PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Shore's Christmas Templates

Deefersmum
10-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a waste of money? In the past I have made better decorations etc with free downloads, or by making my own shapes i.e. Christmas Tree with bells, gingham hearts, snowmen etc.

I am watching the re-run and Debbie has part made one of the reindeer with the robin fabric - only problem being the pattern is sparse and she has landed up with an upside down robin right in the centre of the reindeer head.

As to the stockings, anyone can make those.

One query - has anyone used the spray adhesive for fabric? Is it any good? I cringe every time Debbie sprays it on top of the work surface next to the machine. If it is anything like CC spray adhesive for paper it must cause a right sticky mess.

notmorecraft
10-08-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm the same bout the stencils, not for me. I've never tried the CC spray, I use 505 temporary adhesive all the time for basting my sandwich layers for quilting, and for attaching fabric to stabiliser for machine embroidery. Any overspray can be removed with a damp cloth or a baby wipe.

Mitzi
10-08-2016, 03:45 PM
I don't tend to watch sewing programmes but I did catch a couple of minutes of what I assume was this. Debbie was stuffing something which looked roughly the shape of a rubber duck, although perhaps a bit thinner in the body. She said it was a reindeer. I went "Huh?" but wasn't intrigued enough to keep watching to find out how a duck becomes a reindeer.

sam
10-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm afraid that as soon as I see Debbie and her manic grin, she's quickly turned off!

bdreish
10-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I am so pleased she is no longer on C & C, I just wish Jennie Rayment would follow her.

RozMinis
10-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Ah bless you all, my thoughts exactly. Fifty squid + postage is one isn't a Freedom member for six bits of plastic. As for the price of the fabric.............. words fail me. If the chap in the indoor market, or PJ Textiles in town charged half that amount for their fabrics, they would be out of business as nobody would buy them. We are talking good quality patchwork cotton here by the way, not the cheaper poly cotton. Even the fat quarters that Dot sold worked out at less than £8 a metre, the more one bought, the cheaper they were.

Can't be doing with Debbie's constant grinning. As for Jennie, I am sure she knows what she is banging on about, but I would appreciate it if she would slow down to a gallop as I cannot keep up with her.

Roz

Jacksmissis
11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
The prices of the fabrics they have on all the TV sewing progs never ceases to amaze me. Young Hayley (that does the proggy stuff) had some on her show today and it was £17.99 plus p&p for (I think) 2 x half metres!! and some others at £9.99 + for 2 pieces, plus p&p. Daylight robbery to me but as usual, it was all "flying out the door"!

RozMinis
11-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Just goes to show that some folks will buy anything if they are told by the presenters/demonstrators that it is a bargain. The lady who has taken over from Rossella on C & C was saying the 'free' grid in the Parchment Lace magazine was worth at least £12. Dunno who she is kidding, especially as I have never paid out more than a tenner for the Pergamano grids. A fool and their money springs to mind.

Roz

Granny Penny
13-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Haley's fabric was 2 metres and I thought it was about the right price for the quality. I must admit I can live without templates generally but others may like them and I suppose Debbie knows her market - it's just not some of us.

I like the fact that they have a wide cross section of sewing programmes on Hochanda - of course it isn't going to appeal to someone who does sew or want to but there is quite a variety so there is probably something for every sewer. I like the Lea Lu designs.

If Jennie Rayment moved to Hochanda I think she would be very good doing master classes.

If you all dislike it so much why do you watch? Just wondering.:ohwell:

RozMinis
13-08-2016, 07:00 PM
I don't watch Debbie Shore or Jennie Rayment. As for the rest, some I watch, some I don't, it depends on who it is and what they are flogging, and just as importantly, who the presenter is.

Roz