PDA

View Full Version : August Card Swap

Rainbowwand
27-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Can it really be nearly August, wasnt it only yesterday i was waiting for the Osprey to return and the trees to turn green, maybe not because today three Osprey chicks are up and flying and the trees are a sea of green, tomorow the Osprey's will travel thousands of miles to Africa and the tree's will be come a riot of colour with yellow,gold,orange and reds giving a theatrical performance, catch that magical moment when the sun and the light is just right and the result is breathtakingly stunning, after that will be Chri. . . . nope i cant even type the word never mind think about it lol

So where was i oh yes the card swap :)

So the Theme is either

Its a Wrap, think outside of that box!

or as has been discussed on the forum of late,

Colouring in! Discussion has centred mainly on pencils, but you may use any medium you fancy

Dips
27-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Now, I know that I don't usually do this, but can I join in this one?

Winspiration
27-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm in too, please :)

Julie
27-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Me too please !

3BC
27-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Can't join this month, but wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading about the Ospreys. When do they normally go RW?

Wellington
27-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Me wanna play. I haven't the foggiest at what, but what the heck, it's always a fun journey finding out :D

satincollie
27-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes Please i'm in.
Gill xx

Little Jan
27-07-2008, 05:11 PM
count me in for this too

Rainbowwand
27-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Can't join this month, but wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading about the Ospreys. When do they normally go RW?

The female will generally go first around the end of August Beginning of september leaving Dad to teach the young to fish, he will then follow around mid september the young generally leave by themselves after he has left, dont ask me how on earth they know the way by themselves, i havent a clue :D although one year dad and the young left together just for a change lol

Rainbowwand
27-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Now, I know that I don't usually do this, but can I join in this one?

Welcome along Dips, the card swap is open to everyone, dip, (no pun intended:D) in and out as you wish

Rentochops
27-07-2008, 06:06 PM
yeah I've finished my essay (which has to be given in tomorrow) - so yes yes yes (as Meg Ryan might've said in a restaurant) - the next (and last) one isn't due until October yay!

LorraineJ
27-07-2008, 06:33 PM
My swap for July is sitting there waiting to be posted and I still have a FLAP to make. I should have time to make a card, so include me in please :D

artysam
27-07-2008, 07:29 PM
me too please!!

Marzipan
27-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm in too please

Pam
27-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Can it really be nearly August, wasnt it only yesterday i was waiting for the Osprey to return and the trees to turn green, maybe not because today three Osprey chicks are up and flying and the trees are a sea of green, tomorow the Osprey's will travel thousands of miles to Africa and the tree's will be come a riot of colour with yellow,gold,orange and reds giving a theatrical performance, catch that magical moment when the sun and the light is just right and the result is breathtakingly stunning, after that will be Chri. . . . nope i cant even type the word never mind think about it lol

So where was i oh yes the card swap :)

So the Theme is either

Its a Wrap, think outside of that box!
or as has been discussed on the forum of late,

Colouring in! Discussion has centred mainly on pencils, but you may use any medium you fancy

You've confused me RW:o lol:rolleyes:

LorraineJ
27-07-2008, 11:19 PM
You've confused me RW:o lol:rolleyes:

The only wraps I can think of are the kind you eat, so I guess I am confused :D or dim (don't answer that, on a postcard or otherwise)

Dips
28-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Ah, now you see, it was the wrap theme that caught my eye and is why I want to have a go this time!

Pam
28-07-2008, 08:25 AM
lol Thanks Dips, I haven't got a clue what a wrap is. It's probably obvious and I'm being thick. lol

macey
28-07-2008, 02:18 PM
please count me in

Dips
28-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Love your passion flower, Pam. Mine grows entwined with a vine, they are just so pretty! I don't think "It's a wrap" is any one thing (I hope), but I do have an idea for a card in my head that would fit with this theme, so it's coming out of my head and into reality now!

Pam
28-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks Dips.

Julie
28-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I am thinking laterally on this one, I might have to do a bit of woodwork !!

Wellington
28-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't got a clue what a wrap is. It's probably obvious and I'm being thick. lol

I think, kind of techincally in cardmaking terms, a wrap is the exact opposite of an insert - like a vellum or acetate 'jacket' to the card - at least that's how I know them...but depending on how far out of your box you are, I suppose it could be something completely different :D

Pam
28-07-2008, 04:05 PM
lol Thanks Wellie.

Dips
28-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Erm, now that I've stuck my hand up for this, can I just confirm when I need to have mine done? MTIA!

Winspiration
28-07-2008, 05:55 PM
By the end of August, Dips :)

Rainbowwand
28-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Now shall i tell you what i had in mind when i suggested "Its a wrap" or just let your creative imaginations flow, the later i think, so whatever your interpretation is, thats fine by me :D

LorraineJ
28-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Now shall i tell you what i had in mind when i suggested "Its a wrap" or just let your creative imaginations flow, the later i think, so whatever your interpretation is, thats fine by me :D

Oooh you have set my creative juices flowing, thanks RW. I have had a great idea, using some things I picked up when I went to Kanban a few weeks ago.

Rentochops
29-07-2008, 08:08 AM

Is the other theme 'colouring in' then?:confused:

Spendsloads
29-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd like to join in too please.

Rainbowwand
29-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Is the other theme 'colouring in' then?:confused:

It is, using whatever medium you prefer, pens, pencils, inks, glitter, old tea bag lol ect. :)

Pam
30-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Thanks RW - I haven't got much of a creative imagination :o but I'll have a go too.

I'm in please!

Rentochops
31-07-2008, 12:54 PM
It is, using whatever medium you prefer, pens, pencils, inks, glitter, old tea bag lol ect. :)

I'll get me set of Tetley's out then thanks RW:D

Marzipan
31-07-2008, 09:12 PM
lol rentochops

Wellington
01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Humph, I had an idea & did a mock-up last night with scrap paper - turns out to be a complete no-hoper :( Oh well, back to the drawing board...well craft mat...