PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Fair

Chalet School Fan
25-11-2018, 06:59 PM
We had our Christmas Fair at church yesterday and I had a stall selling my various creations. The elves sold well again - this year I packaged them as single elves (£5) or the complete elf experience which included an elf door, elf stationery and door hangers (£10). They all sold and I had orders for particular colours as well.
The mermaid and unicorn door hangers were popular, but I only sold a few screen printed bags. However, they weren't particularly Christmassy so I'll sell them at the Spring coffee morning along with cards. Likewise the tooth fairy bags and certificates as no-one seemed to have children or grandchildren of the right age or already had one!
I raised over £200, which was I was pleased about as it was more than the other craft type stalls.
Hope the pictures of my goodies come out!

tricia
25-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Well done at raising £200. Love what you had on your stall.

Lioness
25-11-2018, 10:16 PM
well done on raising so much money.
For some reason I cannot open the photos - would love to have seen your elves, they sound really cute

Julie
25-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Well done from me too. I can never open thumbnails now, been that way for a few months.

Waterlily
26-11-2018, 09:29 AM
And from me.

I'm the same as Julie and can't open the thumbnails anymore.

Little Jan
26-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Well done from me too. I can never open thumbnails now, been that way for a few months.

Thumbnails don’t work for me either

Little Jan
26-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Well done of raising £200
I might give a stall ago next year
I tried to sell cards before but people wanted them for pennies
But it seems where we live now they appreciate hand made crafts more ,my neighbour ordered a few this year
She is making christmas wreaths to sell at £39.99 For what you get I think they are well over priced
But she has had orders galore but then again people here do support each other and for many money is no object
She has a stall at a Christmas market and said she would take some cards for me but with all that is going on I don’t have time this year
Will take a look at what others make and at what price
So I can gage if it’s worth while next year

Chalet School Fan
26-11-2018, 06:41 PM
It helps that I am raising money for the church, rather than to fund my crafting. And I'm the Vicar's wife! But people do like the things I make and I get orders for specific items. Cards don't sell well at Christmas because postage is too expensive. I charge £1.50 for birthday cards, but I keep Christmas cards simple and sell them for 50p. However several people have given me more than that because they appreciate my hard work!

Victoria
26-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Well done, your creations look lovely.

RozMinis
27-11-2018, 06:38 PM
They look lovely CSF, though for some mysterious reason, I too can't open the files. :( used to be able to, so I dunno why I can't now.

Me, Christine and Jill have made 350 Christmas cards this year, which the fluffit/woofit shop sell at £1 each. I've also donated quite a few knitted items for the Christmas do next month. I had intended making more of the purses and tissue thingies, but that hasn't happened. I really could do with not having to go to bed, that way I might achieve more!

Roz

Chalet School Fan
27-11-2018, 08:41 PM

Thought I'd try a different way of uploading the picture! But it doesn't seem to work either!!!!

Lioness
28-11-2018, 08:08 AM
I have sent a pm to Graham regarding the thumbnails. Hopefully it's something he can easily fix.

Deefersmum
28-11-2018, 05:56 PM
I tried to start a thread last night with piccies of my fosters (as requested) and couldn't - sorry folks.