PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but I'm sick of MM's PoTDs

lynnieb
29-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I like Michelle as A person, but I'm not keen on her stuff, so I wish they'd give us a bit more variety with the pick of the days, especially aS there are soooo many of them.. How about a new Chris Warner CD Rom, or a SakurasPOTD? We need a change

Dips
29-07-2008, 11:47 AM
You're not alone in your disapproval, Lynnie, a feeling shared by quite a few in the existing thread on the POD here (http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268)

missusnobby
29-07-2008, 01:50 PM
hi, I actually like quite a bit of Michelle's stuff, but even I am bored with it every week:(

Diane1
04-08-2008, 12:51 AM
I have also got quite a bit of Michelle's stuff, but getting bored with it every week, would be nice to have a change. I would like the sekura pens for a pOD price, they never seem to do these.

Rentochops
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
I am fed up of her, her husband and products - the POTD always turns into a farce when they are on with Stephanie.

We need new fresh and exciting stuff - C&C isn't delivering!

gill71
04-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I am in agreement. I actually do not like MM products at all, bringing her husband along with her too, grhh!

Dips
04-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm also disappointed that this week's POD is going to be another Crafter's Companion CD. I personally feel that there are far, far too many CD PODs on IW. However, judging by the comments made by DB with regards to last week's Kanban TSV, Kanban seem to be clearly feeling the pinch from everyone now printing their own toppers with all these CDs.

maisie*daisy
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
yes i heard that too lol .I dont agree about thee quality bit DB said though

Prudence2
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm also disappointed that this week's POD is going to be another Crafter's Companion CD. I personally feel that there are far, far too many CD PODs on IW. However, judging by the comments made by DB with regards to last week's Kanban TSV, Kanban seem to be clearly feeling the pinch from everyone now printing their own toppers with all these CDs.

I also noticed DB commenting on the CDs. In fact I noticed it in more than 2 presentations. Although I agree that you cannot get the effect of foiling or glittering - I do not know what the ratio is with ink cartridges per sheet. Printer ink is very expensive (I have no idea why it should be so expensive) there are some lovely CDs you can print from. Personally I like the Artylicious, Cute Companions and JS CDs. But I would have to agree that, unless you have a very expensive printer, you do not get the constant quality that is a given with bought sheets. The other problem I find is that there are always fresh papers that catch my eye that I want to buy - and no CD is out there that would answer this problem.

I did object to her ascertion that using a CD was 'cutting corners' this is not what I am trying to achieve at all. Sometimes I just prefer the papers from a CD.:confused::(

Rentochops
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I thought this was about Marsden not Bibby - anyhoo I think QVC are right to shy away from CD's tbh - the market is already flooded. QVC seem to attract an older crowd me thinks who wouldn't want CD's!

Actually back to Bibby - she said that micro dots were much stronger than sticky dots the other day - she gets her digs in - and I don't blame her after the gloating from SW on getting craft channel of the year!

Phree
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I hate to burst the balloon of the "printing is expensive" school, but with a Continuous Ink Supply System it becomes cheap as chips ;)

Oh, and dips, I can tell you why ink carts can cost a bomb..... it's called rip off the customer.... threaten them with invaliation of the printer's warranty if they don't use OEM carts and then make sure that the profit on those OEM carts is obscene ;)

Chess
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought this was about Marsden not Bibby - anyhoo I think QVC are right to shy away from CD's tbh - the market is already flooded. QVC seem to attract an older crowd me thinks who wouldn't want CD's!

Actually back to Bibby - she said that micro dots were much stronger than sticky dots the other day - she gets her digs in - and I don't blame her after the gloating from SW on getting craft channel of the year!

Well said, ROC - and Nigel is still at it - heard him at least twice last week.

(I miss the 'Thanks' button!!)