PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon Pens

Glingle
31-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Looks like they are the latest company to have jumped ship. There'll be nothing but Tattered Lace and its spin offs- rare earth and screen sensations etc, Hunkdory oh and of course the TODO left at this rate.

Jacksmissis
31-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Bet there won't even be that for long Glingle, with all the sales they've had this last few days for all that stuff and Kanban to. Makes you wonder how long they can last at this rate really.

sam
31-08-2017, 12:26 PM
The programme guide always seems vague for c&c too, saying papercraft deals, or jewellery sale, not giving company names. The few times that I do look at a show, they seem to keep using that Angie, or whatever her name is to promote all sorts of brands, and I find her a total turn off. They are going downhill fast, I think I only watch the Craftwork Cards shows now, used to watch docrafts with Sheila and I would like to watch the trimcraft shows as I have quite a few of their paper pads but I don't like the demonstrator, her cards aren't very good at all.

Glingle
31-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I know Angela was covering for Hobby House recently as their usual demonstrator was taken ill and hospitalised. But, yep, it seems to either be her or Dawn Wheeler for all the Papercraft shows.

PinkPig
31-08-2017, 02:36 PM
When are they on Hochanda Glingle?

Ah, just found it on tomorrow's guide.

RozMinis
31-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Don't watch the paper crafting shows anymore, don't watch much at all to be honest on either side. Watch Jane Greenoff, but I reckon I could reel off her script each time she is on. Haven't seen Phillipa with her embroidery for ages, hope she is ok, maybe on holiday. Gina B is on this Saturday, must remember to record it as I will be on my way to Morrison's when she is on.

I also watch the shows with Kerry Lord, but never buy as the wool, although lovely, is way out of my price range. I bought the first of her books via a suppler on Amazon for less than half what C & C were charging, the postage was slightly cheaper too.

Roz

Jacksmissis
31-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Here you are PinkPig:

Chameleon Pens
SHOW TIMES:
FRI 1st SEP: 10am & 4pm
SAT 2nd SEP: 3pm & 7pm
SUN 3rd SEP: 8am & 12pm

Chameleon Pens are an American based manufacturer of a new*alcohol based marker system. Easy to use and giving you total*flexibility and colour control with the power to mix and change colour in a single pen. Bring control and simplicity to your art, enabling the creation of stunning 3D effects, smooth transitions, highlights, shading, graduations and blending, with simple, affordable and unique systems designed with the user in mind... this will totally change the way you think about marker pens.

Deefersmum
31-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I know Angela was covering for Hobby House recently as their usual demonstrator was taken ill and hospitalised. But, yep, it seems to either be her or Dawn Wheeler for all the Papercraft shows.

I wondered where Debbie (?) was. Angela and Dawn are OK, but it is nice to have a change. I really miss Heidi (Craftstyle) I wonder what happened there? She was always so inventive with her cards. I would have liked to see her as one of their in house demonstrators.

Deefersmum
01-09-2017, 08:27 AM
The pens seem to be cheaper at Hixxysoft

https://hixxysoft.com/pens-pencils-inks/pens-pencils-inks/chameleon-pens.html

Lioness
01-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I don't need any more pens but I just wondered if anyone has the chameleon ones, and are they really so much better than any of the other alcohol markers around?
Being a bit of a cynic, I wonder if you can achieve the same effects using other brands just by touching two nibs together?

RozMinis
01-09-2017, 06:45 PM
I don't need any more pens but I just wondered if anyone has the chameleon ones, and are they really so much better than any of the other alcohol markers around?
Being a bit of a cynic, I wonder if you can achieve the same effects using other brands just by touching two nibs together?

The lady who used to demo the Kuretake pens did that. I haven't tried it with my Promarker's, but I should imagine one could get the same effect. well a similar one anyway.

Not in the least bit surprised if they are cheaper from Hixysoft Deefy, or anywhere else for that matter. Never seen a company as expensive as Hochanda on such a regular basis, not even C & C are that bad. I've had a few Jane Greenoff bargains from C & C, and at least one Bucilla kit, not to mention those goodies from the clearance section. I bought my Bucilla kit when it was free postage, well impressed. ;)

Roz

alan1302
02-09-2017, 09:28 PM

The pens are fine but blending colours is harder than standard alcohol pens as you have to judge when the colour is going to start fading and so you end up just blending as you would with any other pen - and yes, you can use normal pens in the same way. The blending solution is just alcohol that thins the ink down for a bit.

Glingle
03-09-2017, 09:55 AM
I like the concept of having less pens to lug about and store, but not the fact that to me, the blending and therefore colour change is unpredictable. I can see that I would waste a lot of ink, trying to get the blend to the right colour for the right area.

Lioness
03-09-2017, 01:37 PM
When the chameleon pens were first launched their sales pitch was that you only needed that one set to produce all the colours you will ever need. I don't remember exactly how many pens were in the first set - think there were about 20, but that really is a guess
I notice that now they have about 150 colours so whatever was said at launch of the product no longer matters as they have realised that they can make more money by creating more colours.

PinkPig
03-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Anna Griffin demonstrates these pens on HSN.