PDA

View Full Version : So disappointed no Sue

craftjune
17-10-2016, 09:39 PM
I just went to watch a recording of Sue Wilson dies and it isn't her, so disappointed turned it off.

Sue
18-10-2016, 01:13 AM
Was it John Lockwood? Personally I prefer watching him to Sue Wilson any day, not that I've ever bought a die in my life.

sam
18-10-2016, 06:58 AM
I prefer to watch John than Sue, though his constant comments about how fantastic Sue and her dies are gets a bit tedious.
I don't like Sue's over fussy, multi layer style and John's and Julia's are very much the same, it would be great to see somebody different demonstrate a more modern style using these dies.

Jacksmissis
18-10-2016, 07:47 AM
I think I prefer John to Sue as well, think he's a really talented chap. He does (and no disrespect to Sue or Julia) kind of elegant cards, don't know how else to describe them!

craftjune
18-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Not a fan of John's and never will be. He's a bit slap dash for my kind of crafting. I like things to be neat not just thrown together. I know they don't have much time on TV but his cards could look a bit neater. I'm not keen on his gushing ways either.

Sue
18-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Wow! I would never describe John's cards as "slapdash" and "thrown together"! I don't agree with that at all. I agree with Sam that Sue's are over fussy. She just keeps on piling more and more layers on and just when you think surely that's more than enough, you must have finished now, she sticks a great big bow on it! Way over the top IMO.

Samsfriendjean
18-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Not a fan of John's and never will be. He's a bit slap dash for my kind of crafting. I like things to be neat not just thrown together. I know they don't have much time on TV but his cards could look a bit neater. I'm not keen on his gushing ways either.

I don't recognise John in that description at all, I've always thought how methodical he is and particularly like the way he explains the different techniques. I've learnt a lot from both him and Sue but don't feel the need to copy every detail of everything they do, rather take different elements and adapt them to a card of my own design. A lot of Sue's ideas I've altered to make a much simpler card because I don't like them over the top either, and particularly avoid huge bows mainly because I can't make them look anything like professional.

RozMinis
18-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Not a great fan of any of 'em these days. Dunno why, especially as I used to enjoy watching them on C & C. Maybe my tastes are changing, although I would agree that Sue's are definitely way too fussy for my liking. Huge bows, ditto flowers, bling, and the hat pins............... noooooo. I reckon most cards end up in the bin, there is no point in going over the top. Granted I know some folks keep them, but there are others who don't give a rats, hence why I am sending bought cards to certain members of my family this year. Not all members of my family you understand, but I know who will appreciate a hand made card, and who don't even notice my name on the inside, let alone the Hand Made by...... on the back.

Just checked to make sure I hadn't used the C******** word! ;)

Roz

Victoria
18-10-2016, 07:52 PM
I prefer Julia actually and then Sue! John really gets on my nerves as I said in a previous thread.