PDA

View Full Version : Folding mobility scooter - anyone?

Jacksmissis
10-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Put this on the IW section as they've been flogging "Luggies" again. Just wondering if anyone has had a folding mobility scooter please? Would appreciate your comments good or bad ! Its not for me but for hubby, and I need to get it into the car-boot. Years ago, I worked for a mobility company and the foldables weren't popular at that time but years have gone on and I hope they have improved ? Thanks peeps

Deefersmum
15-03-2020, 08:42 AM
We've just bought a mobility scooter for hubby (second hand), but it isn't a folding one so can't really help. I got one of the bigger bulkier ones because a few people mentioned they are quite easy to tip over if you hit a kerb whatever. Some of them look so flimsy - like a typist's chair on a lawn mower!

Good luck with the search.

Jacksmissis
15-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Yeah the bigger ones are much better Deefy, when I worked for the mobility shop the 3 wheelers had a lot of issues with tipping and they weren't as popular by far as the big ones. I've seen a few 2nd hand ones but they won't go in the car and also, some of the ones that do have to be broken down into several pieces to get them in, that's why I thought putting it on here might give a broad outlook on which might be best for me to be humping around ! Make sure you keep your batteries topped up Deefy - even if you aren't using it, they're like car batteries and can't be doing with running right down and they're not cheap to replace

pyjama princess
20-08-2020, 10:21 AM
JM - QVC have a mobility scooter on today. It can be broken down into 2 pieces and folded down small enough to go in an airline overhead compartment. The battery pulls out so you only have to plug that in and not the whole machine. Item number 402779 ATTO compact Mobility Scooter.

Jacksmissis
20-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Thanks PJP off to have a look !

Kestrella
11-01-2022, 11:57 PM
I have a Minimo Autofold. It is heavy - 60lbs-but I was more concerned with storage space than weight. It folds at the touch of a button and easily fits into a car boot