PDA

View Full Version : Landscape cards

Jilly
02-06-2017, 10:46 PM
I know this isn't the right place to post this query but I thought it my best chance of being read. Can anyone remember being shown ages and ages ago - possibly by a demonstrator on C & C - how to stop a landscape card from sliding open? You had to cut front or back of card I seem to remember so it wouldn't fall over. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I do try not to make landscape purely for this reason! My brain is just whirring as writing this - was it something to do with making a slight slant ?

Jacksmissis
03-06-2017, 08:00 AM
I've stopped making them for exactly the same reason Jilly! I go over and over the blessed crease and still they slide flat. I used to do the family special cards as A4 size and they were ridiculous to look at in portrait mode but that's how they were mostly displayed for that very reason. Don't ever remember anyone having a solution but I hope there is one - bet someone has the answer!

Glingle
03-06-2017, 09:52 AM
I think you cut a slight sliver sloping down across the back edge, say 2mm on one side going down to the corner on the other?

ScannCutter
03-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Another idea to overcome them collapsing, especially on slippery surfaces, is to score the card on the vertical rather than on the horizontal. The card opens like a portrait one, but the layout is still landscape.

Little Jan
04-06-2017, 01:55 PM
I have never had a problem with landscape cards
When I make them,
not sure if the recipient has
I tend to use a heavier weight card for mine and make sure the fold
Is scored well

RozMinis
04-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Never had a problem either, except when I leave them on a glass surface, that can cause a problem. I wouldn't have thought many folks would put cards on a glass surface anyway. Not that I make many landscape cards for some reason, when I do they don't tend to be top heavy at the front. Come to think of it I don't do matting and layering, so none of my cards are exactly top heavy.

Roz