PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs a Tug????

Mangakitty
09-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I like Julia Watts and I like Woodware but I was cringing when she recounted that her son had said that the "Everyone needs a Tug" sentiment on the tugboat stamp set, was Cool.
I think he was probably referring the the slang use of the word tug.

In all honesty, even with the tugboat stamp, it seems an odd phrase :heh:

Or is it just me?

Susan W
09-05-2017, 09:31 PM
I was watching that and nearly choked on my biscuit!!

Mangakitty
09-05-2017, 10:06 PM
I was the same haha, so glad it's not just me,lol.

bdreish
09-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Dont watch Hochy so missed this 'gem' of a sentiment - what a strange phrase to use :redface3: .

Deefersmum
10-05-2017, 06:03 AM
I'm not down with the kids so I'm not really aware of the slang for tug, but I'll give it an educated guess!

On the same sort of note, I can't stand any of the sentiments like 'Happy Birthday to Ewe' with the piccie of a sheep/lamb etc.

Glingle
10-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Glad it wasn't just me that was thinking that it was a bit naughty!

Lioness
10-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm not familiar with slang so looked it up. OOOPS! I recon her son has set her up ;)
To be fair, I would not have noticed other than it being a strange turn of phrase.
I am pretty sure Julia isn't aware of what it could mean.

Little Jan
10-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I have no idea what you are all on about:noidea:
I am sweet and innocent:angel:

Julie
10-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I think Julia has a bit of a wicked sense of humour. I have heard her say a few times she prefers doing it on top as she is more in control whereas Phil prefers it from behind. We are of course talking about embossing !

Deefersmum
10-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I think Julia has a bit of a wicked sense of humour. I have heard her say a few times she prefers doing it on top as she is more in control whereas Phil prefers it from behind. We are of course talking about embossing !

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww:behindsofa:

RozMinis
10-05-2017, 06:47 PM
On the same sort of note, I can't stand any of the sentiments like 'Happy Birthday to Ewe' with the piccie of a sheep/lamb etc.

I'm with you there chuck. Kwik this, that, and t'other drives me up the wall.

I am pretty dreadful at spelling, blessings on spill chickers! All those hours at school having to write out a word 20 times did not make an iota of difference. However, I really do detest all this text speak, most of which takes me so long to understand I give up. It would have been far better for the sender to have typed the entire thing in English, as even if the spelling had been a bit off, at least I could have understood it.

Roz

PurplePenny
10-05-2017, 08:21 PM
On a related note, when I first saw the "plank" stamp I thought it said "wank the plank" not "walk"!! :redface1:

richyrails
10-05-2017, 11:38 PM
I am dyslexic and have to read everything twice. Working in the rail industry was given a project about customers pulling the communication cord in the loo. Went ahead with power point presentation and was shocked to get completely kicked off project and a meeting with HR, Apparently labelling project Customer Unable Negotiate Toilet was a bad idea took 3 people to explain to me the error of my ways. So simple to get things wrong.
Admin if this has crossed the line please delete just sharing a minor career blip.

On a related note, when I first saw the "plank" stamp I thought it said "wank the plank" not "walk"!! :redface1: