PDA

View Full Version : Wedding card and 'stuff'

RozMinis
31-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Perforated paper used for the Meg Evershed wedding card, taken from her CD bought on Amazon last week. She is on Hochanda on Tuesday, so as I will be out I've already set the thing to record - all three shows!

Another perforated paper C********* ornament. I've already stitched the violin, I reckon I need the entire orchestra now.

This one is 80% beads on linen fabric. Can't actually remember working any cross stitch.

Going to make a start on a cross stitch swap tomorrow. Just for a novelty it isn't a C******** one, that will come later in the month! :)

Roz

Victoria
31-07-2016, 09:46 PM
How lovely Roz. Very clear photos of your detailed work.

Jacksmissis
01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Brilliant Roz, really lovely they'll be over the moon!

jube
01-08-2016, 09:17 AM
They are beautiful, congratulations.

lovepaperstroking2
01-08-2016, 04:09 PM
They are gorgeous..

RozMinis
01-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Ta ever so muchly peeps. It rather pales into insignificance after the wedding ring pillow, but at least it is something a bit different. Naomi's mum also cross stitches and paper crafts, so at least we have something to talk about. :)

Must admit because I can no longer use my big SLR camera, I was dubious about how good a small camera would be. I bought it about four years ago, cost me about £70 + another £30 for the case and spare SD card, though as I used my Nectar points for that, they were basically free. I ended up investing in another battery and an extra USB cable, but well worth the extra tenner or so they cost.

I usually edit my photos in Paint Shop Pro, cutting out a lot of the background, adding a little extra back lighting, and sharpening the picture. I can't say I have much input into what PSP actually does, as most of it is automatic. :)

Roz

Craftysusan
02-08-2016, 06:12 PM
They are all lovely Roz. You must have lots of patience.

RozMinis
02-08-2016, 07:35 PM
No patience required Susan. It is the enjoyment I get from doing it that is what makes it all come together. After the car accident all I could do was cross stitching, and I had to do that left handed. It helped me from going stir crazy, which I think I would have done had I only had the telly to watch.

I remember sitting there feeling sorry for myself, said a few choice words, which are unrepeatable. From then on I decided the only way I could get the better of the woman who wrote our car off, that hurt more than my thumb and other injuries in my eyes, was to do something. I couldn't knit or crochet, so cross stitching seemed to be the way to go.

I started with plastic canvas, then onto perforated paper, before turning to my cottons. Must admit I had some funny moments when it came to trying to attach the fabric to the frame, but what the heck, it was all part of the healing process, healing my mind anyway. :) I'd had a map of Ireland for some years, bought in Dublin way back in the mid 1990's. I reckoned it was high time I got on with it. I reckoned I was probably potty to undertake something so large, but the insurance company were very kind and coughed up the money for the floor stand, lamp, and other bits and bobs. Finished it, then waited another year before finally getting it framed. Now ensconced on the wall along with other 'stuff' I have stitched, and paintings 'himself' has done. Need more walls, especially at C********. :)

Roz