PDA

View Full Version : Katy Sue Designs have jumped

Deefersmum
03-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Can't say I'm bothered - I've never bought anything they've bought to selly telly.

sam
03-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Were they still on C&C or had they been dropped?

Deefersmum
03-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Were they still on C&C or had they been dropped?

I'm lost really (Dory moment).

I think the original KS was flowersoft wasn't it? Then they were doing the cake/clay moulds? The last time I saw the cake moulds (if that is Katy Sue) was with Ceri Griffiths about 2 months ago on C&C.

I'm getting so bored with craft - everything just seems to be going backwards with all the old companies re-appearing.

Add on: I've just taken another look at the Hochanda Facebook whatsit and it is the KS cake moulds - Ceri Griffiths in on on 16th April.

Craftysusan
03-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Gosh, will C&C have anyone left? How long before Hunkydory leave? Wonder who the next company will be on Hochanda.

RozMinis
03-04-2017, 06:15 PM
The original Katy Sue, don't think it was her real name, was a seller of dolls house (1/12th scale) goodies. She was the one who first introduced Flowersoft. I bought a small packet for £1 at the York dolls house fair one year. I don't think she expected it to take off as it did. She wasn't on C & C at the time, well Noreen that is. Not long after she sold the business, which really only did paper crafting products, before turning to cake decorating.

I had all the Flowersof colours at one time, took up two 9 litre Really Useful Boxes, which are now down to one as I decided I didn't need all the solid colours, just the mixtures.

I can't say I will exactly miss them, cake decorating really isn't my scene. Wonder just how Hochanda are going to fit everybody in. Perhaps C & C ought to go back to basics and invite some of the smaller companies to appear.

Roz

Jacksmissis
03-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Goodness me, wonder what will haopen to Noreen? She was the 'face' of flowersoft wasn't she. Wouldn't be abit surprised if HD went over to Hochy too. And also. HD aren't doing their 'own' craft show are they? they musn't be able to finance it 'cos it would be extremely costly, its Crafting Live (Steph Weightman) now. At Donny last summer, there was no members goody bag either (we used to get a nice bag of stuff for about a fiver).

Deefersmum
03-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Perhaps C & C ought to go back to basics and invite some of the smaller companies to appear.

Roz

That's what I said in the thread 'Whose Fault is it'. There must be some smaller companies out there who have some exciting things to show us.

To a point you can understand what C&C are doing in that you need to sell a lot of £9.99 stamps when you can sell one ScanNCut for £400. Unfortunately I don't want a ScanNCut or an Accquilt (no offence Stuart - I love you).

I'd like to see some actual sewing classes with the likes of Stuart and Sara(h). They obviously know what they are talking about and don't make everything slap dash.

Having said the above, I would love the Screen Sensations (first kit).

Fenpeper
03-04-2017, 08:59 PM
I hope HD don't go to Hochanda....there's enough I have to avoid on there already! Like someone else said, it feels like crafting s going backward and becoming more old fashioned.