PDA

View Full Version : modular origami show

wonky doodle
12-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Isn't it lovely

Craftysusan
12-09-2016, 09:49 PM
I missed it Wonky Doodle. I'm not very good with that sort of that thing but it is great to watch the lovely creations. Hope it comes on again.

RozMinis
15-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Missed it too. Shame as I remember seeing something similar on C & C some years ago.

Roz

Mitzi
16-09-2016, 02:05 PM
I didn't see it either. What sort of things were they doing? (I suppose I could look it up but haven't really got time.)

I liked origami when I was younger but always seemed to end up with the creases not quite in exactly the right places so it was a bit wonky. Sometimes with complicated things, I'd get half way down the instructions then the next step would be something like "turn it inside out" and I could never work out how to do it. I guess these days you can follow a video demonstration on Youtube so it should be easier.

wonky doodle
16-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Hi all, Sry for not replying sooner,
my original post was similar to this
" I liked the glue they were using. was doing ok until some of the origami sets were shown, and one of the sets was a sp..er quickly switched off and no glue !!"
thought I was the kiss of death as loads had looked but no comments, so edited it,
It was a lovely (different) show but couldn't watch any more of it.

alan1302
16-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Hi all, Sry for not replying sooner,
my original post was similar to this
" I liked the glue they were using. was doing ok until some of the origami sets were shown, and one of the sets was a sp..er quickly switched off and no glue !!"
thought I was the kiss of death as loads had looked but no comments, so edited it,
It was a lovely (different) show but couldn't watch any more of it.

The kiss of death was editing your original post so no one knew what you were on about! LOL

RozMinis
16-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Glue? Not s'posed to use glue with origami, it is s'posed to hold together on its tod. I have several books bought on Amazon on the subject, some came with some really nice papers, which I haven't had the heart to use yet! I also have a couple of booklets, one has flowers, the other clothes. Really easy to work those, but the one that I do find difficult is a set of Japanese bookmarks. It doesn't matter what I do, I always seem to make a muck up. I struggled with Stephanie Weightman's destructions for making kimono's as well. :(

Maybe I just need more practice, though trying YouTube might be the best option. I have learned loads of stuff on there, including several of Kerry Lord's ways of crochet.

Roz

wonky doodle
16-09-2016, 08:43 PM
You gave me a laugh there Alan, and yes you are right, should have left it original, ah well, you will probably have realised by now, I have an unhealthy fear of sp...ers. Can't bear the next few months, jumpier than a cricket. But a real shame it caused me to miss the essence of the show

wonky doodle
16-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Glue? Not s'posed to use glue with origami, it is s'posed to hold together on its tod. I have several books bought on Amazon on the subject, some came with some really nice papers, which I haven't had the heart to use yet! I also have a couple of booklets, one has flowers, the other clothes. Really easy to work those, but the one that I do find difficult is a set of Japanese bookmarks. It doesn't matter what I do, I always seem to make a muck up. I struggled with Stephanie Weightman's destructions for making kimono's as well. :(

Maybe I just need more practice, though trying YouTube might be the best option. I have learned loads of stuff on there, including several of Kerry Lord's ways of crochet.

Roz
You seem so talented with your needlework Roz, I learned crochet work in the 60's and i was very popular with neighbours (all wanting ponchos and waistcoats) the local church kept me busy as well making stuff for their fetes and fairs, enjoyed it at the time, but got half way through (another) matinee jacket and put it down never to pick it up again. Never did apologies for not finishing it, naughty of me.
Origami doesn't really float my boat but had just switched on and saw the gentleman using the glue, so thought I would watch something different, the finished articles were lovely, apart from THAT one lol

RozMinis
17-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Sigh, 'himself' insists he now wants another V neck sleeveless jumper using my mock Fairisle slip stitch pattern. Peeps were going crazy over it when we were on our hols, wanted to know where he had bought it. Ho hum, think I made a rod for my own back there! At least I have loads of odd balls of the variegated sock yarn, so only need a few balls of a plain colour. He won't be needing any more socks for several years, so may as well use it on something he wants/needs.

I honestly don't think I am in the least bit talented, no honest. I make so many mistakes so have to frog virtually everything I stitch. An example is the two C******** ornaments I am making. The outline stitches were s'posed to be in red. I wasn't paying due care and attention, so had half worked one in green. Well it is for me, and as I already have one in red I wasn't that fussed. Half way round the second ornament I realised I was doing it in green as well. Oh well, it doesn't really matter, so I didn't frog it. Frogging being an American term for unpicking by the way - rip-it, rip-it! I am changing the Hardanger section anyway as I don't like the original filling stitches.

Roz

pyjama princess
17-09-2016, 07:36 PM
.............Frogging being an American term for unpicking by the way - rip-it, rip-it! ...............

I've always meant to ask you what it meant -I guessed it was undoing stuff but couldn't get the connection.

Jacksmissis
18-09-2016, 07:23 AM
I had to read and re-read your original post Wonky and I just didnt 'get it' ! Thought to myself I'm missing somat here I'll have a look later but when I did it had changed but made sense, thought it was just me lol!!

wonky doodle
18-09-2016, 11:05 AM
I had to read and re-read your original post Wonky and I just didnt 'get it' ! Thought to myself I'm missing somat here I'll have a look later but when I did it had changed but made sense, thought it was just me lol!!
Sry Jacksmissis, really messed this one up,

Jacksmissis
18-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Ha!Ha! we're all the same!