PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Bibby Designs

Shelley
14-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone,
Hope you are all keeping well.
It’s a while since I last posted, or did any crafting.
I switched on to Hochanda to see what DB was up to these days, and I just cannot believe that she has not moved on at all with her card designs, or her own floral designs/artwork, (which are exactly the same as the ones she did years ago on QVC). Her cards are soooo over done. She just doesn’t seem to know when to stop.
I know some people will love her OTT card designs, so apologies if I have upset anyone. Just not my taste at all these days.
BTW does she still moan about her health and not being able to get a suntan?
I am also shocked at how much weight Dave Bradford has lost. Hope he is well.

Little Jan
14-11-2017, 01:23 PM
I agree her designs and style are just the same as they have always been
One of the reasons I have stopped watching shopping channels as they seem to roll out the same stuff or inundate us with
With the same few brands
So can’t comment on Dave Bradford

Glingle
14-11-2017, 01:39 PM
I do find her designs and even her branding to be very dated, but it must sell. Dave has commented previously that he was been trying to get fitter and lose weight, wish I could do the same!

notmorecraft
14-11-2017, 02:54 PM
She was at the SECC in aglasgow and her stand looked like one from 10-15 years ago, full of peel offs and flowery bits , deffo not my cup of tea.

Deefersmum
14-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Not for moi I'm afraid - far too frilly and glittery (I'm sure most of it comes from China so she must be making a killing).

I can understand that Dave wants to lose weight and feel fitter, but he is beginning to look rather ill.

Jacksmissis
14-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Just after the NEC, Dawn did say how tired she was with going to China and ???, and then the NEC and of course 'there' (Hochy) all in a short time.............

Agree with you about Davey B Deefy - I thought the same, he's beginning to look poorly to me to.

RozMinis
14-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I agree, can't be doing with her stuff, but then I never was a great fan of what she did compared to what else used to be available. I s'pose in her QVC days what she produced tended to be the same sort of stuff because she was only on once a week or so, but it really is high time she moved on.

As for Dave, about three weeks ago I thought he looked really good, but like the rest of you I think he may have gone a bit OTT. Being a bloke he has probably managed to lose it quicker than us gals because he probably hasn't been on the yo-yo diet for the last squillion years. I know I have been on one since I was about 15. I did manage to lose a great deal way back in the 1980's, but the last three stone came off when I was rather ill with my gall bladder, so I didn't really train my body on what it should/shouldn't eat. The hospital didn't help by feeding me stuff like fish and chips either, they were not big on healthy eating in those days. Over the last three years or so I have trained my stomach so that there is a limit to how much I can stuff in my beak. All I had to do then was train my brain into working out what was a healthy(ish) alternative. It does appear to be working, although a bit erratic over a month.

I do hope Dave doesn't lose any more weight though, maybe a spot of weight training to build up his muscles a bit.

Roz

Mitzi
15-11-2017, 08:17 AM
I couldn't agree more about Dawn Bibby, she is completely stuck in a time warp. I think back in the QVC days, a lot of the creativity came from Leonie.

lovepaperstroking2
15-11-2017, 08:46 AM
I have never liked watching Dawn Bibby and think her stuff is and always has been pretty boring.I agree about Dave being too thin though and Hubby was channel hopping the other day and even he commented on him not looking too good.

pyjama princess
15-11-2017, 08:48 AM
I couldn't agree more about Dawn Bibby, she is completely stuck in a time warp. I think back in the QVC days, a lot of the creativity came from Leonie.

Paula Pauscall was also on Dawn's team.

Mitzi
15-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Paula Pascual was also on Dawn's team.

I didn't know that. Paula is brilliant.

Glingle
15-11-2017, 10:58 AM
I has the last chance show with her on in the background yesterday whilst I was seeing. Fair dos to her she knew exactly what was in each item and what had sold out. Makes a change to see that level of professionalism.