PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck on my latest cross stitch!!!!

Waterlily
15-10-2017, 02:07 PM
It's a Pako one - no title but it's dress through the ages.

It's In 12 sections and quite large. Each section has a title ie Late Gotiek 1450 and there are translations for the English versions on another sheet of paper. I'm finding them very hard to centre - one in particular Spaanse Heerschappy 1550 - 1600 translates to Spanish Rule 1550 - 1600. The letters aren't consistent on all the 12 charts ie this one is very squashed up lol. I would do the new title all squashed up but can't fathom out how to do the 'U' to make it look right lol. When I do it stretched out it doesn't fit well. I'm mumbling but it's driving me round the bend as it's the last step and it'll be finished.

Lioness
15-10-2017, 03:53 PM
I've just spotted a picture which you can enlarge on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pako-Cross-Stitch-Sampler-Kit-Historical-Dress-From-1450-1909-/281856182781

I think it has been squashed as there are so many letters to fit in
Have you tried to replicate the U as in Haute couture (bottom left of piccie)?

But Spanish Rule is shorter than Spaanse Heerschappy, so I would ignore the Spaanse Heerschappy and try to fit in the letters using some of the other examples on the design.
Impressionisme also appears to be slightly squashed to accommodate the letters. Maybe use that as a guide?

Sorry this probably isn't helpful, especially if something is bugging you as it does not look right (to you)
Congratualtions on almost completing a masterpiece. Takes some patience!

Waterlily
15-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Thank you Lioness, that's the picture that came with the kit, it's fairly large but the script is in a foreign language, they give you a translation in the instructions but don't tell you where to start the script on each bit. I'll probably get it if I sit down and think about it but ....... lol. I've already tried 3 different ways and have had to undo it. I think my brain is on a go slow lol. I did try that 'U' but it looked really odd - too big with the other squashed up letters. I did try the Spanish Rule 1550-1600 with the larger (not squashed up letters) but it wouldn't quite fit.

RozMinis
15-10-2017, 08:01 PM
I haven't done the piccy myself, though did consider it once, along with Henry and his assorted what have you's. You could try working a half stitch for the bottom of the letter U, much easier done on evenweave or linen than on Aida of course.

Roz

Jacksmissis
16-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Glad theres some of you who know what poor Pam's on about - its all double dutch to me but I hope you've fathomed it all out flower!

notmorecraft
16-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Can you use the U from the 'haute couture? Beautiful kit x

Waterlily
16-10-2017, 12:08 PM
lol JM I thought what I'd written was double Dutch too, funnily enough I think Pako is Dutch so it might be appropriate lol.

Thanks everyone. I decided to just put 1550 on and leave -1600 out. Some of the others are like that so it won't look too odd.

Just got 2 more to do but we are shopping later so don't know if I'll finish it today.

Lioness
16-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Good idea Waterlily. It won't be wrong and will still look amazing :)