PDA

View Full Version : Crafts Beautiful cd

budgie
08-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Has anyone received their free cd that you had to send away for from CB mag?

Still waiting for mine.

Wellington
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Mine arrived this weekend while we were away at my parent's. I haven't tried it yet. But it did come with a free gift by way of an apology for the delay in sending it - an A5 sheet of clear stamps :)

budgie
10-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Mine arrived this weekend while we were away at my parent's. I haven't tried it yet. But it did come with a free gift by way of an apology for the delay in sending it - an A5 sheet of clear stamps :)

That is really good, I wish mine would come!

Shepherdess
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I had an email on 6th to say mine had been sent and to expect it in the next 48-72hours it hasn't arrived yet, maybe tomorrow. It will be my first MCS, I was wary of buying one from C&C after all the reports I read about it, but thought it was worth £2.95 to see what it's like.

Wellington
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I had an email on 6th to say mine had been sent and to expect it in the next 48-72hours it hasn't arrived yet, maybe tomorrow. It will be my first MCS, I was wary of buying one from C&C after all the reports I read about it, but thought it was worth £2.95 to see what it's like.

I got an email last Tuesday (I think, may even have been Monday) to say it had been despatched but it didn't arrive till the weekend, so it should be on it's way.

:wait: Just cuz I'm an still much of an idiot with these bliddy things (haven't got my ECDL yet LOL), am I right in thinking this particular disc has to be installed? I ask only cos if it does, I'm likely to encounter much huffing & :dull: from hubby. He's never impressed with anything that I do on the laptop & I invariably get the blaim for anything that crashes it. He's going to be really unimpressed when I try to instal something crafty. Especially something as notorious as an MCS CD. OK, he has no idea of their history, but, well...you know...

Betty1964
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
did you order more than the cd wellington, I got my cd a few days ago but there was no free gift even though there was a letter in the package saying something about a free gift by way of an apology for the delay.

Wellington
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
did you order more than the cd wellington, I got my cd a few days ago but there was no free gift even though there was a letter in the package saying something about a free gift by way of an apology for the delay.

Nope, just the CD & that's all I've been charged for. I was quite surprised to see them in there as I kind put my hand on the stamp sheet first & wondered if I'd made a mistake on my order. Then I found the letter telling me there was a free gift included, so I assumed it was the stamps.

Just had a nosey & it's this (http://www.crafting.co.uk/product.php?xProd=500&xSec=34) stamp sheet that I've been sent...

Betty1964
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
wow those stamps look great, have fun with them. Like I say I got the letter but I have just checked the envelope again and there is nothing else in it even though it is quite a big envelope for just the cd.

Cutiekitten
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
No news so far but it is probably early days yet for my order!

budgie
11-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I hope they send me them stamps as well, I did buy the watercolour cd but I couldn't afford the stamps!

budgie
11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Postie been and gone, and still no cd. Didn't get anything else I am waiting for either. Disappointed! I wish i had more patience!

Alice3_2009
11-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Awwh...even I keep looking to see if you've got it!

I meant to send for it but chucked it under the bed while I was decorating that room and forgot. Bet I would be too late now.

pyjama princess
11-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I haven't got around to ordering in yet either Alice. And I've just check and the offer runs until 4th September - get crawling under that bed!! :cheeky:

budgie
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Awwh...even I keep looking to see if you've got it!

I meant to send for it but chucked it under the bed while I was decorating that room and forgot. Bet I would be too late now.

You may as well get it when it if free. I hope you are more patient than me though! i am very patient when i am waiting for bills, but when it comes to craft stuff i want it now, if not sooner!!:flower:

Shepherdess
11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Postie been and gone, and still no cd.

Snap, so much for their 48-72 hours, I'm not convinced they actually sent it when they say they did.

budgie
11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Maybe tomorrow!

budgie
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Well tomorrow came but the cd didn't. Postie just been but none of my crafting goodies came. Will have to wait another day and see if it comes tomorrow.

Purplepig
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
it's 'orrible having to wait for stuff isn't it .... specially crafty stuff! :(

budgie
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
it's 'orrible having to wait for stuff isn't it .... specially crafty stuff! :(

It sure is!!

Shepherdess
12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Well tomorrow came but the cd didn't. Postie just been but none of my crafting goodies came. Will have to wait another day and see if it comes tomorrow.

Snap again, still no sign of it, I know they sent it snail mail but I didn't think they'd use an actual snail.

Cutiekitten
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
My cheque went out of my account on the 6th so they'll probably went for it to clear I guess.

Shepherdess
12-08-2009, 09:48 PM
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I think I'll email them to find out what's happened, after all they sent an email on the morning of the 6th to say it should arrive in 48-72 hours which in my book is 2-3 days and I think they've gone past that, even allowing for the weekend it's still been 5 working days.

tru-ella
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
it may be held up by the postal strikes

Shepherdess
12-08-2009, 10:33 PM
it may be held up by the postal strikes

Not good enough, don't they know I'm a crafter and it's bad for my health to be kept waiting for craft goodies. When there's a postal strike on, the post office should pay extra to select posties to deliver craft goodies.:cheeky:

budgie
13-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Not good enough, don't they know I'm a crafter and it's bad for my health to be kept waiting for craft goodies. When there's a postal strike on, the post office should pay extra to select posties to deliver craft goodies.:cheeky:

You are right there Shepherdess!:cheeky:

budgie
13-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh flip! Postie been and still no CD. If there was a prize for waiting patiently I wouldn't win it!!!

Did get my Patti Picklicious cd that I ordered from QVC though, so will have to console myself playing with that instead!!

Shepherdess
13-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Hurray, my cd arrived today and they enclosed a free sheet of clear stamps, I'm really glad it arrived today as I need something to keep me occupied as OH has been taken into hospital again, not sure for how long yet hopefully I'll find out later today.

budgie
13-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Hurray, my cd arrived today and they enclosed a free sheet of clear stamps, I'm really glad it arrived today as I need something to keep me occupied as OH has been taken into hospital again, not sure for how long yet hopefully I'll find out later today.

Lucky you Shepherdess! I wish mine would come too. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I will try emailing them, cos I have just checked and it was the 4th when they emailed me to say I should get them in 48 to 72 hours. So that will be 10 days tomorrow.

Alice3_2009
13-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Do tell what's on it!

budgie
13-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Do tell what's on it!

I am dying to know that too!

Cutiekitten
13-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Received mine today! Plus the free clear stamps. There is also an offer to buy the Volume 1 cd at just £5 with free p and p. Is the first cd any good- should I grab it?

budgie
13-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Received mine today! Plus the free clear stamps. There is also an offer to buy the Volume 1 cd at just £5 with free p and p. Is the first cd any good- should I grab it?

Did you get the watercolour stamps that someone else got?

Don't know what is on the first cd, but I think this lady must have got it, she made a card from it and put it on her blog. Link below.

http://janescraftycreations.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Shepherdess
13-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, OH won't let me do any housework because I'm unwell he always say's "leave it, I'll do it for you" the trouble is he doesn't do it very often or properly, so I've been cleaning like a loony, I'm going to pay for it later, but I've got to get it all done before he comes home from hospital.
Hopefully I'll have a look at the cd later.

I got the watercolour waterways stamp sheet.

Cutiekitten
13-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know if they're watercolour stamps - I've never attempted stamping but I will have to make a start! There's 2 little cottages obscurred with bushes then some flower stamps?

budgie
13-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Sounds like they could be. They were lovely.

budgie
14-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Well another day with no cd! Postie went straight past, didn't even fetch a bill!

Could have done with it coming to cheer me up a bit, not having a good day. Very disappointed!

Wellington
14-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Still haven't been ahem, brave enough to install this yet...:cheeky:

Alice3_2009
14-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Which made me have second thoughts too. My laptop has been playing up so I took it back to an earlier date and MCS would not work at all. Just had to restore it to yesterday's date! I may just download for a fiver in future!

Alice3_2009
15-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Has it arrived Budgie?

budgie
15-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Has it arrived Budgie?

No Alice it is too early for the postie! Usually between 11 and 12, but sometimes later! Keeping my fingers crossed.:wait:

budgie
15-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Postman has been but still not received my cd! I emailed yesterday, but they haven't answered me yet. Not a happy bunny!

Wellington
17-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I dread to ask for an update on who's got their CD yet...

budgie
17-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Well mine hasn't come yet. Postman went straight past today. I have had a reply to my email, saying it has definitely been sent out. I have to let them know if it doesn't come this week.

I really don't want to wait another week, but there is always the possibilty that it has been caught up in the postal strikes, although I would have thought it would have come by now even if it had.

Betty1964
17-08-2009, 01:53 PM
this is not related to the cd but I had something which has got lost in the post recently and had to get a replacement sent from a craft company which I recieved the next day (the original item was sent to me nearly 3 weeks ago and it never did turn up)

Alice3_2009
17-08-2009, 01:53 PM
There's a similar thread running on JS Forum!

budgie
18-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Another day with no post at all, so no cd yet. Don't expect any tomorrow either, posties on strike round here tomorrow.

Rainbowwand
18-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Another day with no post at all, so no cd yet. Don't expect any tomorrow either, posties on strike round here tomorrow.

Hmm wonder if thats why we didnt get any post today, although it could be that we just didnt have any lol

budgie
18-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Hmm wonder if thats why we didnt get any post today, although it could be that we just didnt have any lol

I put on a thread the other day about the postal strike that tells you which areas are affected and on which days. I think I put it on the IW/CC thread, as Peterborough was going to be hit quite a bit.

Alice3_2009
19-08-2009, 10:45 AM
There's a similar thread running on JS Forum!

and on money saving expert.....................all still waiting

budgie
19-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I wonder if they really have sent them out then if a lot of people are still waiting?

No hope for mine to come today, as the posties are on strike round here today!

budgie
19-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Wasn't expecting to get any post today as the postie is meant to be on strike, but have just had a delivery.

Still didn't get the cd.:down:

But did get my Artylicious Decadent Brocade cds and they are goreous!

Also got my new Joanna Sheen stamps and they are gorgeous too! Lovely new stash to play with!!:flower::flower::flower:

Betty1964
21-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I got my cd about two weeks ago, but didnt get the free gift, so I was a bit cheeky and emailed them about it as I did have a letter saying free gift enclosed. Anyway they said they would send me a gift as I should have got one. So I was all excited this morning when the package arrived thinking it was the stamps, but was dissapointed to find it was a green pentel metallic brush pen (worth £2) on their website, but I suppose it was free so shouldn't complain. however I only emailed them about the gift 10 days ago, so if they can get that in the post to me then how is it that a lot of you who ordered your cds long before this are still waiting on them.

Wellington
21-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I approached hubby about installing the CD the other night while he was in a half decent mood. He said no at first - in what I can only describe as his stupid smirk mode, meaning he wasn't particularly serious. I pointed out that he installs his ruddy games...So he said OK (in so many words), but still asked me to ask him again when he was less tired. Which is never :dull:

budgie
21-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Still didn't get mine!

Lioness
28-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Can anyone tell if this cd is worth getting and which issue of crafts beautiful was the offer in?

Thanks

Edit

Ignore me - just realised that it is probably not available anyway, as a new issue must be out by now!

budgie
28-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Got mine on Tuesday and it is gorgeous!

Wellington
28-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Got mine on Tuesday and it is gorgeous!

Still working on getting hubby to install it :headbang: I know that sounds totally whimpy, but seriously, if I have a go & make the laptop die or summat, he will in all probability stop me from using it for a long time...

Wellington
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Umm, I hope I'm not treading on difficult ground here but why don't you do it yourself? It takes about two minutes flat so it shouldn't interfere with his sleeping duties. Most CDs load themselves but if not you only have to put 'em in the drawer and push the buttons.

Ahh - well that would be cos a) I'm not so sure how to do it, but could probably muddle through b) if anything goes bang he can't blaim me oh & c) he hates my hobby with a vengence (seriously) & wouldn't be particularly thrilled if my installing a programme that has anything to do with crafting bogs up the lap top in any way shape or form.

As it is, I finally got him to take a look over the weekend & it turns out we can't instal it cos we don't have enough memory available on the laptop. It's a bit creaky this one & is getting a bit full of pics from the cameras. We may or may not do something about that, but for the moment I have a pretty shiney disc that's pretty much useless to me...