PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember these crafts?

Waterlily
02-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Just wondered if anyone remembers these

Scrapito
Donna's 3D
Papuela
Lace (with an accent over the e)
Sandy Art
Reflecta

I've been having a sort out in my craft room and everything came to a halt when I found these sets.

RozMinis
02-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Also remember the Sandy Art, in fact Christine gave me a couple of tubs for the charity shop a few weeks ago. I really used to like what that lady brought on C & C, she came from the Netherlands. Nigel used to drive me up the wall with his patronising attitude. I have some of the prick and stitch/decoupage booklets she brought, well some of the sheets anyway. I found I had to glue the prick and stitch part to a sheet of card as they were too thin to use with thread, at least I found them so.

I also remember the Lace (with the accent), in fact Christine also gave me some card blanks with Lace on them. Have used some to make cards for the fluffits/woofits, but still have loads left.

Roz

Deefersmum
02-06-2017, 08:45 PM
I found my Lace templates the other day and took them down the charity shop! With all of the dies available today I don't have any use for them.

I also found the templates to emboss, cut and layer - only problem being I threw away my light box - duh!

Jacksmissis
03-06-2017, 08:13 AM
I remember the lady with the Sandy Art, don't recall the others though. You could get a posh light panel for £18 from China Deefy then you'd be able to use your things? and its dimmable like the Groovi one. I've tried it - as in to see if all was ok - and it was brilliant,

Lioness
03-06-2017, 10:12 AM
... You could get a posh light panel for £18 from China Deefy then you'd be able to use your things? and its dimmable like the Groovi one. I've tried it - as in to see if all was ok - and it was brilliant,

Do you have a link or name of seller JM? Could be tempted to part with some money for one but cannot justify the Clarity price!

pyjama princess
03-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Do you have a link or name of seller JM? Could be tempted to part with some money for one but cannot justify the Clarity price!

Ditto me too Lioness. I can afford the Clarity one but for the amount of times I'd use it I wouldn't spend that amount. Come on JM - spill the beans LOL!

Jacksmissis
03-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Hang on girls I'll go and look.

Right girls, sorry it took me ages to identify it off the feedback I'd left!! If you put just "dimmable light panel" into the search box on ebay and tick the crafts section it brings a lot up and widely varying prices! They start about £15.

This is the seller I bought from on Ebay and its still there on the number 172405064291. Its gone up a couple of pounds now but it was excellent service, I ordered on the 16th Jan and it came on the 24th. If you look down the picture of the description you will see LED in fairly big letters and the "dimmable" is written under there. Hope that helps !!

Little Jan
04-06-2017, 02:00 PM
I remember those crafts Pam
Dady art and lace long before the crafty telly shows
I got mist of my crafty stuff from craft creations long before we got sky and qvc

Waterlily
04-06-2017, 02:04 PM
I've got a couple of old light boxes, one is far too big about 4 inches tall which is a pain, the other one's a lot smaller and slants slightly(I don't get rid of anything lol). Glad I read about the light boxes because I had forgotten about them will have to see if I can find them. Found the brass stencils I used with them and am dying to have a go again. Got to see if I can remember the technique.

Little Jan
04-06-2017, 02:48 PM
I have loads of metal stencils
And those cutting ones and stitching ones
Stopped using the cutting ones when my hands started playing up
But like you Pam I never throw anything away I still have one of those embossing stations
And a big light box
Pam you can run the brass stencils through any embossing machine like you do with dies
Stencil paper rubber mat
To hand emboss stencil on light box cover with vellum or lightweight card that the light shows through
And follow the design with a embossing tool
Think I might give it another go as I found it very therapeutic

Waterlily
04-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Another one is Incire (sp) I've found some metal thingies for that too.

Little Jan
04-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Give it a while Pam and the old crafts will come back in fashion
And at extortionant prices

Waterlily
04-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I have loads of metal stencils
And those cutting ones and stitching ones
Stopped using the cutting ones when my hands started playing up
But like you Pam I never throw anything away I still have one of those embossing stations
And a big light box
Pam you can run the brass stencils through any embossing machine like you do with dies
Stencil paper rubber mat
To hand emboss stencil on light box cover with vellum or lightweight card that the light shows through
And follow the design with a embossing tool
Think I might give it another go as I found it very therapeutic

Thanks Jan, I quite enjoyed doing it by hand. Didn't like using Vellum though, I destroyed too much lol. It's finding the right card though. I found a drawer full of stencils, I'm sure I used to use them a lot.
Like you I found it therapeutic.

RozMinis
04-06-2017, 06:43 PM
I too have a draw full of stencils, some are of the prick and stitch type. I even have a couple of prick and stitch that are supposed to be used in a die cutting machine. Had them years, and haven't used them since I dunno when.

In the days before Freeview, as in the days before QVC/IW/C & C, I too used to buy my goodies from Craft Creations. In those days they took forever to deliver. I have bought from them in more recent times, usually once a year or so, and their delivery is much quicker. I usually buy some goodies for myself when I buy the card blanks for 'himself'. I haven't been able to find the type he wants for framing his watercolours anywhere other than Fun2Do in Carlisle, of Craft Creations. I usually buy enough of an item to receive a discount, and for orders over £35 (I think) postage is free.

I used to have an A3 lightbox which was way too large for my table. The small one I bought originally for the metal wotsits used a sewing machine bulb, and got quite hot. Eventually I took the plunge and bought myself an LED lightbox from a company on t'Internet. The battery has long gone, but when I contacted them they said I could buy a new one, but it would require my being able to solder it in. Forget it, it works fine via the leccy, which will do very nicely for me thanks.

It cost me nearly £70, which was definitely a considered purchase. The bag that came with it was worth at least £20 I reckon, I keep all my decorative parchment thingies in the two pockets. I bought the pricking and clear embossing wotsits from Pauline Loweth. They live in the pocket that contains the lightbox itself. I think they set me back about £15, along with some extra large/thick and coloured parchment paper.

Roz

Jacksmissis
05-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Did we ever find out where Pauline Loweth is these days? I seem to remember she started to work with her family - was it her son or daughter? I know she hasn't been on tv for must be 2 or 3 years and I think someone once said her website wasn't there anymore?

Deefersmum
05-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Talking about things going back to basics, I ordered some simple flower punches from China yesterday (99p each including post!!!!!!!!!!!) as I want some simple embellishments and really can't be arsed putting dies through again and again to get a few tiny flowers.

It made me think about the drawers full of punches I have (Martha Stewart, WRMK etc) and I think I'm going to resurrect them. I even have the punches from the days of A and B on C&C that punch out a line for you to weave quilling papers through.

Waterlily
05-06-2017, 10:46 AM
I can't remember the last time I used a punch, I did like the ones for the edge of a card though. I was watching a lady on youtube yesterday showing different ways of doing bows on cards about 5 different ways I think. She was using a hole punch for a hole to put the ribbon through. Don't think I've got a punch that does a single hole. I've got a thing for eyelets so that might be OK uses a hammer though.

Does anyone remember Aribes (with an accent over the e lol) can't find them on the net but you know what my searching is like. I've found some templates? that look like pricking templates, don't think they are stitching ones as the holes are very close.

Crafterjack
05-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Give it a while Pam and the old crafts will come back in fashion
And at extortionant prices

I agree- isn't that new, very expensive Cutterpillar thingy just a glorified light box. Or am I missing something 'cos I'm blinded by the price lol

Jacqui x

Deefersmum
05-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Does anyone remember the trapeze templates and decoupage? I recently gave them to the charity shop - yet another thing I never used but QVC talked me in to buying.

I also gave them a load of the pricking/embroidery templates.

Chalet School Fan
05-06-2017, 05:33 PM
I have got lots of Nellie Snellen metal templates. I still like them but they take ages to do. When I have got time I might well get them out and play with them. They were demonstrated by a lovely lady with a broad Norfolk accent - I saw her at several craft fairs when I first began papercrafting.

Deefersmum
05-06-2017, 05:58 PM
I've got some of those too - can't remember what they're called but they have a sort of layer look?

Chalet School Fan
05-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Looked them up on the internet - they are called Scrap Magic templates.

RozMinis
05-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Did we ever find out where Pauline Loweth is these days? I seem to remember she started to work with her family - was it her son or daughter? I know she hasn't been on tv for must be 2 or 3 years and I think someone once said her website wasn't there anymore?

The website is still there, but only the intro page, each time I clicked on the link it returns to that page. I ended up on the Company House website last night and discovered that Parchment Express had been dissolved on the 14th of March this year.

Roz

RozMinis
05-06-2017, 06:43 PM
I gave most of my punches to the fluffit/woofit shop. The only ones I kept were the corner punches which I find very useful, especially on the prick & stitch cards. I have several of the Tonic ones that I bought from Dot's shop. They have removable side pieces so can be used on their own in a straight line or individually, or with the side bits on as corner punches. Very clever idea I reckon.

I do, or maybe the correct term is did, have some of the trapeze thingies. They might have made their way to the fluffit/woofit shop along with other stuff.

Roz

Deefersmum
05-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Looked them up on the internet - they are called Scrap Magic templates.

THANK YOU - that was really beginning to bug me - I might not have been able to get to sleep tonight....... Mind you I was up all night looking after a neighbour's dog so I feel like I'm upright and asleep:tired1:

Waterlily
06-06-2017, 09:52 AM
I've got a few of the Nellie Snellen ones too.

jube
06-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I have some scrap magic templates. They always looked amazing on the tv but as my cutting isn't very good my cards looked very messy.