PDA

View Full Version : Attn Sugarplum

Phree
19-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi sugarplum - despite the fact I have a Robo, I have never spent the time on it to master the machine - yes shame on me I know!

Anyhow one tip I do know is that the Robo will cut thru a lot thicker card that you think. To do that you copy and paste the cut line. That's all - don't MOVE the "paste" and what happens is the Robo cuts twice in EXACTLY the same place. I beleive you can even go for a 3rd cut for really heavy card stock.

sugarplum
19-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Yep tried that at times sometimes it works but sometimes it slips just by a millimetre or so but enough to ruin it (wasted plenty card finding that one out!) I think it also depends on what design you are cutting cos it tends to slip on the intricate stuff . I have knd of fallen out of love with my robo I am not good at reading instructions and and not particularly techie, (as You well know Phree ,lol) and I just find it more bother than its worth at times. With hindsight I would have probably been better with a cricut.I wish there was somewhere local that did Robo classes as it is a great machine if you can get to grips with it but I cant manage a trip to wrexham where Graphtec hold classes