PDA

View Full Version : Yeah I got a refund from OMC

angela
26-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Finally after taking it further and letting PAYPAL investigate I have finally got a refund from Oh My Crafts, bet they weren't happy the robbing gits.! I shall play it safe now and buy them in this country.

Julie
26-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Brilliant Angie, I did feel sorry for you, especially with it being your first US purchase !

Jeanette
26-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Well done Angie. I can't even get a reply to my daily emails. Perhaps I'll up it to 2 or 3 emails a day

von 2
26-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I haven't dealt with them but I did have major probs with a U S company and I have to say Paypal were great. I lodged a complaint and within a couple of weeks |I had my money back....

I was really impressed with Paypal's complaints procedure. It has persuaded me to stick with them as a method of payment.

Anne
26-07-2008, 07:49 PM
That's great news Angie - good for you.

Jeanette
26-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Paypals procedure is good but I have learnt never to advance order using paypal as the 45 day rule comes unstuck in situations like this

Dips
26-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Excellent news for you, Angie.

Unfortunately, I've been on the other end of a Paypal complaint and it has completely put me off offering Paypal as a payment option. I had a buyer who choose not to use recorded delivery and claimed that their item was not recieved. Despite me providing Paypal with proof of postage, proof of my Royal Mail missing parcel claim (in which Royal Mail acknowledge that the parcel had been dispatched) and proof from Royal Mail that the "buyer" would not complete their end of the Missing Parcel claim, Paypal still found in favour of the "buyer" and deducted money from my Paypal account to refunded this fraudster. Needless to say, they have gone on to be banned from Ebay, judging from their feedback, it appears that I was not the only seller stung in this way, but have I got my money back, no! So, I now no longer offer Paypal at all and it's even put me off using Ebay - I think that they are making it too easier for dishonest buyers, and would rather take the word of some fly-by-night buyer than someone who has traded on Ebay for years with a 100% postive feedback record.

Sorry, Angie, rant over. I know that none of the above applies to you but this really got to me.

angela
26-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Well done Angie. I can't even get a reply to my daily emails. Perhaps I'll up it to 2 or 3 emails a day

I don't think they bother to reply jeanette, they didn't with me, only when the dispute started did they reply.
It's a shame you didn't get any joy dips