PDA

View Full Version : Groovi

RozMinis
07-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Just gotta have the bra and knicker sets. Will order directly from Clarity though as I get a 15% discount for being a diamond member. I liked some of her other Groovi thingies, but as Clarity is going to be at Harrogate (Parchment exhibition) in October, already got my ticket, I will be kind to my bank balance. :)

Roz

NeroWolfe
08-08-2016, 02:16 PM
They were attractive weren't they! Show us some outputs in due course!

Quick question - as these are bigger than A5 - do they not fit in any Mate so assume you just work directly on the grid and it's not held in place by anything IYKWIM?

Mitzi
08-08-2016, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen these - the mind boggles! Is it in keeping with the miniature swap you posted about not long ago?

bdreish
08-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Ha ha Mitzi - thongs and tassels spring to mind:faint:(I havent seen them either)

Jacksmissis
08-08-2016, 07:19 PM
They are beautiful ladies, very pretty - not vulgar!! I'd never thought about them not fitting into the grid holder thingy but you're right they won't As a pair I would guess they're around A4 size and the samples that I saw Barbara with (don't think she'd actually made them) had different areas used as something else - sorry, it sounds complicated but it's not !! Best thing would be to have a shufty at this https://www.hochanda.com/Cinemas/9375/07-08-2016/15/Crafting-with-Clarity this was the 3pm show Sunday that I saw.

RozMinis
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
No chuck, I wasn't thinking of the mini theme at the time!!!

'Himself' said he liked them, I could imagine them in black and red for a naughty bloke. I have some prick and stitch sexy slut cards which went down very well at the fluffit/woofit shop. Hmmmm, I reckon Alan would be very interested if I made it for Kate. ;)

They do appear to be quite large, not something I normally do, but as there are loads of borders on the same plates, I reckon they could be used for other things as well.

I ended up being very nawty, bought two of the four art nouveau ladies. I also invested in the window mask for the rubber stamp I bought a million years ago. I have cut my own in the past, but it isn't easy. It is such a useful stamp, seems a pity not to use it properly.

Roz

Julie
08-08-2016, 09:38 PM
I have one of the art nouveau ladies but I am convinced she is Art Deco, very Erte. The corners that come with it are nouveau though.

RozMinis
09-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Ooooo I never noticed the corners. Dunno when they will arrive as Clarity do seem a bit on the slow side these days. No matter, it will be exciting when they do turn up. :)

Roz

Fenpeper
10-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Clarity are definitely slow, I belong to both the stencil and stamp club and have had reason to email them with a query - 4 emails lately and no response whatsoever. I do wonder if it is all a bit much for a small family company. Not finding the groovi stuff interesting at all (can't bear the feel/look of parchment!) and was looking forward to the colouring book but it is all birds. Sorry, just feeling a bit 'meh' about it all. x

Chalet School Fan
11-08-2016, 04:53 AM
I agree Fenpeper. I think they are juggling a lot of balls, with TV appearances, shows and craft retreats their staff are thinly spread and speed of delivery suffers as a result. I live less than 2 miles from Clarity HQ, but I order their products from Crafters Companion because delivery is so much faster. Not good for the environment though, as my bits and pieces have been shipped 300 plus miles up to County Durham only to be returned back to their place of origin.

Must admit I don't really get the Groovi thing either. But at the retreat I went on Barbara said that it is outselling other products, so as a business that is where the focus has to be at the moment. They are not giving up on stamps and stencils, but they are taking a backseat at the present. I admire the skill of parchment work, but I don't particularly like the finished items sorry Roz!

Craftysusan
11-08-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm still really interested in the Groovi concept but haven't taken the plunge yet - the cost of crafting is going up and up especially with things like dies and Groovi plates as they are always bringing out new items and the purse can't stretch to them all unfortunately. Shame Clarity can't improve their customer service. Surely Barbara can employ another person to oversee customer service especially if it is putting people off purchasing directly from them.

Jacksmissis
11-08-2016, 03:03 PM
At Donny the other week, I was genuinely amazed at how many Groovi plates there was, I'd no idea they'd so many variations, I expected them to just be releasing 2 or 3 a month for instance but there's hundreds!

RozMinis
11-08-2016, 07:17 PM
No problems CSF, it would be terrible if we all liked the same things, especially as I have been saying all day that if I see another die I will scream! Even my wee 'bug reckons there isn't anything he is keen on.

Some of the Groovi plates are expensive, but I was lucky in that I bought a few of the dearer ones when they had a sale last month. It isn't just an influx of Groovi either, Pergamano and Parchment Lace are coming out with more and more of their grids. Parchment seems to have taken off in a big way. My favourite parching is still the pricking and cutting, although I prefer my Pergamano scissors to the Perga cutter so beloved of Rossella, et al. I can use the scissors with either hand, first and second fingers, which makes it easier for me.

Roz

Lioness
13-08-2016, 04:15 PM
At Donny the other week, I was genuinely amazed at how many Groovi plates there was, I'd no idea they'd so many variations, I expected them to just be releasing 2 or 3 a month for instance but there's hundreds!
I think that part of the reason that there appear to be so many so quickly is that many of the designs are copies of stamps that already exist and some have been around for a while (at least I think that is the case). So the artwork has simply been transferred to the groovi plates.

As few months ago I read Barbara's blog, and I got the impression that she was considering whether to expand the business or not and has decided to try and continue with things as they are. I don't think that it was a decision taken lightly.

RozMinis
13-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Some of the Groovi plates certainly have been (still are) rubber stamps. I bought two of the T'was the night before C********* Groovi plates that are rubber stamps. I think the two ladies I have bought are also rubber stamps.

Much to my amazement they arrived this morning. I wasn't expecting them to turn up for at least a couple of weeks, so well pleased. Not sure just when I will be able to get around to trying them out as I am in the middle of C******** cards, although I would like to do the bra and knickers for a birthday card for Kate at the end of November. Had it just been the knickers and bra I wouldn't have bothered, they aren't exactly cheap after all, but as there are loads of borders, I reckon they are good value.

Roz

Jacksmissis
13-08-2016, 07:51 PM
One of the idea's in Barbara's samples was a set of 3 panties, in different colours and each on a teeny weeny hanger (like you'd have a tiny baby or dolly outfit on) they all looked stunning - maybe there's a piccie on the groovi gallery, if there is one that is?

RozMinis
14-08-2016, 06:16 PM
http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/Information/Artroom/Groovi-Gallery/Feminine/Oooh-La-La-Knickers-and-Bra-Set here ya go chuck. ;) No hanger, but there are some interesting samples of what folks have done with the plates.

One of things I am not keen on is all the colouring that goes on with the Groovi plates. I much prefer whitework, with lots of cut out lacy bits. When I do use colour it tends to be very lightly on the back, so just gives a 'hint of a tint' so to speak.

Roz

Chalet School Fan
14-08-2016, 08:26 PM
When I went on the Clarity retreat we spent an afternoon using Groovi plates to create a picture of a girl with flowers for hair. Interesting idea to use a variety of plates, but I could not get the colouring to look right. So I think I'm with you Roz about keeping it all white.

Fenpeper
15-08-2016, 09:29 PM
I have still had no response to my query about not receiving club stamps and stencils despite 4 emails and a separate one to Barbara herself, whose email is on the club correspondence. Absolutely NOT impressed at all with Clarity at the moment. No answer when I tried to call, though admittedly I only rang once, have a bit of phonephobia. x

RozMinis
16-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Odd that Fenpepper as I was sent a wrong item, one I already had unfortunately. The lady I spoke to was very nice, and passed me on to another lady who I think was called Janine. She said my missing plate would go in the post that day, and that perhaps I could pass the wrong item onto a friend. We had a bit of a giggle as I said it was a good way to get somebody else interested in the Groovi plates. The replacement arrived the following day. It was an easy mistake to make to be honest, especially if one was having a bad hair day, which I have on a regular basis, as both were Christmas baubles, and both the same price.

Try giving them another ring, I am sure they will sort out your problem for you.

Roz

Chalet School Fan
16-08-2016, 08:59 PM
I haven't received my club mailing for August yet - is that what you have not received? They used arrive at the beginning of the month, but the are arriving later and later. Probably indicative of a shortage of staff.

Fenpeper
17-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Ahhhh, ok, thank you, that makes me feel a bit better! But I do feel they've overstretched themselves, if you're going to expand you have to have the workforce to match the expansion to maintain customer service, you can't just take the money and run, cos I notice the payment has already been taken......

Roz, I was a bit surprised as I have had exemplary customer service from them previously, have never had to email more than once. x

PurplePenny
17-08-2016, 10:48 AM
No answer when I tried to call, though admittedly I only rang once, have a bit of phonephobia. x

Me too. I've discovered that it is a far more common phobia than I would have guessed: it was in a list of the 100 most common phobias. So were 12 other phobias that I suffer from... good thing that the number 13 isn't a phobia for me!

Fenpeper
17-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Awwww, I hate using the phone, email has been an absolute revelation to me over the last few years!! Anyway, just wanted to say I have had an email to confirm that the august mailings are running late, in fact nothing is back from the printers yet!! I do think the club members should have been aware, if not through individual emails which I understand would be a nightmare, but maybe an announce on the website or blog? Ah well...

Mitzi
17-08-2016, 04:57 PM
I have a bit of phone phobia too. Glad I'm not the only one!

bdreish
17-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I also am not keen on using the phone, but my main bug-bear is when I have finally got courage to phone someone only to be greeted by 'please leave your message after the tone' .

RozMinis
17-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Wondered what had happened to the August goodies.

I'm not keen on using the phone myself, but that could be something to do with my having to pay. When we were with Virgin I had evenings and weekends as part of the package. I was also paying for the same service with the BT landline.

When we were shoved by Virgin over to TalkTalk, which has been a great improvement I might add, I took out their line rental as well. That meant I received a year free Internet, although I had to pay for all calls as that was the package I chose. Well that year has long gone, but I am still only paying for the landline. When TalkTalk had all those problems earlier in the year I stayed loyal to them, I worked on the theory that they were probably not on their own, but were the only ones who had the guts to say what had happened. Anyway they gave me a year of free anytime calls as a thank you. Not that I have gone raving mad, probably only make one call a week. I hardly ever use my mobile either, which is as basic as they come, in fact it is only turned on when I want to use it, ditto the one 'himself' has.

Roz

RozMinis
17-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Nearly forgot, I had to sit on my hands today and not buy the box thingie on the Clarity show, though I must admit to being very tempted.

Roz

Julie
04-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Oh dear, couldn't resist, registered with Hochanda and ordered the Jayne Nestorenko Groovi plates.

Deefersmum
05-09-2016, 06:17 AM
Oh dear, couldn't resist, registered with Hochanda and ordered the Jayne Nestorenko Groovi plates.

Has anyone heard how Jayne is progressing? I used to enjoy watching her on C&C.

Jacksmissis
05-09-2016, 07:26 AM
ooh Julie, I didnt know Jayne did things for Groovi - and has she been poorly Deefy? Nice lady and not on often as you say. Think we forget time goes on and we're all getting older !!

Julie
05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Barbara did mention Jayne had been poorly.

Tbh I only wanted the Agapanthus, Fuschia and frame plate but they were sold out as singles within minutes of the launch so twisted my own arm and bought the kit !

Deefersmum
05-09-2016, 03:27 PM
ooh Julie, I didnt know Jayne did things for Groovi - and has she been poorly Deefy? Nice lady and not on often as you say. Think we forget time goes on and we're all getting older !!

This was posted on her Facebook during October 2015

Jayne would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all her family and friends for the get well messages, cards and flowers following her recent struggle with cancer. As some of you will be aware Jayne was diagnosed with Soft Tissue Sarcoma early last year and underwent major surgery to remove it and Radiotherapy to reduce the risk of it coming back. Unfortunately a secondary cancer was detected in her right lung during regular check ups. Yesterday (Thursday) she underwent keyhole surgery to remove it. I have had messages to say that the surgery went well and she is now in HDU but able to walk about, although still a bit groggy. She is a fighter and has remained so positive during such an emotional time. I'm just so pleased that she is doing well and wish her a speedy recovery. Come on Jayne your tea is getting cold and the biscuits are disappearing fast! lol
Jayne has understandably been unable to update her website and other pages because of the recent dip in her health. I hope you will join me in wishing Jayne a speedy recovery and all the love and hugs she needs to get through this. I will try to keep you undated as best I can . Thank you xxx

I know it was a while ago, but I just wanted to know if she was better. She is such a lovely lady.

RozMinis
05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Oh dear, I hope they have managed to get it all this time. I must admit that when one has had cancer, it is always at the back of ones mind that it might turn up again. Sometimes it is secondary cancer, sometimes it is totally unconnected, at least that is what Karen, Mr Farag's oncology nurse told me. Wishing Jayne well.

Much as I liked the plates, well all bar the one with the bird, I refuse to even think about buying from Hochanda again. I receive 15% off, and free postage when I order directly from Clarity, so I may as well order as and when I fancy something. Saving up my pennies for the Harrogate show next month, at least I will be when I have spent a small fortune in Carlisle and Cockermouth this week/next week. That'll be on stitchy stuff though. :)

Roz

Jacksmissis
05-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Aww nooooooooo, thats awful Deefy, I hope the poor lass has had a complete recovery is feeling much stronger now, if she's designing for Barbara that will help give her projects to look forward too - it all helps.