PDA

View Full Version : Capped postage lie

Shepherdess
01-04-2019, 12:32 PM
I placed an order with C&C a little while ago, bought some reduced price Fleurs dies and a couple of Pollyanna Pickering items, got charged £9.98 postage, still placed the order because the Fleurs dies had big reduction and thought they might sell out if I sorted the postage first. After placing the order I went on live chat, firstly got told the postage was because items I had bought were from an international company, (aren't Fleurs (tattered lace) and Pollyanna both UK companies?), told live chat she was talking rubbish, she then said it was because the items were either heavy or expensive, when I told her this was also rubbish she then came back with, the Fleurs items get sent from C&C and the Pollyanna items come direct from the supplier and therefore capped postage doesn't apply. I have never heard them say there is capped postage as long as everything you buy comes from our warehouse and actually told her that what the presenters say about postage is false advertising if there are exceptions and they don't mention that, after saying that she is refunding the £2.99 overcharged.

Has anyone else been told about the exceptions or is that rubbish as well?

Mitzi
01-04-2019, 01:34 PM
I know that if you order foreign stuff (used to be flagged as Craft Universe or some such although I don't think it came from outer space - although you wonder sometimes) then you have to pay extra postage. The excuses you were given sound like a crock of sh** though.

Little Jan
01-04-2019, 02:28 PM
I think that if you are going to have to pay extra for items from the supplier
then it should tell you under the products
But at least they offer a capped postage
Hubby always watches selly telly weekends
And the price qvc charge for one small item is a joke

RozMinis
01-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Over the years C & C have told a lot of fibs when it comes to capped postage. Not that I personally have had any problems, but then I don't buy that much. Still surprised at the £3 capped postage being applied to the club gift when it was the parchment tools. Not complaining you understand, just amazed that they honoured it.

Roz

lynnieb
04-04-2019, 08:45 PM
Same happened to me. I was going to complain, but was ill and then forgot. That is why I buy more from HOCHY; at least postage is free

RozMinis
05-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Same happened to me. I was going to complain, but was ill and then forgot. That is why I buy more from HOCHY; at least postage is free

Not really free Lynnie as you have to cough up nearly £8 a month. Fine if you buy loads of stuff, but at Hochy's prices, even if the postage was totally free, it would put me off buying. most of the items they sell can be bought cheaper elsewhere, and often with free postage.

Roz

lthoel2
07-04-2019, 01:50 PM
I’ve had the same problem this morning (again). I have been charged £11.96. Spoke to online chat and was also told that the items would be delivered from different places but as a goodwill gesture would put a £5 voucher into my account. Which she did but not happy that I’ve got to order again to use the voucher. Just sent an e-mail off, will see what they have to say.