PDA

View Full Version : CRAFT POTD - 28th July

barney
25-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Sure there is another Michele Marsden POTD on 28th July.

Jeanette
25-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh no, not another one!!!!

crafty anne
25-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh no, not another one!!!!

I know it just makes me cringe! At least her husband is much better than her. Does he work for Red Hot Bed now as well?

Rainbowwand
25-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Again!!!! hasnt she just had one with the CD's :confused:

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
25-07-2008, 07:48 PM
another one already

Wellington
25-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Yup - just checked her site & there it is in black & white - actually, red & white to be more accurate.

Presumably more hot foiling etc...

LoobyLou
27-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Good lord, enough already!

Am sick to death of the same ole, same ole, style of crafting on IW/CAC. CAC is a good name for their products actually, if you assume the K is not only silent but missing!

CDroms, most notably the ruddy MCS rubbish, countless of those kits that leave nothing to the imagination, albeit very pretty, you know the everday teddy one types, decoupage done to ruddy death and all the other tat they keep repeating ad infinitum.

Come on CAC get your act together and bring us something truly innovative and NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

LL

mrsjovi
27-07-2008, 08:30 AM
LoubyLou I agree. I am a huge fan of Michele Marsden's products but I am getting a bit fed up with them now, perhaps because I've bought so many and still have over 100 waterfall cards and another 50 Christmas cards to make - and that's just for starters :D

I know what you mean about the decoupage cards too. I bought the two bear necessity kits last year and they are lovely but most of the PODs now seem to be that same style of kit now and I too want something new and different.

Marzipan
27-07-2008, 08:06 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz not another one!!!

Jeanette
28-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Create and Craft Reflections Decoupage Kit

Item Code: 137333

Oh YUCK!

Rentochops
28-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm sure Mr Dufex might have something to say about this!

Wellington
28-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Nah - it's not really engraved, it's just sort of mirri decoup...I may poss like it, but I'm not sure, haven't had a decent enough look...

Rentochops
28-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Nah - it's not really engraved, it's just sort of mirri decoup...I may poss like it, but I'm not sure, haven't had a decent enough look...

It's like second class Dufex!

Jeanette
28-07-2008, 08:15 PM

Its not that good ROC :rolleyes:

Wellington
28-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Its not that good ROC :rolleyes:

LOL Ladies

You want to talk 2nd class dufex, you should see the sticker kit I got from QVC ages back :)

This POTD - sorry 4DD - is just mirrored decoup

Wellington
28-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hang on -2nd class glimmer mists!! :eek:

Jeanette
28-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Hang on -2nd class glimmer mists!! :eek:

Gotta see those :eek:

Wellington
28-07-2008, 08:31 PM
There are a couple of items listed on the website that I'd like a good look at.

I like the new exploding boxes, but I ain't paying that much for them - I'll wait to see if they come up as an Extravaganza :D

Don't like this floral embossed card as much as the vines design

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
28-07-2008, 08:32 PM
decoupage how boring

Wellington
28-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Ay up - Malcolm's off :rolleyes:

Rentochops
29-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Ay up - Malcolm's off :rolleyes:

Poor Malcolm he looks embarrassed to be sticking thinks together! I'm not sure that their in jokes make for good TV:confused:

nicecupoftea
29-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I caught a glimpse of the Christmas kit last night and thought, 'that's awful'. Then I saw the floral option...

crafty anne
29-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm so pleased I don't like it. I always think that the Red Hot Bed stuff looks like Marsden has cut up her old Christmas and Birthday cards and stuck them on a piece of card, only this time she's done it with hot foiling. It does look like a cheap and nasty version of Dufex.

Dips
29-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I thought the kits were absolutely awful, like some cheap made-in-Taiwan rip-off of Dufex. I've never been that keen on Dufex but even I can see that Dufex is a far, far superior product. I actually thought some of the decoupaged faces were quite scary, like something out of a Tim Burton movie!

Wellington
29-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Poor Malcolm he looks embarrassed to be sticking thinks together! I'm not sure that their in jokes make for good TV:confused:

He wasn't so much doing in jokes as massive double entendres! Steph nearly had a fit...

I may poss like it, but I'm not sure, haven't had a decent enough look...

I had a better look - I don't like it after all...phew! I don't find it abohorent, I just don't particularly like the designs

Rainbowwand
29-07-2008, 10:05 AM
is this dross really selling that well that they keep bringing back more of the same? IW/CC is fast becoming nothing but cheap and nasty craft products, goodness knows what the "decent crafter sellers" are thinking, i can see them jumping ship pretty sharpish if this keeps up, buyers wanting something decent are soon going to stop watching and the "decent" stuff that is shown wont have an audience any longer!

crafty anne
29-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Just had another look, it really is dross (that's a very good word for it :) )

Chess
29-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I remember a while back at a craft exhibition talking to one of their guest presenters and her telling me how badly she and some other guest presenters were treated after Alan and Barry left: when you think of the rapidly diminishing list of guests I reckon there must have been something in it. They're treated so rudely, too, that I'm surprised that they keep coming back for more. After all, why should someone like Glenda Waterworth need the likes of Nigel May to explain what she (or rather 'we', as he keeps saying) had done to create a card - this from the craft expert who by his own admission doesn't know what an A6 card is?! And you can hardly blame the guests from abroad who used to appear regularly for not being desperate to fly in from America, Holland etc to be treated that way - or to have to stand for 49 minutes listening to Stephanie Weightman wittering for Britain as she did with Robert Addam a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry, but I hate what's happening to craft on this channel - and having watched one or two shows from C&C recently, I'm not sure but what the hard sell is creeping in more to their shows as well. That would be a great pity.

lilac froggy Jan
29-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I like Michele too, but this potd looks so cheap and tacky.

Rainbowwand
29-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I remember a while back at a craft exhibition talking to one of their guest presenters and her telling me how badly she and some other guest presenters were treated after Alan and Barry left: when you think of the rapidly diminishing list of guests I reckon there must have been something in it. They're treated so rudely, too, that I'm surprised that they keep coming back for more. After all, why should someone like Glenda Waterworth need the likes of Nigel May to explain what she (or rather 'we', as he keeps saying) had done to create a card - this from the craft expert who by his own admission doesn't know what an A6 card is?! And you can hardly blame the guests from abroad who used to appear regularly for not being desperate to fly in from America, Holland etc to be treated that way - or to have to stand for 49 minutes listening to Stephanie Weightman wittering for Britain as she did with Robert Addam a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry, but I hate what's happening to craft on this channel - and having watched one or two shows from C&C recently, I'm not sure but what the hard sell is creeping in more to their shows as well. That would be a great pity.

Yep totally agree, if they are not careful they wont have the likes of Glenda, Jayne, Joanna, Stamp Addicts ect for much longer, :(

lynnieb
30-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Why can't we have a bit of variety? A Sakura POTD? Or A new Chris Warner CD Rom? Or something to appeal to those of us who prefer the altered brach of crafting. There are so many POTDs that I'm sure they could have more variety.

suetheiron
31-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I quite agree, if you're not a fan of Michelle's kits then there is very little else for you. I find her style to 'in your face' The way she sticks 4 extra cards on top of a huge card doesn't do it for me.:eek:

crafty anne
31-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I quite agree, if you're not a fan of Michelle's kits then there is very little else for you. I find her style to 'in your face' The way she sticks 4 extra cards on top of a huge card doesn't do it for me.:eek:

I have to agree. Some of the stuff she does needs scaffolding. I think she just tries to go one better than all the other demonstrators that have some really good ideas, and then turns it into a monstrosity!

lilac froggy Jan
01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
They are still trying to flog those awful reflection kits.
I think they could possibly be the worse they have ever offered.
They should give Red Hot bed a rest before they burn themselves out. Like anything else it must get to a point when they have no idea what to produce next when churning out stuff so frequently. Then all that is produced is inferior and a take on what has been before many times already.

I agree that they should be more inventive with their potds and offer some new and different things rather than the same boring boring same same .

kriskros
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
quite agree, so if no-one buys them they will soon take them off their shows. CD crafters companion is on towmorrow with some good offers,or so they say!!!!

crafty anne
02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
quite agree, so if no-one buys them they will soon take them off their shows.

I really do hope so. I have just seen on another forum that the Marsdens are doing 4 days on the trot in September, I think I maybe losing the will to live :mad: