PDA

View Full Version : Confession time peeps

Jacksmissis
07-03-2017, 04:57 PM
.........................its confession time! After all the agro I had a year ago ordering from Hochy, and swearing never to touch 'em with a ten foot barge pole again. I decided a few months ago (just before C********) to give Hochy another chance because I'm so fed up with C&C . And I must report that so far its a vast improvement - the things I've ordered have arrived quick and been competitively priced and I've had order acknowledgments and progress notices too. So, over the weekend I decided reluctantly NOT to go to Harrogate as there was 3 but now 4 of the peeps I wanted to buy from weren't going. I then added my fuel, ticket and sustenance money and spent it on more Groovi stuff, and its still come out cheaper than actually going. I put the order in on Monday, which came to a tidy sum. Still one more thing I would like but it'll have to wait till nxt week. I was so looking forward to going as well, but never mind. :cheer2:

RozMinis
07-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Have you tried the Clarity website for you Groovi goodies JM? Same price, and also free postage for orders over £10.

Christine wanted to go to the needlecraft do at Harrogate, can't remember when it is, but Mouse has had some hefty bills after the water leak, so decided she didn't really want to go. I decided ages ago that there wasn't anything there I couldn't live without for the time being anyway, so I didn't want to go. I'm not going to the one in September either as it is only a week before we go on our hols to York. I would rather have money to spend there, especially if the art/craft shop in Thirsk is any good, ditto the fish and chips! The bus stop to Thirsk is virtually outside where we stay, takes an hour, which is about long enough for us.

Roz

Craftysusan
07-03-2017, 10:56 PM
Hi all. I've been really good lately except for then Groovi starter kit which I have mentioned in another thread. I decided that I had more than enough dies to keep me going as well as card. The only thing I have bought for a while is glue. Oh I forgot, I had to get the Spellbinders Platinum machine as my GC broke. I am hoping it can fixed though. Funny, you dont realise what you have bought until you start confessing. Not so good after all then.

lovepaperstroking2
08-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Never bought from Hochanda yet.I have bought a few stamps from China/Hong Kong over the week-end though.

RozMinis
08-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Hi all. I've been really good lately except for then Groovi starter kit which I have mentioned in another thread. I decided that I had more than enough dies to keep me going as well as card. The only thing I have bought for a while is glue. Oh I forgot, I had to get the Spellbinders Platinum machine as my GC broke. I am hoping it can fixed though. Funny, you dont realise what you have bought until you start confessing. Not so good after all then.

Look flower, fessing up to having to buy a new die cutting machine is not classed as a confession, especially if your GC turned up its toes and died. After all there is no point in having dies if you can't use 'em. The same applies to glue and other essentials.

Buying dies, unless they are also essential, such as the Jewel, Clam Shell and Apple Core patchwork dies I bought last week, are classed as confessional items. Soooo although I will fess up to the Jewel set, which were not essential, I am not fessing up to t'other two as I need them for a C******** project, well two C******** projects in fact. I also reckon they are my reward for sorting out my craft room. ;)

Sorted out 'the corner' this afternoon, another pile of 'stuff' to take to the fluffit/woofit shop, not much in the way of craft goodies though, apart from all that Aida that is. Found my other dress fabrics, paper patterns, and knitting wool for three cardigans. Better get the needles clicking I s'pose.

Roz

Craftysusan
08-03-2017, 09:59 PM
I don't know how you find the time for all that crafting Roz, you must be really organised.

Jacksmissis
09-03-2017, 09:11 AM
She has more hours in a day than us CS and a very good house hubby, the sort that cooks etc called a keeper not a swopper LOL !!

RozMinis
09-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Yup, the dear man ain't even for hiring out. ;)

Finished the biscornu for 'the box' this afternoon, though didn't finish the last two rows rib on himself's pullover, maybe tomorrow. Decided before I start my next 'the box' project I had better make a start on the March Just Cross Stitch C******** ornament. Can't believe how quickly that is making up, only the double buttonhole stitch around the sides to do, then press it and find some C******** backing fabric. Soooo with luck that and the rib will be done tomorrow afternoon, before I decide what will be the next item for 'the box'.

Christine, drat her, gave me an idea for another project for 'the box', but it does mean investing in more fabric. I only need an ickle piece, but despite having a mountain of linen, I don't have that colour/thread count required. What a shame, I will have to force myself to visit the Cross Stitch Guild website for a full quarter. Will add a couple of skeins of cotton, and another pack of gold plated charms to the mix. Now ain't that just soooo sad! :rofl:

Roz

Craftysusan
09-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Would be so lovely to see some of your makes Roz or would that spoil the c*******s surprise?

jeanfan
10-03-2017, 03:14 PM
......................... So, over the weekend I decided reluctantly NOT to go to Harrogate as there was 3 but now 4 of the peeps I wanted to buy from weren't going. I then added my fuel, ticket and sustenance money and spent it on more Groovi stuff, and its still come out cheaper than actually going. I put the order in on Monday, which came to a tidy sum. Still one more thing I would like but it'll have to wait till nxt week. I was so looking forward to going as well, but never mind. :cheer2:

We've just got back and you didn't miss anything at all,it was so quiet. Far less stalls than usual,you know the big one with the big blocks of card,2 for a tenner etc,selling a lot of Anna Marie cards - that wasn't there. Dies more expensive than Icon,I'm glad I went but very underwhelmed.

Jean x

RozMinis
10-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Would be so lovely to see some of your makes Roz or would that spoil the c*******s surprise?

Will put a piccie of the finished ornament when I have taken one. As for 'The Box', that will be once everything is finished. :)

Roz

Jacksmissis
10-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Oh my, I'm glad I made that decision not to go now but sorry it wasn't as good as you'd hoped, what a shame! Anna-Marie was one of my sellers along with Be Creative (ex Once upon a stamp), Groovi and House of Zandra . I thought when I saw the list that as well as there being the big names missing, there wasn't as many stalls at all. Thanks Jean, get yourself a cuppa and your feet up chuck!

jeanfan
10-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Still managed to spend quite a bit,but didn't spend it for the sake of it. X

Mitzi
11-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Is the Harrogate show still on? Only I'm going to Harrogate today (not the show) and it might affect the traffic.

Is this a general confession thread? I went mad last Sunday and bought lots of new Seth Apter grungy stamps, Dylusions stencil/mask set and two sets of Dylusions stamps, a Dina Wakeley stencil, couple of Somerset Studio magazines, and I can't even remember what else. All from Art From The Heart (one of the sponsors.) It came to the wrong side of a ton, by quite a way. Oops! The stupid thing is, they are things I would like to use, for the style of art work I would like to do, but in reality I struggle with it so they will probably sit unused on the shelves just getting admired every now and then.

jeanfan
11-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Is the Harrogate show still on? Only I'm going to Harrogate today (not the show) and it might affect the traffic.

Is this a general confession thread? I went mad last Sunday and bought lots of new Seth Apter grungy stamps, Dylusions stencil/mask set and two sets of Dylusions stamps, a Dina Wakeley stencil, couple of Somerset Studio magazines, and I can't even remember what else. All from Art From The Heart (one of the sponsors.) It came to the wrong side of a ton, by quite a way. Oops! The stupid thing is, they are things I would like to use, for the style of art work I would like to do, but in reality I struggle with it so they will probably sit unused on the shelves just getting admired every now and then.

Might be a bit late but yes,it is on today x

Mitzi
12-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Went Harewood way instead of Wetherby so didn't have a problem. Thanks.

RozMinis
12-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Time for me to fess up peeps, though not because I bought anything from C & C or Hochanda. Noooo I go far more upmarket and buy from Jane Greenoff. Well I needed a leekle bit more antique white 28 linen, two skeins of green embroidery thread, and I simply had to have yet another pack of the gold plated charms. Well as I like the little fluffy people, I also had to have the kitty thread holder. Huh, how many more of those things do I need? Then I spotted the French thread thingie, it looked soooo pretty, so I had to buy one of those as well. With my 10% discount and free postage I spent four and a bit pounds over my £20 limit. Do I care? Phooff, no I don't. :)

Roz

Julie
12-03-2017, 09:10 PM
This week I have bought

Fabric from Hochanda - no sign of it yet, bit miffed
A retired Stampendous stamp - order cancelled, miffed
A particular design of Napkin for decoupage that I took ages to find - order cancelled, very miffed, can't find anymore in UK
Metal embellishments from China
Stamps from China
Papier Mache Easter Eggs
Pre ordered the Tonic stamp thingy
Fabric pens
Transfer Artists Paper
Foamiran
Flower stamens
Napkins for decoupage

wonky doodle
12-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Ok,
more dies from china, really pleased with the others,
the brad thingy from C&C, know its looks old fashioned but handy
more pin flair gel
3 water based oil paints from Jacksons.
would love the sue Wilson, basket,chrysanthemum, and frond dies but ......

RozMinis
13-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Well between us we haven't exactly broken da bank. ;)

Not tried decoupage with napkins, but when i went to the parchment thingie in Harrogate last October, there were a couple of ladies selling kits that included napkins and double backed sticky sheets to use with parchment. I tried a couple of them, really impressed as they looked as though I had painted the design onto the parchment - ha, I should be so lucky.

Roz