PDA

View Full Version : John Lockwood 12 days of Christmas

craftjune
13-07-2016, 06:02 PM
I have recently purchased John Lockwoods 12 Days of Christmas stamps. There are 12 stamps but not the 1st day Partridge in a Peartree. They only go from 2 to 12 and then there is a stamp '12 days of Christmas' Has anyone else got them.

Samsfriendjean
14-07-2016, 01:16 AM
I have recently purchased John Lockwoods 12 Days of Christmas stamps. There are 12 stamps but not the 1st day Partridge in a Peartree. They only go from 2 to 12 and then there is a stamp '12 days of Christmas' Has anyone else got them.

Partridge in a Peartree is a seperate set with several stamps. You can see it on Julia Watts Crafts although I believe its out of stock. There's also another set with sentiments.

Jacksmissis
14-07-2016, 07:06 AM
How very odd, I would have thought that it was from the 1st day myself as against starting on the 2nd and then tagging one on to the end, strange!

Samsfriendjean
14-07-2016, 07:15 AM
No it seems the Partridge in the Peartree was the main part of it and is a set with 9 stamps. I've just had another look at Julia Watts Crafts and now can't find it there although I saw it last night. But if you put John Lockwood/Partidge in A Peartree on the net it should direct you to the appropriate place on his blog (John Next Door) where you can see it in use. I've just done that so I know it works.

craftjune
14-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Thanks all I have found the stamp you are talking about the partridge one. I think it is a bit of a swizz not to include 1st day in the 12 days set. There was room, the last stamp is not really needed in the set. Make you spend more money I suppose

Lioness
14-07-2016, 04:03 PM
I wonder if the partridge in a pear tree was the first set out and then they created the second set as an add-on?

Samsfriendjean
14-07-2016, 04:29 PM
I wonder if the partridge in a pear tree was the first set out and then they created the second set as an add-on?

Don't think so. While I was looking for the Partridge I'm sure I saw that John had intended it to be 2 sets of stamps together. may have been sold at an offer price originally. As I said, there's also a sentiment set so I assume that appeared at the same time.

I actually think the partridge set is lovely and liked the card he made from it on his blog.

It's a shame John doesn't look at this site, then he could perhaps explain.

Samsfriendjean
14-07-2016, 04:30 PM

Don't think so. While I was looking for the Partridge I'm sure I saw that John had intended it to be 2 sets of stamps together. may have been sold at an offer price originally. As I said, there's also a sentiment set so I assume that appeared at the same time.

I actually think the partridge set is lovely and liked the card he made from it on his blog.

It's a shame John doesn't look at this site, then he could perhaps explain.

Jilly
14-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I bought the second set when they came out some time ago - didn't bother with the first one of Partridge and pear tree as have the Clarity ones so now a complete set albeit different companies!