PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me……

fuzzyfelt
15-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Does anyone else get fed up with the presenters keep saying “don’t forget to check out your baskets”. For goodness sake how many times do we need to be told during a 1 hour show. The worst culprits are Miss P & Haley.

RozMinis
15-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Does anyone else get fed up with the presenters keep saying “don’t forget to check out your baskets”. For goodness sake how many times do we need to be told during a 1 hour show. The worst culprits are Miss P & Haley.

They obviously think we are all as thick as two short planks, and not half as useful! There is a lot to be said for having the sound off, don't hear any of the waffle. ;)

Roz

pyjama princess
15-02-2022, 07:35 PM
They're constantly reminded to say it by 'the voices in their ears'. The backroom staff can see what's selling and if people have items in their baskets and not checked out. They don't want to label items as sold out only for people to not complete their purchase and then they're left with stock that others might have wanted but couldn't because it showed as all items allocated.

Jazzydrury
15-02-2022, 08:10 PM
The issue would be while it is sat in a basket, it Is not yours and isn’t allocated.

Somebody phones up orders the item, as the computer doesn’t tell the person in the call centre, it’s In somebody’s basket, the person on the phone gets priority.

Mitzi
16-02-2022, 09:51 AM
The issue would be while it is sat in a basket, it Is not yours and isn’t allocated.

Somebody phones up orders the item, as the computer doesn’t tell the person in the call centre, it’s In somebody’s basket, the person on the phone gets priority.

AFAIK, that happens with C&C but not The Craft Store. I've had items in my basket With C&C but when you check out a minute later it says they are out of stock. With the latter, items in your basket are yours, but only for 10 mins from putting the first item in. If you haven't checked out after 10 mins, your basket automatically empties and those items are available to everyone.

Lioness
16-02-2022, 12:00 PM
AFAIK, that happens with C&C but not The Craft Store. I've had items in my basket With C&C but when you check out a minute later it says they are out of stock. With the latter, items in your basket are yours, but only for 10 mins from putting the first item in. If you haven't checked out after 10 mins, your basket automatically empties and those items are available to everyone.

Can you imagine if that happened in real life, as in a supermarket ....... you get to the till and half of your shopping is missing as it has been taken out by other customers while you have been going around!

Little Jan
16-02-2022, 04:23 PM
Can you imagine if that happened in real life, as in a supermarket ....... you get to the till and half of your shopping is missing as it has been taken out by other customers while you have been going around!

That has happened a few times when shopping with granddaughters
Get to till half a French stick a Banana a half a bunch of grapes missing :rofl:

RozMinis
16-02-2022, 05:46 PM
Oh dear Jan, have to laugh though. ;)

I remember shopping in Wombwell once with Kate when she was about two. We had been into Woolworths, hadn't bought anything, didn't notice until we were at the other end of town that she was still clutching the basket. Oh well, two year olds do like to be helpful! We did take it back of course. ;)

We could have a riot on our hands if that happened Lioness. :)

Roz