https://ibb.co/Zm1K7dB

I think the face needs more definition.

Little Jan
03-10-2019, 02:38 PM
That is stunning Pam
I thought it was just the camera flash causing the face to be pale

Borderline
03-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Wow, fantastic work. You must have a lot of patience.

RozMinis
03-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Brilliant. I thought it was flashback as well.

Roz

Waterlily
04-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Thank you all.

I really meant the definition for the eyes, lips and mouth. There is some back stitching there but I think it should probably be slightly darker.

You can see the chin well and the mouth slightly but was wondering whether to do it all in the same colour as the chin.

Chalet School Fan
04-10-2019, 05:14 PM
That is amazing - it must have taken many hours of work. I agree about the face - I'd use a darker colour if it was me.

Lioness
04-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Absolutely stunning! I also agree that the eyes and nose need more definition. Its worth trying a slightly stronger colour

RozMinis
04-10-2019, 07:40 PM
I have often used a slightly darker colour for the back stitching. Several of Jane Greenoff's kits, well the flowers anyway, could have done with a slightly darker colour as what she supplies fades into the stitching. It has often seemed a bit pointless doing all that back stitching, then finding I cant see the thing. On the other hand, I have found that instead of black, which was used a lot in older designs from the USA, a dark grey or brown is often better, as in not quite so stark.

Roz

Waterlily
05-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Thank you all.

I quite liked the black back stitching Roz, in its place though. Most of my kits are quite old from QVC but have noticed in a couple the back stitching is very dark brown rather than black.

Victoria
05-10-2019, 12:14 PM
How lovely. The colours are so rich.

Chalet School Fan
05-10-2019, 08:11 PM
I usually use dark grey for back stitching. It was what Jo Verso recommended in her books.

RozMinis
06-10-2019, 06:39 PM
A lady who knew what she was talking about. ;) Sadly she was killed some years ago in a car crash. Apparently her daughter threw all her stash into a skip as she wasn't interested in crafting at the time. What a shame as there are many who would have loved all those threads, fabric, buttons, etc. She still feels guilty about it after all these years.

Roz

Chalet School Fan
07-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Jo Verso was a lovely lady - I chatted to her at several needlework fairs where she was exhibiting. She signed one of her books for me to send to an American penfriend - a much appreciated gift.