PDA

View Full Version : Soup Maker

Jacksmissis
17-05-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm asking here because I know many of our members and visitors can't access The Studio, and even though IW don't technically craft, they still have this section.

Just wondered if any of you have a soup maker & do you like it? I am tinkering with the idea of one & have looked on fleabay where there seems to be quite a few for sale, new and pre-loved ! Thanks in advance.

lizcake
17-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Bought a Cookworks one from the QVC clearance shop a few years ago, I like it when I remember about it, but there were only a few recipes given with mine and I've never spent enough time with it to work out some more - should probably ask Google!

notmorecraft
17-05-2017, 06:06 PM
I have the Murphy Richards one, I love it 20-25 minutes and soup is ready, you can basically make any kind of soup in it, if you normally make soup then it's a great time saver.

Chalet School Fan
17-05-2017, 06:27 PM
I use my pressure cooker and hand-held liquidiser which works well for me!

RozMinis
17-05-2017, 08:32 PM
I have had one on my Amazon wish list for over a year. Still at the dithering stage, especially as we don't have soup very often. When we do it tends to be something different to each other. For instance I am a mushroom, tomato or beef broth fan, while 'himself' prefers chicken or mushroom.

Roz

Jacksmissis
18-05-2017, 08:58 AM
I can do it manually like yourself CSF but I cant tell you how many times its "caught" or boiled dry!!

wonky doodle
18-05-2017, 03:53 PM
As you will have gathered,love gadgets, ( my family call me the gadget queen lol), bought a soup maker a while ago, and promptly sold it, as like a sore thumb on my kitchen top, found a pan much easier to use, and clean, just trying to help with my experience x

NeroWolfe
18-05-2017, 07:29 PM
We have the Morphy Richards one which has worked well for about two years but now the connection is a bit erratic and the lid needs a d*mn good wiggle to get the light to go on. It makes lovely soup when it works!

Marilynmcl
22-05-2017, 07:21 PM
daughter bought me one a few years ago...Morph.Rich. ...and it is fandabidozy!makes any soup ..enough for two ...in under 30minutes. Lots of recipes but you can just stick any veg. in with a stock cube and voila! If you fancy a tomato soup and him indoors wants a chicken soup then make yours first then a quick rinse and then you can bung his on...chicken stock cube and some veg or what the recipe for this is...I don't eat chicken so no idea...and you both have what soup you want in under an hour!

Jacksmissis
22-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Can I ask another silly quessi pls? If you want a chunky as opposed to smooth soup, do you have to chop the veg into the little chunks or does it do it but stop before it goes smooth? (Told you it was a daft question lol !!)

Lioness
23-05-2017, 09:17 AM
I don't have a soup make nor am I in the market for one but did a quick search and spotted a morphy Richards one at Tescos and it appears to have an extra £5 off when you spend over £40 using code: TDX-GHWP (expires 6/6/17)

https://www.tesco.com/direct/morphy-richards-digital-soup-maker-with-serrator-blade-stainless-steel/613-7554.prd?skuId=613-7554&pageLevel=sku&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PX%20-%20Shopping%20GSC%20-%20Generic%20-%20Home%20Electrical&utm_term=1100610659290&utm_content=Small%20Domestic%20Appliances&gclid=CLGZ56LIhdQCFeawGwoduwQBMQ&gclsrc=ds

I have no idea if this is a good price or if this is what you may be after, but spotted the discount code.

Jacksmissis
23-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Aww thank you Lioness I'll go have a look!

Marilynmcl
23-05-2017, 10:15 AM
hi, on mine...morphy whatsit...it has two settings for soup, chunky or smooth...so you just press the setting you would prefer and it does it for you. You can use it for liquidising too handy for baby food etc. It is really quite good!

Lioness
23-05-2017, 10:16 AM
They do have other models too
The code should work for any that cost over £40 but it is worth checking prices everywhere once/if you decide what to go for.

Jacksmissis
23-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Decided I'm going to get one Lioness, the code is ok for another couple of weeks so I've kept a note of it, thanks again!

Marilynmcl, thanks for that, I had read that most of them do at least a couple of versions but one report (cant remember which brand) said she had to cut it up into the sizes she wanted which I wasn't keen on doing - might as well use the fiddly way I do it already if I do that LOL!