PDA

View Full Version : Sizzix Cutting Tip

CraftyRich
31-05-2009, 10:28 AM
A recurring question from some of our customers relates to dies apparently not cutting properly. We have exchanged a number of dies over the years and when tested have yet to find one that was faulty. Invariably it is the cutting mat, machine, cardstock or technique that is the problem.

I thought it might be useful to post one of Susan’s recent replies to one of our customers:

“Hi Valerie. The Happy Birthday #3 is a bit fiddly and I always regret not using adhesive backed cardstock! But it does give a beautiful die cut. Your problem could be that your cutting mats are used so slightly warped (I use mine until they break, very scary as they creak & crack) this stops the middle area being cut, you could try using a clear(ish) part of the cutting pads at the ends and see if you have any success there or, something I have to do on a few of mine as my pads are warped is to use a Shim - just use a piece of paper the size or larger than the die underneath it, this raises the die a fraction and the blade can then cut through. I use the Wedding Day Phrase die so much that I have to double the piece of paper (Shim) but it still gives the proper cut in the end. Give this a go and let us know how you get on. Best Wishes & Happy Crafting. Susan”

I hope that is useful to someone.

fabyon
31-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the tip Rich. I haven't had that problem.....yet but it's nice to know that it's a plate problem and not the die-cuts playing up.