PDA

View Full Version : wedding book

ellyp49
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
hi all,

Am new to the forum, an avid crafter both card making and parchment plus scrapbooking....not enough hours in the day!! I would welcome any ideas for a wedding card/book I've been asked to make...it's for a friends daughter. I make mini books all the time, but she wants a card with differing layers, incorporating photos of the couple as kiddies plus the usual wedding trimmings. All ideas would be most welcome!!...thanks in advance.

LorraineJ
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
You could make a squash book, an origami book, 5 sided star card or can't remember what they are called but you end up with four quarters made up into a book, that folds flat (Anna Fran showed us the idea, so I am hoping she will leap in and help - hint).

ellyp49
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
wow thanks for the quick reply!...have tried a few folds but keep getting in a muddle..lol
I saw something similar to what I'm after on create and craft with michelle marsden, but she didn't demo this particular one that caught my eye..spent ages on the net looking for any vids from her with demos but no luck as yet....well will keep experimenting..the star book looks great but was thinking more of a multi layered card in a box...anyway, thanks again lorraine....:o)

Jeanette
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Some great ideas there from Lorraine. Some others ideas to think about are either a word book or maybe a paper bag album (http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1561)like I made

ellyp49
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
hi jeanette,
your book is beautiful!...and yes a great idea ...have been thinking on the 'book' line, as just treated myself to the 'bind it all', so if I can't figure out a way to do more of a conventional type card...am going to make the book. Thanks so much for your help. :o)

LorraineJ
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Forgot to say welcome to the forum.

For a better idea of what an origami book is like, my blog of the dragon card shows you what a 6 x 6 is like and they are great fun to make.