PDA

View Full Version : Elusive Images Christmas Stamp Launch

Phree
20-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh my, look out credit cards - it's bashing time. The new Christmas stamps are just scrummy!!! As Glenda has yet to reveal all of the designs I am not going to say any more. But I can assure fans of Glenda's stamps that you are not going to be disappointed.

LynneH
20-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Come on Phree 'fess up. Did you buy them all?

budgie
20-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh my, look out credit cards - it's bashing time. The new Christmas stamps are just scrummy!!! As Glenda has yet to reveal all of the designs I am not going to say any more. But I can assure fans of Glenda's stamps that you are not going to be disappointed.

Do you know when they are going to be revealed?

Wellington
20-08-2009, 01:01 PM
They're on the Graphicus website right now *sob* Yummy, scrummy....

Wellington
20-08-2009, 02:36 PM
And here (http://elusiveimagesdesignteam.blogspot.com/2009/08/feeling-festive.html) they are on the EI DT blog...I think if absolutely pushed (to the edge of cliff if I didn't make a decision), I'm mostly wanting the Christmas Song & Frostly Tree plates. Please. If anyone's listening. Is there such a thing as a Stamp Fairy?

And I swore I wouldn't need another Xmas stamp plate after I bought the fabulous Snow Is Falling plate last year...

Phree
20-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Well I guess by now you have followed Welly's advice and had a wee peek on the Graphicus site and / or the EI DT Blog. I got a couple of the A4 plates last night Reindeer and Snowflakes..... I have a feeling that some of the A5 ones will find their way into my stash too.

Glenda and Lynne were doing so fabulous demo's with foils, and flock and there were some absolutele gorgeous sample cards from easy and fast cards to far more elablorate projects suitable for those special people who get our "best" cards.

LynneH
20-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Lucky you Phree. They are all lovely but Frosty Trees, Damask Reindeer and Snowflake Flourish are my favourites.

Anne
20-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I adore some of the elements on these plates, but I do wish Glenda would do individual stamps, so that we could pick and choose.

Julie
20-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Ditto Anne, the tree one is the most complete plate I would use but I would only use one or two elements off the others.

Anne
20-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Ditto Anne, the tree one is the most complete plate I would use but I would only use one or two elements off the others.

Agreed. I also love the swirly snowflake and the swirly poinsettia, but wouldn't buy a whole sheet just to get the one stamp. Have to say that this is often an issue when stamps come in a set, and doesn't just apply to Glenda's stamps.

lolathelamb
20-08-2009, 06:44 PM
They are all gorjuss! But I think DB has a new Xmas tree design based on swirls - and anyone receiving my own design this year will see it is awfully similar - but I drew it in May in Devon with no Internet access! So def my very own work. Grr. It's just that swirls are so 'on trend'...

Phree
20-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Themeplates are still pretty good value compared to wood mounted stamps, but yep there are often some stamps on any make of themeplate that might not be your cup of tea. Mind you DB and swirly trees?? - forgive me but having seen the standard of Dawn's art work on those dreadful stamps she produced last year for Christmas (who can forget the sinister snowman with the evil eyes?) I will stick to Glenda's swirls.

As for the other stamps I have loads of uses in mind for several of them, but then I had an advantage with regard to some of the designs as I spent a lovely couple of days playing with the index sheets for 3 of those plates as it was me who did the colouring - loads of time to come up with ideas for actual cards.

lolathelamb
20-08-2009, 07:10 PM
...DB and swirly trees?? - forgive me but having seen the standard of Dawn's art work on those dreadful stamps she produced last year for Christmas (who can forget the sinister snowman with the evil eyes?) I will stick to Glenda's swirls...LOL - if you start your crafting with QVC, it takes time to discover other designers - and now that I've done that, I agree with you Phree!

scrappin'granny
20-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Come clean - who's selling these gorgeous stamps? DH's credit card is going to take a bashing I think.

Phree
20-08-2009, 08:13 PM
The stamps are by Elusive Images scrappin'granny and can be bought from Graphicus (http://www.graphicus.co.uk/) now. However, my advice would be to wait as our own Laura of That's Crafty will mostly likey get stock in very soon - she usually does carry the EI range and her prices are likey to be cheaper.

Edit : I should have added that if you have not already found Laura's web site you can find That's Crafty in the forum Outlets section.

That's Crafty!
21-08-2009, 08:00 AM
The stamps are by Elusive Images scrappin'granny and can be bought from Graphicus (http://www.graphicus.co.uk/) now. However, my advice would be to wait as our own Laura of That's Crafty will mostly likey get stock in very soon - she usually does carry the EI range and her prices are likey to be cheaper.

Edit : I should have added that if you have not already found Laura's web site you can find That's Crafty in the forum Outlets section.

Thanks Phree. Yes we will be stocking them and hopefully we will have them soon. :)

budgie
21-08-2009, 09:46 AM
There are some gorgeous stamps on there, but it would cost me a fortune to get the ones I want. They are all on different sheets! Oh well, there is always next year. I can't justify spending so much more on Christmas stamps this year, as have already spent a fortune! It is a pity there is no such thing as pick and mix for stamps!

LoobyLou
21-08-2009, 10:03 AM
There are some gorgeous stamps on there, but it would cost me a fortune to get the ones I want. They are all on different sheets! Oh well, there is always next year. I can't justify spending so much more on Christmas stamps this year, as have already spent a fortune! It is a pity there is no such thing as pick and mix for stamps!

I keep finding myself agreeing with you Budgie. Are you perchance my missing twin?

Peeps are gonna think I'm stalking you at this rate.

I do wish there was a pick and mix as well.

Looby

Wellington
21-08-2009, 12:39 PM
As for the other stamps I have loads of uses in mind for several of them, but then I had an advantage with regard to some of the designs as I spent a lovely couple of days playing with the index sheets for 3 of those plates as it was me who did the colouring - loads of time to come up with ideas for actual cards.

:wait:Aww, come on, fess up, which ones :D And I just read on Glenda's blog that the launch was 'invitation only' :eek: So when so you start on the EI DT?? And will you still remember us when you're demo-ing on C&C :wink:

Prudence2
21-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I bought the reindeer stamps as part of my guild buy (plus the mystery box) and have already started using them. They are gorgeous. Having seen the other stamps I think the only other set I will be buying are the trees.:angel:

lovepaperstroking2
22-08-2009, 12:02 PM
They are gorgeous....
Love the Frosty tree and the Christmas Foliage....I love the poinsettia :)

Phree
22-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Welly, to be fair Glenda should have said the Launch was ticket only - anyone could buy a ticket but numbers were limited. Graphicus are HUGELY safety conscious as anyone who has been to a workshop there would tell you so I suspect Glenda has to make sure that she does not open such event to more people than she is covered for with her public insurance if you see what I mean.

Anyhow the ones I did are Harlequin, Snowflakes and Trees.

LynneH
22-08-2009, 05:42 PM
They look great Phree. I especially like how you've done the multi colour diamonds one in the Harlequin set.