PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only digi geek???

sheilaj
08-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Am I the only person on here who regularly does digital cards/scrap pages?
If you do too, what programs do you use?
where do you get your materials?
Would you be interested in digi swaps?

come out of the woodwork digi folks! :hi:

tru-ella
08-09-2009, 07:01 AM
lol, all goes over my head I'm afraid, although digi scrapbooking looks lovely

budgie
08-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I have been having a bit of a look at it recently, but that is as far as I have got. I did get a programme and a couple of free digi kits with the latest issue of Complete Cardmaking, but not had time to look at it yet. Got quite a few birthdays coming up to make cards for, as well as finishing Christmas cards. (Not been feeling too well recently either, so can't concentrate on new stuff!) The free programme is called Digital scrapbook artist compact. There is a tutorial in the mag, so when i feel up to it and have the time, will have a look and probably have a go.

I have made a digital scrapbook page in MCS. I started off just messing about, but ended up making a page. I haven't printed it off yet to see what it is like, but will eventually, and I will take a photo and put it on the forum to show you. I used a free download pack to make it called Junior themed images.

pyjama princess
08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I can waste many an hour 'playing around' on the computer. I've downloaded Wondershare Photo Collage Studio from 'Giveaway of the Day'. I've had a few goes with it and like what I've done.

These were done using photos from my 50th birthday weekend:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/nuttycluster/Pamelas%20Digital%20Scrapbook%20Pages/Page2.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/nuttycluster/Pamelas%20Digital%20Scrapbook%20Pages/Page2_0.jpg

I also use cardmaking programmes such as MCS and Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (which I've had years).
This is a card I made using GCFD:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/nuttycluster/scan0001Small.jpg

The sunflower and rooster were embellishments I added.

I also have 'Dazzling Reflections' which turns pictures into kaleidoscopes - unfortunately I spend so long 'designing' backing papers I never have the time to use them!

satincollie
08-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I have played with Paint shop pro but not aimed at scrapping or cards more for my dogs website although most have now been discarded. Oh just remembered I did ths Valentine card.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Willowish/Valentine.jpg

and this for Christmas
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Willowish/Xmas.jpg

Gill

pyjama princess
08-09-2009, 09:02 AM
They're amazing satincollie! Can't get my head around PSP - you obviously have though!

alisonrachel
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi there

I have quite a few digi stamps from various sources which I have used and I also use MyCraft Studio a lot.
Please visit my blog for several links http://craftydragons.blogspot.com/

Ali x

satincollie
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Ooops I forgot my signature is drawn using PSP aswell. LOL
Gill

tru-ella
08-09-2009, 10:40 AM
great projects, ladies

Phree
08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Fab projects - PJP I can't beleive your pages are for a 50th birthday - you certainly don't look it!

Sheila, I havn't done any digi stuff - mainly it's cuz I just don't have the time - hubby has Photoshop Elements on his puter - and to be honest neither of us have ever really managed to sit down and make the time to go through the learning curve - it is a horribly steep one. And yep I know that's a shame - we have a wonderfully powerful tool there and it's lying unused - but that's just the way life goes. Hubby keeps muttering stuff about photos in RAW format (whatever the heck that is) I know he wants to get into that and months after he first started talking about it I see no signs of activity in that area from him.

babytoes
14-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Am I the only person on here who regularly does digital cards/scrap pages?
If you do too, what programs do you use?
where do you get your materials?
Would you be interested in digi swaps?

come out of the woodwork digi folks! :hi:

Hi Sheilaj, I have just ordered the Serif digi scrapbook programme from QVC, I watched the tutorial on line and it looked pretty straight forward. I am hoping to be able to combine it with actual 12x12 papers by using the 8x8 format as I have a large stash of 12x12's. I love paper craft and my pc so it will be good to combine both. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Julie
14-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I've bought quite a few digi kits from Two Peas, trouble is I download them then forget where they are on my puter. :sad:

Think you can keep them on Two Peas website too, but I have forgotten who I am on there !!

budgie
14-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I've bought quite a few digi kits from Two Peas, trouble is I download them then forget where they are on my puter. :sad:

Think you can keep them on Two Peas website too, but I have forgotten who I am on there !!

You are as bad as me, I am always forgetting who I am!:flower:

Alice3_2009
15-09-2009, 08:11 AM
My only criticism with MCS is the lettering. It took a while to find it on my project. Unless you zoom in, then you can't see the overall picture.

I think they should have hidden sections, that pop up when you hover the mouse over, then there would be a bigger work area. I have tried using the little arrows to make the sections smaller, but that's an a***. Told them that in my suggestions.

babytoes
16-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Has anyone used the Serif one, is it as easy to use as it looks? Hoping mine arrives soon, I can't wait to have a play.

harryp
16-10-2009, 10:50 AM
i do most of my scrapbook pages digitally i find i am more creative that way as i am not the most talented person with art, i love to make cards and scrap pages but they dont alwyas look as good as i want until i discovered digital, i use psp8.

lolathelamb
16-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I've got Art Explosion Scrapbook Deluxe which has its uses - good for very quick cards and 'newspaper' like pages to tell the story with photos inserted. But not too often!

mandy62
27-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi - this thread has forced me into my first post LOL!! I love digi crafting - I use Serif DSA for my scrapping and card making and I use Adobe illustrator/CS3 for my own little doodling projects. Sometimes use MCS but I do prefer full graphics software. I get quite addicted to creating backgrounds etc. once I get the time!! The Serif DSA is super easy to use you'll enjoy the brushes, and their freebies are good - also try shabbyprincess she has really fab free downloads.
M.x

budgie
28-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi Mandy, welcome to the forum!

sheilaj
28-10-2009, 08:09 AM
yup shabby princess and scrapgirls have the best freebies.
Nice to see you Mandy! It would be lovely if you would post some of your work

Lioness
04-12-2009, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=pyjama princess;57019]I can waste many an hour 'playing around' on the computer. I've downloaded Wondershare Photo Collage Studio from 'Giveaway of the Day'. I've had a few goes with it and like what I've done.QUOTE]

Just browsing through old messages and noticed that there is a freebie piece of software available today.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/picturecollagemaker-pro/

I have not used this site myself and have not had a chance to look through it properly, so hope it is a safe one.