PDA

View Full Version : September C******** ornaments

RozMinis
26-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Been a tad bizzy this month with one thing and another, including holidays, so have been a bit tardy with the cross stitching. No matter I have managed to finish my September just Cross Stitch Challenge ornie, the candy cane horse. Also managed one of my many Mill Hill kits. Christine informed me today that there are some new Mill Hill kits out, and some new DMC threads. Oooo such nawtiness. I even threatened to move tables, but no doubt I will succumb.

Roz

Little Jan
26-09-2017, 08:34 PM
They are lovely
Well done

Jacksmissis
27-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Aw they are lovely Roz, thanks for sharing

jube
27-09-2017, 12:48 PM
They are beautiful.

Waterlily
27-09-2017, 02:35 PM
They are lovely.

Chalet School Fan
27-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Lovely work. I think the Carol singers are beautiful - I love the colours.

RozMinis
27-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Love the carol singers myself. Pretty sure I bought them at Harrogate last year.

Been very nawty (again) and ordered the box of the the new 35 DMC threads. They aren't in stock yet, but at least they are on order, and I know they will come eventually. I also ordered the three renaissance Santa's, well it would have been rude not to. I was s'posed to have bought them last time, but ended up with the three kings instead. Honestly, by the time I have finished all the Mill Hill kits, and an ornament a month in the Just Cross Stitch Challenge, my trees are going to be falling over. I really do need a lottery win so we can have a larger bungalow, preferably with a nice conservatory so I can have a much bigger tree. ;)

Just checked, it hasn't happened tonight. Don't think we managed even one Thunderball number. :( Oh well, back to the drawing board. ;)

Roz

lovepaperstroking2
28-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Love them all..

Princess4Wiz
28-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Beautiful Roz! I envy your talent!

RozMinis
29-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Thanks P4W, but cross stitching really is very easy, especially the Mill Hill kits as everything is provided, including the needles for the stitching and the beadwork. The only think that isn't included is the scissors for cutting the threads and paper, and the backing. Not that the backing is essential. The destructions are excellent too.

I find it easier to sort all the beads into individual plastic bags, I also use a thread holder with the number and symbol for all the threads. That is just my way, especially as when I have finished a kit I keep all my spare beads in numbered bags for future use. They are always generous with the beads, in fact most have enough to rework the kit, well except for the odd charm. They are not 'that' generous!

Roz