PDA

View Full Version : Dutch skier

PurplePenny
21-04-2017, 02:31 PM
.... looks a lot like a skater to me. Which is just as well as The Netherlands is known for ice skating not skiing.

The die is called "Elfsteden Tocht" which I looked up and it should be written "Elfstedentocht" (Eleven Cities Tour).

Interestingly, given previous speculation on here about why Hochanda broadcasts to The Netherlands, these Dutch themed dies as shown on Hochanda's website all seem to be written in Dutch, no English on them anywhere.

PinkPig
21-04-2017, 02:53 PM
I saw those - bicycle, dutch boy and girl, scene with tulips and windmill etc and realised it was all in dutch. The demonstrator did not put any wording on the cards she made.

Jacksmissis
21-04-2017, 03:02 PM
I love geography but I've been racking my brains for where the ski slopes were in Holland !!

RozMinis
21-04-2017, 06:40 PM
The dies I have been buying from Keith in the market are Dutch. Well worth it too at a fiver per set. There are at least two more I want, but won't be able to get them this week as he is on his jollies in Dublin. I don't remember him asking my permission to go! ;)

Roz

Jacksmissis
21-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Wish I'd known he was going Roz, he could have brought me some Sea Dog Rum back lol !! Can't get it here but Tesco in Ireland have it - sighs !!

RozMinis
21-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I could have given him a lovely long shopping list of stuff I would have liked him to have brought back.

Roz

PurplePenny
21-04-2017, 07:22 PM
While looking for the Dutch "skier" again I discovered that there are lots of Die-sire word dies in Dutch too.

I wonder, have CC produced Dutch dies because Hochanda is broadcasting to The Netherlands, or are they broadcasting to The Netherlands because CC has made products for the Dutch market?