PDA

View Full Version : Closure of the ATC swap

pyjama princess
13-06-2018, 12:05 PM
By now I hope all of the current swappers have had my letter so this thread hasn't come as a surprise to you.
After an amazing 5 years I'm no longer able to continue organising the ATC swap. When I took it over from Lorraine I never imagined that I'd still be doing it 5 years later. Over time the swappers have changed, we've lost some along the way but continued to pick up new swappers to enable us to carry on. I looked back through my notebook and Little Jan and Victoria have been swapping for almost the whole 5 years! Well done both of you. Several of our current group had never made ATCs before joining this one but you'd never guess it from your ATCs.
I'm more than happy for someone to take over organising the swap - in fact it would be a shame if it didn't continue on. And you never know I may feel up to joining in sometimes.
I'm sorry that I've had to do this but you know my reason - I'd give anything for things to be different.

Thank you all for supporting the swap, without you there wouldn't have been one.

Julie
13-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Pamela, I am so sorry you are no longer in a position to run the swap but would like to thank you for your contribution in keeping the forum ticking over by means of your swap. Sending you kind wishes and a gentle hug.

Sorry if all that sounds like a speech but wasn't sure what to say.

PinkPig
13-06-2018, 09:53 PM
I echo what Julie said. As a newbie to ATCs your support was fabulous thank you PJP. Best wishes to you and yours.

Little Jan
14-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Pamela
Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into keeping the swap going over the last five years
It has been great fun joining in and receiving lovely ATC,s
Sending you a big hug from little me :grouphug:

Susan W
14-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Thank you Pamela for all the time you have put in, I really enjoyed doing the few I managed. Unfortunately my health hasn't been the best for a while and crafting has had to be put on hold, otherwise I'd have joined in more.
Sending hugs
Susan x

PinkPig
15-06-2018, 06:23 PM
As the newest ATCer I do not want to seem presumptious but if none of you who have been swapping since the beginning of PJP’s ATC monthly swap want to take on running it I have time to do it - but I would be delighted if any of you long term swappers is willing to do so. I do not want to offend anyone. PJP has turned me in to an ATC devotee.

Little Jan
15-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Would be lovely if someone took over the ATC swap

Unfortunately I would not have time myself
Due to running the Birthdsy monthly and one off swaps
Which started out as a temporary stop gap
When other members could no longer run them
The original monthly swap started pre 2005 over on the sister site
And I can well remember my nervous first attempt
The birthday swap soon followed
Then valentines ,Easter ,Christmas in July ,Halloween
The five card Christmas swap
And a few others that I can’t remember
I think it was around 2008 we got this site
And it was so buzy if you missed logging in for a day or two
It took a day to catch up on the posts
Sadly I think there is just a handful of the original members now
But we still have lovely newer members

Victoria
16-06-2018, 01:02 AM
I would be very grateful if you took it over PinkPig. It would be a shame for it to come to a stop. I originally joined the forum having googled something like ‘card swaps’ - it wasn’t because of shopping tv at all, and it still isn’t really. My first swap was in Jan 2010 and I miss the times when we had lots of members taking part in so many swaps and having the opportunity to see photos of so many lovely creations. There were very few in the last Christmas swap, to think that we used to have a 5 card Christmas swap at one time!
Having said all of that, the Forum is a friendlier place these days which is more important.