PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Bibby - oops

Deefersmum
11-04-2017, 06:48 AM
It would seem from Facebook that peeps are picking up on the fact that she's buying from China and adding a huge mark up. Perhaps it would have been better if she hadn't let everyone know about her trip to China??????

Peeps are also commenting on how old fashioned her items are.

Jacksmissis
11-04-2017, 07:58 AM
oh I say - I'm surprised its taken so long really. Thing is, even before TCC went pear shaped - although it was on the cards - there was a piccie, I think it was on Craft Buddy website of her with her suitcase saying where she'd been/or was going. China has always piled it high and sold it cheap and it only needs one or two peeps to tell someone what they've found and it soon gets around. Personally, I think Dawn would be better doing her own little shop, as she did way back.

Glingle
11-04-2017, 08:35 AM
I watched her show last night. Her new range wasn't as dated as her flowers are but it was still a vintage style that has been around for ages, nothing new to inspire you. I did think how dated the logo and packaging of her range was though!

Lioness
11-04-2017, 08:40 AM
I am sure she isn't the only one/company who purchases front China. The problem is that if you are buying in bulk you will need to pay customs and vat and delivery charges which she would need to pass on. And they can mount up as I found out when I needed to order something for a charity I help out with.

Deefersmum
11-04-2017, 09:06 AM
I am sure she isn't the only one/company who purchases front China. The problem is that if you are buying in bulk you will need to pay customs and vat and delivery charges which she would need to pass on. And they can mount up as I found out when I needed to order something for a charity I help out with.

Not talking about your charity, but as we have all found, order from China direct and cut out the middle man (with the huge mark up).

Fenpeper
11-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Hmmm, I haven't yet ordered from China direct. Is it just dies or other things as well? I would appreciate nudge in the right direction........? x

Deefersmum
11-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Hmmm, I haven't yet ordered from China direct. Is it just dies or other things as well? I would appreciate nudge in the right direction........? x

Other things as well.................

bdreish
11-04-2017, 12:25 PM

Me too please :gossip: .

pyjama princess
11-04-2017, 12:40 PM
If you go to the Diecutting section of the forum there are 2 threads:
Dies from China
New Dies from China
There's names and links to sellers and also people say what else they've bought such as rubber stamps.

Julie
11-04-2017, 02:25 PM
I have had my fill of dies from China now and moved onto embellishments.

For anyone who likes the contents of those Craft Boxes for mixed media you can pick most things up for pennies. Have to admit it is a bit laborious going through hundreds of listings and it is a bit of a punt in the dark but as I am only spending a few quid it's worth the risk.

I thought some of the products on Dawns show looked very La Blanche.

PinkPig
11-04-2017, 02:48 PM
I definitely would like Craft Box type stuff.

sam
18-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Just watching a Craft Buddy show, and Dawn is making some truly duff cards!
She must have some amazingly loyal "fans" if she can sell that dated tat.

Jacksmissis
18-04-2017, 03:29 PM
I saw a few minutes this morning when Dawn was guesting and Charlie was waxing lyrical about the 12 x glitter cards for £25 'ish' .....AND they wer a bargain apparently because they should retail at £54.............very expensive

Deefersmum
18-04-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't want to offend anyone who bought one BUT I flicked on and she was sticking these sort of gem things on to a 'canvas' surface which was in a picture frame. The whole thing looked like it was made from card - it was really naff (sorry).

Jacksmissis
18-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Yeah, the cards seem to be the same ides as the pictures Deefy - Charlie said they were 60% sold! And if you'd bought the blessed things at the right price they were just under a fiver each. Might as well 'jack it in' and go to a posh shop girls.

RozMinis
18-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Are they the cards she was flogging on TCC? Wouldn't touch 'em with a very long barge pole if they are. I'm fussy about what I send to friends (or even fiends!) family and even to the charity shop. Took some stamped, quilled, and prick & stitch cards down this morning to the fluffit/woofit shop, along with some craft 'stuff' from Christine. I'm doing another dozen or so prick and stitch cards, then maybe have a bash at some of the Hunkydory kits. Can't believe it is the 18th of April. Where does the time go?

I will have to be thinking about my C******** cards when we come back from our jollies in June. Apparently folks were asking Barry about them as early as the beginning of September last year, soooo I had better make an early start on 'em.

Roz

PinkPig
18-04-2017, 08:41 PM
I did think of you Roz when Dawn said the crystal by numbers was similar to cross stitching , only sparkly. It would not have been good for your blood pressure.

RozMinis
19-04-2017, 07:15 PM
I did think of you Roz when Dawn said the crystal by numbers was similar to cross stitching , only sparkly. It would not have been good for your blood pressure.

Ruddy good job I didn't see it then, or I would have been 220 over 120. Definitely not good for my health that!

Roz

ChelseaGirl
08-07-2017, 07:38 PM
I've dipped in and out of the channel but haven't seen a show yet with Leonie and Dawn, have I missed them?

PinkPig
08-07-2017, 08:57 PM
No, seen her with Dave and she seems to like Yiannis... She is on next Friday and Saturday with her gold/silver Christmas Treasure boxes. I know I am not supposed to :embarassed: but I enjoy watching Dawn still.

Julie
09-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Never ever heard Dawn or Leonie mention each other on air or interact on social media.

Fenpeper
09-07-2017, 08:37 PM
I like watching Dawn but I don't much like the stuff she is selling...

PinkPig
09-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Yes, that's it exactly Fenpeper, my feelings too.

Lioness
10-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Me too. I like the fact that she appears to be well prepared and always used make sure that the viewers knew exactly what they were getting for their money (some presenters seem to be more interested in doing sales updates and fawning over the products themselves). 'Beautiful', 'stunning' and 'gorgeous' are overused and don't actually describe the products they want us to buy.

Jacksmissis
10-07-2017, 03:30 PM
When she first came to Hochy she seemed to be on quite often but nowadays I don't recall many presentations. Like it or loathe it on the odd one I've seen the stuff seems to sell out quickly. Maybe its just us who find it abit fussy?

PinkPig
10-07-2017, 04:02 PM
She seems to have a One Day Special about once or twice a month. I bought the 3 pack of diamante pokey tools and I love them to bits - they are so blingy!

RozMinis
10-07-2017, 06:39 PM
The trouble is that most of us have moved on since the days of QVC, and even more recently on C & C. I thought what she brought to TCC was a bit dated, although better than most of the stuff on TCC. Can't say I have seen much of her on Hochy. One thing she did do well on TCC was the stitched cushions. At least she appeared to understand about keeping the yarn at the same tension throughout. Rosella was appalling when she was demoing them, she just didn't have a clue.

Roz