PDA

View Full Version : I think I've just been diddled. lol

Pam
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I bought the self adhesive vellum sheets for £17.88 (24 sheets) + P & P £3.95 and then had a look at the Readicut catalogue and saw them in there £7.99 for 12 sheets. They look about the same, not sure about the postage for Readicut!!!!:rolleyes::o:eek::(

Wellington
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Ooops! I liked those, but thought they might be a little pricey...don't know why I thought they were pricey, I just got a 'feeling' :D Which doesn't help you much though Pam! Can you cancel the order now?

Winspiration
05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh dear, Pam :(

I think the p&p is actually the same with Readicut, although its a flat rate per order.

Little Jan
05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes readycuts P&P is £3.95 no matter how much you order, I get the little booklet each month but only just notice they were offering me free P&P till end July dou!!!!:(

Pam
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks everyone.

Well, I didn't cancel the QVC order and I'm glad I didn't now! Received the package this morning and the stuff doesn't look anything like vellum, it's far too shiny. It's probably going back! lol I cut a small corner off and stuck it to some card but it still looked the same. I lived in hope but didn't think it would make any difference!!!! Had to try it though.

Wellington
09-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I suppose, thinking about it, it did look a little plasticky - perhaps more along the lines of a transparent sticky backed plastic? I wonder if that's why a similar C&C product was sold as Velacetate - a cross between acetate & vellum?? :confused:

Pam
09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Welly

I think you've hit the nail on the head! I'm very disappointed because I like the vellum 'look'. I haven't seen Velacetate but it certainly sounds like it.

Spendsloads
11-08-2008, 07:06 AM
I haven't tried the product you mentioned Pam, but I find running vellum through my Xyron (it is about the only thing I use it for) pretty effective.

By the way, the order I placed with Readicut the other day when the free delivery was on arrived within 5 days. Some good value stuff too, including a pot luck pack of 10 balls of Sirdar yarn in a pretty rose pink with patterns for £5 and 25 sheets of gold or silver paper for £3.99. Very pleased.

Pam
11-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Thank you Spendsloads. Must admit I haven't tried vellum with the Xyron, I'll have to give it a go. lol

I didn't get around to ordering anything from Readicut, sounds like you got some good things.

Rentochops
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Thank you Spendsloads. Must admit I haven't tried vellum with the Xyron, I'll have to give it a go. lol

I didn't get around to ordering anything from Readicut, sounds like you got some good things.

Hi Pam

just realised I go the same Vellum on a OTO - it is very weird, but is ok in my Cricut!

Dips
11-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Have to agree with Spendsloads, Xyron machine for vellum, or Spray Adhesive, are IMHO the best. Tried Wacky-Tac and failed miserably, even though others rave about it.

Velacetate was launched about 2 years ago, first of all by Kanban on QVC (do you remember that kit in the muddy blues, greens and oranges - floral and butterfly I think), followed closely by CAC - who were the ones to coin the phrase "Velacetate". I don't think it's really taken off:D

Wellington
11-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh look 011640 (http://www.createandcraft.com/Self_Adhesive_Plastic_Vellum_011640.aspx?nav=1&profileId=2148383), S/A plastic vellum in clearance on the C&C site...

pyjama princess
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Snap Welly! I was just about to post the same thing. :)