PDA

View Full Version : John Lockwood stamps

Glingle
15-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Just been looking at John's blog and he's used a new stamp set. I'm guessing the sentiment is also from the stamp...so, is it just me, or is it spelt wrong?
http://johnnextdoor.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/saturday-colouring.html

hobbit
15-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Yup. "Sieze" is spelt "Seize".

Expensive mistake (if they correct it!)

PinkPig
15-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Yes you are right - seize not sieze.

Waterlily
15-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Whoops........

Glingle
15-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Oddly enough, I was rubbish at spelling at school and regularly got 5/20 in spelling tests. In the end they gave up with me and gave me extra grammar homework instead! I still can't spell outloud eg if someone asks me how to spell something, I have to write it down first. I'm also pants at writing down words if someone spells things out to me, eg their surname. I can't remember what the sound of the letter looks like to write it down, if you see what I mean!

Sue
15-04-2017, 12:31 PM
These days it seems it's considered extremely weird to either know or care whether a word is correctly spelt. However I do care and there's no way I would buy a stamp with a spelling mistake on it.

PurplePenny
15-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Oops! Who's going to tell him?

Little Jan
15-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Shall we draw straws

NeroWolfe
15-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Glingle - you obviously remembered the mnemonic ' i before e except after c - or when I say so.............' and learnt all the exceptions! Top marks.

I can't believe no-one has pointed this out.

https://www.hochanda.com/Product/20171/Creative-Expressions-The-Language-of-Flowers-Michaelmas-Daisy-Clear-Pre-Cut-Rubber-Stamp-Set/021719

Mangakitty
15-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Haaa, I hate spelling errors, just left a comment....I can't believe no-one would check this before producing them, ridiculous!

RozMinis
15-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Well what a to do, you would think they would have learned to spell by now. Now I really have to admit at this point my spelling is rubbish................... but, I usually know when a word is wrong. I have never been able to spell out loud, even my own name, the full handle that is, Roz I can manage. :) I am ok with my laptop, though like my Kindle I have had to edificate the thing!

When I try to write a word down it could read as anything as my writing has gone to the dogs since the accident. I would probably be better writing left handed, but can't be bothered, especially as it takes longer to do. So long as it makes some sort of sense to me, it'll do. ;)

One thing I really cannot cope with is this text speak. Yes, when I have to use my mobile for texting, which isn't very often, even less since Santa brought my Kindle Fire, I write each word out in full. Well if I can't understand it, how the heck can the recipient?

Roz

ScannCutter
15-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Foil Play shoud "seize" the day with this one. Buy up the Creative Expressions oopsies stock of the stamp set and sell it for a song and, hopefully, big profit on their website in their "Adored - but slightly flawed" section.

Sue
15-04-2017, 07:36 PM
I've seen his reply and he says he can't spell. So why the hell, if you can't spell, wouldn't you check the spelling? I think it's obvious that he doesn't care/doesn't think it matters and nor does anyone else from conception to production of these stamps.

RozMinis
16-04-2017, 06:57 PM
I've seen his reply and he says he can't spell. So why the hell, if you can't spell, wouldn't you check the spelling? I think it's obvious that he doesn't care/doesn't think it matters and nor does anyone else from conception to production of these stamps.

I can't spell either, hence the use of the spill chicker!!! Unless I am having a bit of fun, the spill chicker for instance, I am mortified if a word is incorrect. So if it was something really important as in a rubber stamp, then I would go out of my way to make sure it was correct.

Many moons ago Redhotbed released a C******** kit, one of the sheets said Seasons Geetings. Nobody had noticed it at the factory, and obviously neither did Michelle Marsden, but Paul in the market did.

Roz