PDA

View Full Version : October 2017 ATC Swap Theme

pyjama princess
30-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I've cheated this month! It was my turn to pick a theme for the other ATC swap I'm in so I'm using the same one for our swap - cheeky I know!

So October's theme is..................Autumn Charm.
What do you love about Autumn? What things are only around at this time of year? Is Autumn your favourite season?

Get your thinking caps on but more importantly have fun!

As usual if anyone wants to join our little group you'll be very welcome. Never made ATCs before? Use this as your opportunity to give it a go. There's no commitment - if you take part this month but don't enjoy it you need never join in again. Most of the group had never made ATCs before joining us. It took me several years before I actually 'enjoyed' making ATCs. I took part in another group simply because a very dear friend was the organiser and there were so few swappers there was a risk the swap would close. Now I belong to 2 groups! Sometimes I enjoy it more than others - it depends on the theme! But you can't go wrong as the theme is down to your interpretation.

FAO Fellow Swappers -if you're still reading this LOL!
I'm really struggling to find themes for the swap.
In my other group we tend to have themes that are quite narrow/restricted i.e. Lighthouses, Fairies, Jurassic Park, Paddle Steamer. And if we haven't anything in our stash to cover it we turn to the internet and print off pictures.
But this group is more 'arty' and more open themes seem to be better received. But that makes it harder to come up with themes. Is there a theme you would like to see? If so PM me and I'll give it serious consideration. Please don't post suggestions in this thread. Thanks in advance.

PinkPig
01-10-2017, 11:50 AM
I think you have had some excellent themes- when I joined a couple of months ago I wasn’t sure what it entailed so I looked back at all the photos of previous swaps and it really helped.

I am in this month again please.

Victoria
01-10-2017, 11:55 AM
I'll join. Thank you.

pyjama princess
01-10-2017, 01:19 PM
WOW! I've had a great response to themes already - thank you all so much. I haven't had time to read through them but will print them off and go through my book of the themes we've already had and keep the lists in there ready for each new month.

Glingle
01-10-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm in too please x

EssexAnne
02-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Me too this month please!

pyjama princess
13-10-2017, 09:36 AM
The first set of ATCs are ready for this month's swap - they're mine!!!! Can't believe I've managed to get them done so early but as I pinched the theme from the other swap I'm in I did the 2 sets at the same time. The other swap has an earlier closing date than ours, 22nd of the month.

PinkPig
13-10-2017, 09:53 AM
I have finished mine and will be putting them in the post later - we are off to sunnier climes on Tuesday.

Mitzi
16-10-2017, 10:25 AM
I have finished mine and will be putting them in the post later - we are off to sunnier climes on Tuesday.

Ooh, lucky you. Enjoy!

Mitzi
16-10-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm not able to join in this month; sorry. I'm struggling to find time to do any crafting, and I really must catch up on the birthday swap cards.

pyjama princess
16-10-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm not able to join in this month; sorry. I'm struggling to find time to do any crafting, and I really must catch up on the birthday swap cards.

That's understandable Mitzi. As I've said many times there's no obligation to join the ATC swap every month - you can just dip in and out as you are able to. Try not to stress over the birthday swap cards - everyone will understand - hugs.

The ATCs arrived on Saturday PP - thanks for finding time to do them. Have a great holiday and finding somewhere sunnier than here isn't too difficult at the moment LOL!

pyjama princess
18-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Victoria your ATCs arrived today - thanks for joining in again.

Glingle
19-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Not finished mine yet. I'm off to the Indigoblu retreat that starts tomorrow so will get them finished when I get back on Monday.

Little Jan
19-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Not finished mine yet. I'm off to the Indigoblu retreat that starts tomorrow so will get them finished when I get back on Monday.

Have fun Glingle

EssexAnne
19-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Hope you enjoy the workshops

Glingle
20-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Had a good session today - painted a face using a new face stencil coming soon, will share with you soon. Alex from Hochanda was attending the workshop too, she looks exactly as she does on the telly. Didn't get a chance to talk to her lots today, but she is lovely and was really getting stuck into the project.

PinkPig
20-10-2017, 07:02 PM
That’s interesting, she talks about crafting but you are never sure if they do craft in reality. She is a gorgeous looking lady.

Susan W
21-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I will post mine on Monday Pamela, hope I'm not too late.

pyjama princess
24-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Two sets of ATCs arrived today - Essex Anne and Susan W. Thanks both for joining in.

Glingle - are yours on the way to me in the post?

I'd like to try and get the swap done before the end of the week. It's my birthday on Sunday and I want to be able to spend the whole day with hubby. Last year for my 60th he was so ill. He managed to sit downstairs with me for a short while but fell asleep so I made him go back to bed. A memorable birthday for all the wrong reasons.

PinkPig
24-10-2017, 10:25 AM
I hope it is a birthday to remember for the right reasons this year Pyjama Princess.

Jacksmissis
24-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Hear Hear PJP !!

Glingle
24-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Sorry, I'd intended to get them done yesterday, but was so exhausted after the retreat that I haven't managed to finish them yet. It's probably best if you go ahead with the swap without me so that you can enjoy your birthday celebrations and I'll try to do better next time x

pyjama princess
24-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I'd intended to get them done yesterday, but was so exhausted after the retreat that I haven't managed to finish them yet. It's probably best if you go ahead with the swap without me so that you can enjoy your birthday celebrations and I'll try to do better next time x

Thanks Glingle. I really hate leaving people out of the swap as there's not many of us as it is.
Hubby feels that he's responsible for me missing out on so many things over the last year. I keep telling him that I don't mind - I nearly lost him, twice, so I'm just glad to have him still here. He's still not feeling too well but that's due to both his shoulders being almost frozen. He's going to physio sessions every week and has to do exercises at home but he's in so much pain he struggles to do them completely. We haven't made any plans for Sunday - we have to take each day as it comes depending how he feels but at least we'll get to spend the day together (except for when he has his nap).

Glingle
25-10-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your Hubby is struggling at the moment, having both shoulders frozen must be so painful and frustrating for him. I totally understand that you're just glad that he is still with you. I guess his frustration and feeling that he is making you miss out is all part of him coming to terms with his illness. I hope you both have a lovely relaxing weekend x