PDA

View Full Version : Time product stays in basket

lynnieb
06-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I was using my £10 voucher the other day, and putting a few things in my basket. The thing is, you get only get a few minutes before they leave your basket. Because I was deciding between a few things, by the time I put one item in, the first one had gone.
I'm not the fastest on my laptop, as I only have one arm. Also, when you are browsing, you don't like to feel pressured into making a decision; because there is so little time, that is what happens. Surely 20 minutes would be better than 5?

sam
06-10-2016, 10:04 PM
They have been giving lots of reminders lately that products only stay in baskets for seven minutes. If I was going to buy from hochanda I would definitely join the club for the month then you can check out after each item if you wanted too.

Victoria
06-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Why not make a list at leisure and then put things in the basket when you're actually ready to order?

Deefersmum
07-10-2016, 06:15 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the phone queues? Every time I flick on and there is a 'big' name brand, they have a whatsit running across the bottom of the screen saying they have busy lines. Mind you if they haven't employed any more staff to man the phones I'm not surprised.

Lioness
07-10-2016, 10:56 AM
7 minutes isn't very long if you are browsing for different items.
QVC used to have 30 mins but you could extend that by going into your basket and the time would start again. Not sure if that is still the case but it was useful particularly in the days when things sold out quickly and you did not know whether there was something else in the show which you might like more

PurplePenny
07-10-2016, 03:13 PM
It adds extra time each time you put another item in the basket, and you can remove items before checking out, so if you want to keep the basket open just put something in then remove it later. The amount of time seems to vary and I can't work out how it decides. Sometimes it just ups the time back to seven minutes, sometimes it adds seven more minutes and sometimes it adds what seems to be a completely arbitrary period.

RozMinis
07-10-2016, 06:35 PM
I refuse to buy from Hochanda anymore after the last £10 issue. Most of their stuff can be bought at the same price elsewhere, postage is often cheaper, or even free as too.

Roz

tricia
07-10-2016, 08:18 PM
I hate being rushed so would probably not end up with anything to buy as by the sound of it, things would end up being deleted before I got the chance to purchase.

Stitch
12-10-2016, 06:50 AM
I was using my £10 voucher the other day, and putting a few things in my basket. The thing is, you get only get a few minutes before they leave your basket. Because I was deciding between a few things, by the time I put one item in, the first one had gone.
I'm not the fastest on my laptop, as I only have one arm. Also, when you are browsing, you don't like to feel pressured into making a decision; because there is so little time, that is what happens. Surely 20 minutes would be better than 5?

Maybe some constructive feedback direct to Hochanda might help. I am sure if you let them know they may consider your request - you could make a difference as you have raised a valid point.