PDA

View Full Version : Newish Cricut Carts..

Rentochops
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Hello Kitty, Spongebob, Sesame Street..

http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk/acatalog/NEW_CRICUT_CARTRIDGES.html#a402

simply skint, looks like will have to wait for Crimbo, really want the Hello Kitty one!

sugarplum
06-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Didnt realise you had a cricut ROC I am toying with the idea of buying an expression machine while in Florida in October as they are such a bargain there. Do you like your cricut and find it easy to use.

Rentochops
06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Didnt realise you had a cricut ROC I am toying with the idea of buying an expression machine while in Florida in October as they are such a bargain there. Do you like your cricut and find it easy to use.

I like my Cricut, but haven't bonded with it really, I am a lazy crafter and should try harder! Lynne H is the expert on it!

It's dead easy to use though, I die cut with it and emboss with my Cuttlebug.

As you say much cheaper in the USA, the carts are a rip off here, thoguh I got a few bargains on e-bay by some sniping, I haven't paid much over £30 for most carts.

LynneH
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I like my Cricut, but haven't bonded with it really, I am a lazy crafter and should try harder! Lynne H is the expert on it!

It's dead easy to use though, I die cut with it and emboss with my Cuttlebug.

As you say much cheaper in the USA, the carts are a rip off here, thoguh I got a few bargains on e-bay by some sniping, I haven't paid much over £30 for most carts.

I don't know about that ROC, but I do love my little bug. I'd certainly say go for it Sugarplum, especially if you can bring one back from the US. It's really simple to use. I bought all my cartridges from ebay US back when the exchange rate was fab.

kriskros
07-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Are there any hidden costs to buying the carts off an American site? Have tried to win a bid but so far no luck just to try out the costings. They are certainly cheaper than in th UK

Rentochops
07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Are there any hidden costs to buying the carts off an American site? Have tried to win a bid but so far no luck just to try out the costings. They are certainly cheaper than in th UK

I've only bought off UK e-bay so no idea!

sugarplum
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
The expression is only $289 in Walmart (approx £175) which is a heck of a lot cheaper than here so I think it would be rude not to buy one while I am there! My Craft robo is gathering dust as I just cant get to grips with the software but the cricut looks a bit easier (even SCAL seems more straightforward than the robo design master)

Kriskros if you are buying from a us website you need to be careful not to order too much and fall foul of the customs man you can end up paying duty and vat plus a hefty charge on top from Royal mail which can wipe out any savings