PDA

View Full Version : Jacksmissis's Beautiful Birthday Cards

Jacksmissis
20-02-2017, 01:11 PM
OK ladies, here goes, I do hope they all load - what a flipping going on, very long story but No 1 Son was busy so I've tried again by myself and gone back to using the old lappy, at least I think its "talking" to the piccies, we'll soon see - I couldnt find them when I loaded them before lol !! I'm so very grateful for you all to have spent your time and really I can't have any favourites they're all stunning to me. I'm doing them in sections incase it doesnt work IYSWIM

Mitzi 6520
Tricia 6521
Little Jan 6522

Waterlilly 6523
Marleybear 6524

Thrown me off now so off to do another one!

Jacksmissis
20-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Second Batch ladies !!
LPS 6525
Glingle 6526
Victoria 6527

Essex Anne 6528
JSC 6529

Phew! Hope they are all viewable ladies, I've had to shrink 2 to get them accepted, don't know why, left camer in exactly same place! Thanks once again, I'm overwhelmed!

EssexAnne
20-02-2017, 02:13 PM
It can be really annoying when things don't work properly! Especially when you've done it before and it worked that time! Love the cards. X

tricia
20-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Beautiful cards everyone.

Waterlily
20-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Beautiful cards everyone.

I had trouble when I tried to load some pics too. Used to work really well for me but now!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if it was because I was using a new computer.

Well done JM.

jube
20-02-2017, 03:24 PM
I can see how you can't have a favourite. They are all beautiful.

lovepaperstroking2
20-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Gorgeous cards everyone.

Jacksmissis
20-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Thank you girls, I'm just sorry the piccies don't do them the justice they deserve. There's glitter, gems, crystals, lace, wooden & metallic embellishments, very fine cuts with dies and cutting machines. Don't know if you can "squidge" the piccies - like you can with an iPhone - but if you can it will bring them up beautifully! And yes you're so right WL, and you begin to feel like you've lost the plot (well I did).

wonky doodle
20-02-2017, 05:06 PM
lovely cards, hope you had a great day and got spoiled

Little Jan
20-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Beautiful cards thanks for sharing

JSC
20-02-2017, 06:22 PM
beautiful selection of cards so many different styles.

Deefersmum
20-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Lovely cards everyone - now can someone make the card I've been trying to make today for my friend's birthday on 25th.

I thought I would use one of the edger dies from CC and, yes, you've got it, I can't get it to cut (in the middle). I've tried with the Big Shot and my Big Blue - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jacksmissis
20-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Have you tried a shim Deefy? Flipping nuisance when you're needing something badly, have you tried rotating as well? Sorry can't be more use chuck

clumsycrafter
20-02-2017, 11:33 PM
What beautiful cards - and what a talented lot. TFS JM, hope you had a lovely day.

Susan W
21-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Lovely cards everyone. Did you not get my card jm?

Deefersmum
21-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Have you tried a shim Deefy? Flipping nuisance when you're needing something badly, have you tried rotating as well? Sorry can't be more use chuck

I haven't tried a shim in case it marks the front of the card and I can't rotate it because it is a 'whole' card i.e. too long to put in sideways.

I'm going to make a card with something else today and all of my CC dies are going to the charity shop - had enough!

Jacksmissis
21-02-2017, 06:32 AM
Lovely cards everyone. Did you not get my card jm?

No Susan W, I haven't been up for my post since Sunday but I didn't think anything of it because I know you have lots to do, please don't worry about it.

Jacksmissis
21-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Deefy, do send your CC dies back to Sara (for her attention too) its a lot of money to be disappointed like that. You'll be no worse off & it will bring it to her attention - can't believe she doesn't know already really.

Deefersmum
21-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Deefy, do send your CC dies back to Sara (for her attention too) its a lot of money to be disappointed like that. You'll be no worse off & it will bring it to her attention - can't believe she doesn't know already really.

Can't be arsed JM. I have had some of them for a while and just haven't used them (said I had too much stuff).

Considering the amount of dies they're selling for half price on Hochanda, I think she must know.

Susan W
21-02-2017, 08:55 AM
No Susan W, I haven't been up for my post since Sunday but I didn't think anything of it because I know you have lots to do, please don't worry about it.

Oh that's so annoying. It should have arrived before your birthday, I'm so sorry jm, I shall make you another one as soon as I can
Susan x

Jacksmissis
21-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Nooooooooooo!!! don't do that Susan, my daughter has just rung this morning to say another two cards have come in todays post - I bet yours is one of them!! I will be going up this week so I'll report back! but in any case, thank you, I appreciate your offer but I wouldn't want you to go to all that trouble.

Susan W
21-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Let me know. I really don't mind making another, it's no trouble at all x

Jacksmissis
22-02-2017, 05:06 PM
It's here Susan W !! Its beautiful, thank you so much. I have taken the photo & I'm doing my best to upload on this pc, if I can't manage, I'll get the lappy out and do it that way, but thanks again!

Here we are 6530 well worth waiting for!! AND, I think I've cracked it with the uploading !!

Oh for goodnessake its wrong way up! I'll master this if it kills me, sorry Susan!

Jacksmissis
22-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Well as you can see - its still gone sideways! I went onto the file and rotated it so (I thought) it would then be right way up when transferred. Can't understand it, the others are all ok with my lappy - going to have to ask one of my kiddiwinks, sorry again Susan.

Little Jan
22-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Lovely card

pyjama princess
22-02-2017, 08:33 PM
How's this JM?

All your birthday cards are stunning - well done to all the forumites who made them!

sam
23-02-2017, 05:19 AM
They are lovely cards jacksmissis. Thanks for showing them.

Mitzi, where did you get that lovely die from?
If anybody knows the make, can they please let me know?
Thanks.

sam
23-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Ignore the last message, I've found it.
It's an xcut one. Can anybody tell me what the three different dies are in the pack. I presume one is the background, one the message but can't see what the third must be. I presume that it can fix through the bigshot.
Any help will be great fully received.
Thanks.

Jacksmissis
23-02-2017, 07:00 AM
oh PJP you're a star!! thank you, can I ask how you did it please - if its not too complicated to write? I can't understand why it happened because its right way up on my file and I've never had trouble when I've used my lappy (windows viewer), this is the first one I've managed to do with the new pc (one drive) flipping nuisance!!

Sam I wish you could see them all properly, aren't they all lovely! Got a special box to keep them all in! Mitzi's card is a fine gold metallic - not shiny but not matt either sort of inbetween!

lovepaperstroking2
23-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Lovely card.

Susan W
24-02-2017, 05:22 PM
So glad it turned up, whichever way round it is!
My pics also come out upside down on here as well, no idea why. I found that if I flipped them on my laptop - they still came out upside down. Solution was to photograph them upside down ��

Jacksmissis
14-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Look at my beautiful surprise from Fuchara when I picked my post up yesterday (daughter says it came Monday)! Thank you so much Fuchara and for the teeny-tiny embellishments too, I will find them so useful. 6628

Hey !! I'm right-side up & big too whoah!!

EssexAnne
14-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Aaaaaaw so cute!