PDA

View Full Version : Apologies from Mitzi

Mitzi
16-09-2021, 12:11 PM
Firstly thank you all so much for the beautiful cards you have sent me. I treasure each and every one of them.

I didn't have a good birthday as I'm rushed off my feet trying to sort lots of things out at the moment, all of which are anxiety inducing. I did have a nice day out on Thursday (something that had been booked for ages) which was a nice respite from the storm. We were supposed to have a meal out on my birthday but I cancelled as I didn't feel up to it. My anxiety is through the roof, I'm not sleeping (keep waking in a panic in the middle of the night with a huge knot of fear in my stomach, can't get to sleep at night, wake early in the morning.) During the day I'm frantically busy and evenings I've had some commitments.

I'm going away on Sunday for a fortnight so hopefully I'll be able to relax then. I always get stressed before going away and the Covid situation has made it much worse this time plus all the extra finding out the rules, organising tests etc. Probably they'll change the rules today and it will have been for nothing. Right now I regret booking it and don't want to go but it's an awful lot of money to lose.

So apologies but I've no time to photograph the cards and post them. If any of you took photos before sending the cards, it would be wonderful if you could post them so that everyone can see how beautiful they are.

PJP, you already offered to post a pic of your August swap; it would be lovely if you could do that.
Pink Pig I was half way through making the August swap card for you when this madness descended. I'm sorry but I just can't get it done. I owe you one. And I won't be doing ATCs this month.

pyjama princess
16-09-2021, 01:16 PM
Thanks for coming on to explain Mitzi.
I have no problem with posting a photo of LJ's last monthly swap. And I'll start a birthday card thread for everyone to post their photos.
It's worrying that you're so anxious that it's waking you in the night. I get stressed before a holiday with all the organising etc so 'get' that. I know you have other things going on as well which are adding to the stress and anxiety. You will get through it all. Try and make lists of what needs doing, it helps to prioritise and it's so good to see things being crossed off. You may even find some stuff isn't that urgent and can wait until you're home.
Take care and try and to get some 'me' time. Hugs.

PinkPig
16-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Hope you enjoy your break Mitzi!

Mitzi
16-09-2021, 02:05 PM
Thanks for coming on to explain Mitzi.
I have no problem with posting a photo of LJ's last monthly swap. And I'll start a birthday card thread for everyone to post their photos.
It's worrying that you're so anxious that it's waking you in the night. I get stressed before a holiday with all the organising etc so 'get' that. I know you have other things going on as well which are adding to the stress and anxiety. You will get through it all. Try and make lists of what needs doing, it helps to prioritise and it's so good to see things being crossed off. You may even find some stuff isn't that urgent and can wait until you're home.
Take care and try and to get some 'me' time. Hugs.

Oh, the lists. Yes 4 am I was adding to the list on my phone. 5 am the same again. It seems like I cross 2 things off and another 4 get added.

Lioness
16-09-2021, 02:39 PM
There always seems to be so much to do before a holiday.
I have trip checklists on my pc for summer/winter/visiting family holidays and print off the relevant one to help with preparations. I have columns for each member of the family and this means that they can look after their stuff and help out (otherwise I would end up doing all of it)
The covid situation hasnt helped as you have to spend time and money dealing with all the extra requirements.
Once you leave the house and are on your way you will probably be able to start to relax.
Have a good break!

pyjama princess
16-09-2021, 03:05 PM
.....I have trip checklists on my pc for summer/winter/visiting family holidays and print off the relevant one to help with preparations......

I do something similar. I have a list of what clothing is needed that gets changed depending on the time of year/place being visited. So for example hats and gloves get added for cold climates. I also have a column of sundries like binoculars, camera, chargers. The list comes with me so I check everything is coming back that should be.

Lioness
16-09-2021, 04:05 PM
I do something similar. I have a list of what clothing is needed that gets changed depending on the time of year/place being visited. So for example hats and gloves get added for cold climates. I also have a column of sundries like binoculars, camera, chargers. The list comes with me so I check everything is coming back that should be.

Sounds exactly like mine :) Absolutely everything is on there. These days you have chargers for everything and they are all different. Smartphone batteries dont last for more than a day so its an inconvenience if you forget them.

Mitzi
17-09-2021, 07:33 AM
The holiday stress isn't the main thing I'm dealing with, it's just an added pressure that I could do without right now.

PinkPig
17-09-2021, 08:32 AM
A big thank you to LJ because I did not go completely cardless in the swap. I don’t join in the birthday swap but when LJ realised it had been my birthday she sent me a smashing birthday card which I got in August, so thanks again LJ and I hope you feel less pressured soon Mitzi.

Little Jan
17-09-2021, 10:47 AM
So sorry you are going through such a rough time
Hope you enjoy your break away
:grouphug:

Lioness
17-09-2021, 02:17 PM
The holiday stress isn't the main thing I'm dealing with, it's just an added pressure that I could do without right now.

Big hugs Mitzi. Hope the holiday helps and you get to relax

Victoria
17-09-2021, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear of your anxiety. We had a lovely few days away last week and it did us both the world of good, so I hope your break will do the same!