PDA

View Full Version : Fair Dos

PinkPig
03-04-2017, 05:58 PM
I had an email asking me to review a Hochanda purchase - it was one of the two when I paid top whack for 3-5 day delivery and didn't get it. I had ordered on the Tuesday and it didn't arrive until the Wednesday of the next week when we had already left the country to go on holiday - fortunately a neighbour took it in. In my review I praised the product but slated the delivery. This afternoon I had a phonecall from CS telling me my p&p was to be refunded. I told CS about my earlier poor courier experience and the p&p for that is being refunded too. This is very good but I will never pay for the premier delivery service from them again.

Craftysusan
03-04-2017, 06:02 PM
That's very good service from a customer service point of view. Gives you confidence in using them. I have onky ordered a coulee of things and use the standard postage. They have always arrived within a couple of days anyway so don't see the point in paying any more especially if the premium postage doesn't work.

Jacksmissis
03-04-2017, 07:23 PM
In actual fact, when I had all that trouble with them it was the delivery which at that time was the courier service by DPD. Still don't know who was at fault really but it went on for weeks but since then, they seem to have a 3 tier system they don't seem to have that problem but as in PP's case it was the courier again, or at least the system they use.

PinkPig
03-04-2017, 08:57 PM
I think it is whatever contract they have with DPD. Hochanda are a Mon -Fri op and so there is little chance that you will get 3-5 working days delivered by the weekend.DPD operate 7 days a week, I have had Sunday deliveries. It isn't worth the extra money as when something is already in the post, the post office will be keeping it moving forward whereas if the Hochanda warehouse is shut your goods aren't going to move so DPD can't deliver.