Monday - decoupage designs

Tuesday - quick and easy cardmaking

Wednesday - creativity with stamps

Thursday - stylish stencilling

Friday - creative paper techniques

Phree
26-06-2008, 12:01 AM
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

sorry but the list just has that effect on me.....

errrrrrr what have Quick N Easy cards go to do with "technique"....... or perhap they want to show us a really stylish and elgant way to locate the peel off protective bit on the adhesive area on the back of a ready made, ready foiled, ready glittered hand made topper which you can then very elegantly peel this protective layer off and with a classy flick of the wrist slap it down on your pre-cut, pre-scored card and then pop in in an envelope and pretend you made it yourself

Ooooops did that sound sarcastic ? :D

Winspiration
26-06-2008, 12:21 AM

Mmmmmm - a little :p :D :rolleyes:

Phree
26-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I see I haven't lost my touch then while the forum was down :D :D :D :D

Jeanette
26-06-2008, 06:02 AM
errrrrrr what have Quick N Easy cards go to do with "technique"....... or perhap they want to show us a really stylish and elgant way to locate the peel off protective bit on the adhesive area on the back of a ready made, ready foiled, ready glittered hand made topper which you can then very elegantly peel this protective layer off and with a classy flick of the wrist slap it down on your pre-cut, pre-scored card and then pop in in an envelope and pretend you made it yourself

Maybe a tad sarcastic but nothing I wasn't thinking myself!!

Anne
26-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I might well have a look in on Wednesday and Friday.

Shall we place bets on seeing Amy on Tuesday?

Lioness
26-06-2008, 09:14 AM
...Shall we place bets on seeing Amy on Tuesday?

I don't think she will be doing this as, on her last appearance, she said she wouldn't be back until craft day.

Anne
26-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't think she will be doing this as, on her last appearance, she said she wouldn't be back until craft day.

Thanks for the info Lioness. I didn't see Amy's last appearance. With me it's a case of - see Amy, switch off.

Rainbowwand
26-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I am interested to see just what these shows will be like, i hope they are not just the usual stuff but i am not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Wellington
26-06-2008, 09:50 AM
LOL Phree :D

Friday's may poss be interesting - but I still have my doubts as to what demos they'll actually manage to complete at a speed that allows you to see what's going on. It'd be a bit dodgy to advertise a crafting techniques week, but then not actually show you any techniques.

I suppose, when you think about it, QVC is a shopping channel, not a 'How to' channel...On the other hand, the more 'how to' we get to see, the more likely we'd want to purchase the product to try it for ourselves. Let's hope they manage to reach a happy medium

Dips
26-06-2008, 10:04 AM
If I remember correctly, the last time they did this, the shows definitely got better as the week progressed, so I'm going to video from Wed onwards.

With regards to the quality of demos, I think that even though the shows are themed, QVC still show a wide variety of kits in a 1 or 2 hour show, and therefore, there is a limit as to how detailed their demos are for each item. This contrasts with CAC, where a 1 hour show will tend to only promote 1 hero kit with a limited number of upsells. Irrespective of demos, I do think that generally QVC shows a wider variety of samples for each kit that they show (there are noteable excpetions on CAC, such as Jane N, Glenda etc, but generally the samples by people such as Michelle Marsden really are just lots of matting and layering onto larger base cards).

Rainbowwand
26-06-2008, 10:05 AM
LOL Phree :D

Friday's may poss be interesting - but I still have my doubts as to what demos they'll actually manage to complete at a speed that allows you to see what's going on. It'd be a bit dodgy to advertise a crafting techniques week, but then not actually show you any techniques.

I suppose, when you think about it, QVC is a shopping channel, not a 'How to' channel...On the other hand, the more 'how to' we get to see, the more likely we'd want to purchase the product to try it for ourselves. Let's hope they manage to reach a happy medium

Yep i agree Welly, i think its all to easy to forget that QVC is not a televised craft workshop, hmm now there's an idea wouldn't that be good,

Anne
26-06-2008, 10:09 AM

I so agree with this. QVC is a business - in it to make as much money as they can. It's frustrating for us crafters who would like to see more detailed demos, but there you go.

Wellington
26-06-2008, 10:23 AM
With regards to the quality of demos, I think that even though the shows are themed, QVC still show a wide variety of kits in a 1 or 2 hour show, and therefore, there is a limit as to how detailed their demos are for each item. This contrasts with CAC, where a 1 hour show will tend to only promote 1 hero kit with a limited number of upsells. Irrespective of demos, I do think that generally QVC shows a wider variety of samples for each kit that they show (there are noteable excpetions on CAC, such as Jane N, Glenda etc, but generally the samples by people such as Michelle Marsden really are just lots of matting and layering onto larger base cards).

Completely agree - & I would also say that the Live shows on IW/C&C can also come across as a hard sell with the presenters yammering away & telling you how everything's a 'must have' & only getting to see a couple of demos. But if you're going to have a week of craft shows, specifically styled as a 'techniques week', surely they can allow a teensy bit more time to demo the techniques - pretty please :D

I sometimes think that where QVC falls down in terms of demos is having Dawn make her way along a counter with all the products in the way. Maybe they should go more for the C&C set up of having a 'work' area

Phree
26-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh, beleive me I know all of the above.. and the stupid regulations which say once an item is sold out the demo must cease - not allowed to tease us by continuing to show something they don't have in stock... LORD that must frustrate the hell out of those who "jumped to the phone" to buy it and as result missed the early stage of the demo and then as soon as they plant their backside down in front of the telly it's gone.... "sorry, we can't show you anymore cuz it'z sold out". I always imaging those poor souls thinking "buggrit, I just spent X number of quid on sumfin I have no idea how to use!

However if QVC are going to name a show "technique" then I do think one is entitled to expect something a little different from the usual, but I seriously doubt if QVC's idea of technique will be more than a "if you have never tried decoupage before here is a beginners how to do it guide" it will be the same with rubber stamping..... "oh if you have always been scared of stamping let us show you some stamping for beginners".

That is what I am expecting.... techniques for beginners who have yet to stick their toe in the water with card making in general or with some specific areas... NOT techniques of a more advanced nature for experienced crafters.

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:28 PM
i hope that they will be able to squeeze in a few more advance techniques for the none beginners which they must have thousands of by now!

Rainbowwand
27-06-2008, 10:49 AM
i hope that they will be able to squeeze in a few more advance techniques for the none beginners which they must have thousands of by now!

You would think so wouldnt you, after all Dawn dont you know, has been there for over ten years now, she brought craft to qvc!! so what about those people that have been with you since the beginning dont you think they may have got passed the beginner stage by now, or maybe the truth is that the more experienced crafter isnt so easily led as a beginner and its no good trying to fob us off with the pick and stick stuff!

Rentochops
27-06-2008, 12:42 PM
TBh I am not too bothered about demos - I just hope they show us decent (and new) products.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
27-06-2008, 01:32 PM
i want new products

but maybe because they have that new interactive channel on the red button on sky they might be trying to do more demos like C&C on there

Phree
27-06-2008, 03:41 PM
You would think so wouldnt you, after all Dawn dont you know, has been there for over ten years now, she brought craft to qvc!! so what about those people that have been with you since the beginning dont you think they may have got passed the beginner stage by now, or maybe the truth is that the more experienced crafter isnt so easily led as a beginner and its no good trying to fob us off with the pick and stick stuff!

Sadly RW, I think you may have hit the nail on the head - QVC know that by the time we are hooked we are also more discerning customers and far less likely to fall for their selling techniques. We shop around and know where to find better deals or deals more suited to our needs - ie smaller quantities of what we will use rather than massive kits which from we pick a few choice elements out of, and then leave the rest stuffed away under the bed, or at the back of our craft cupboard and forget about.

LoobyLou
28-06-2008, 12:13 PM
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

sorry but the list just has that effect on me.....

Spot on Phree, just what I was thinking.

As for Amy, my word her voice just grates on me. I am sure she doesn't mean to, but her voice just has that patronising edge to it, or should that be boring.

LL

Wellington
30-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Utterly forgot about this starting today - sorry technically, yesterday now...Monday I should say. I think I'm a bit too tired to be making any sense...

Anyway I forgot to think about watching - I only remembered now cos I saw the little trailer for it on the WRMK BB launch show!

Rentochops
01-07-2008, 06:41 AM
As a big fan of decoupage, I thought the items were pretty sad, mostly Deisgn Studio which Dawn sells in her shop! I like some of their prints, but the rest were not inspiring.

Studiolight do cute books, but their sheets of decoupage tend to be dire.:mad:

Jeanette
01-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I missed it too!! Did Dawn spend lots of time demo-ing or not?

Buttercup
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I managed to see it some of it (I have to admit to falling asleep in the first half hour!) and thought it was okay. There were quite a few new sets, although I wonder if they didn't have huge quantities of some of them as they sold out pretty quickly. The one I really liked was the black and white Kanban pyramage set - I wanted to re-watch the video online later in the day as I missed seeing some of it, but for some reason it was not there (although it did sell out quickly, so that's perhaps why).

Having seen craft on a Monday afternoon played havoc with my sense of what day it was though, as I spent the rest of yesterday convinced it was Tuesday!

jeanfan
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I tend to record the shows and my digi box lets me ff it by a minute at a time so it usually takes a couple of minutes unless something jumps out at me.

Wellington
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I like some of their prints, but the rest were not inspiring.

I think I need to sleep for a long time, I read this as 'I like some of their pants...' Made me do a double take I can tell you LOL

Marzipan
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
i didnt mind some of the decoupage items but all the pirimarge put me off buying them i want keep on it and every kit i liked seemed to have more of that in it than decoupage!

Rentochops
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I didn't feel there were many demos today or yesterday, not sure of the point of the Kanban woman, but then I watched it on FF as well!

Marzipan
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
i did that too ROC,

Jeanette
02-07-2008, 03:09 AM
I started to watch it but couldn't bare Alison Keenan being so OTT and FAKE! :D

Dips
02-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I missed almost all of yesterday's shows (forgot to set the recorder up) and then was so knackered by the time I got in from work, that I promptly fell asleep during the 11pm show. I'm now going to record Wed, Thurs and Fri, which will give me my crating fix for the weekend!

Chess
02-07-2008, 07:02 AM
She was also being downright RUDE, continually interrupting Dawn. It was like watching an Ideal World show!

nicecupoftea
02-07-2008, 07:07 AM
I really liked the Nile cruise travel theme kits. Started to get the calculator out to work out how much each sheet would really costs. It annoys me when they say, 'this works out at only x amount each,' and it doesn't cox they never factor in the P&P cost. I realized though that it's only me that has a thing about the 1930s and would like to live in a Poirot or Miss Marple book so I resisted.

Still wrote down the item number - just in case.;)

nicecupoftea
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Oh good to see JJ back on form by putting the Card Keeper boards upside down. Why doesn't Dawn check these things herself? It looks so unprofessional when she starts to blame people. If you can't trust someone to do something you either sack them or make sure it's right yourself. She could at least turn the boards round without making such a song and dance about it.

kate0673
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I started to watch it but couldn't bare Alison Keenan being so OTT and FAKE! :D

She was driving me nuts too, I thought I was just turning into a grumpy old woman lol , so at least I realise I'm not on my own.

Wellington
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm busy not watching now too....Should have a peek really, cos it's stamping today

Pam
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Got it on in the background - not very inspiring for me so far. The stuff's not exciting either!

Rentochops
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I have been off sick today with a migraine, but I watched some of it this afternoon and quite enjoyed it, I don't mind Anne Dawson, she's not too in intrusive, I liked the glass picture demo from Leonie, I think it would be good if they always had Leonie doing the demos each week!

Sandra
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I thought it was great having Leonie demoing too. They seem to be doing a lot of those 'la Blanche' foam stamps. Dawn said they were exclusive to QVC here in the UK

Rentochops
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I thought it was great having Leonie demoing too. They seem to be doing a lot of those 'la Blanche' foam stamps. Dawn said they were exclusive to QVC here in the UK

It wasn't great that she had to cut round them though!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
it was nice to see leonie again

Colourarc
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I had this on in the background today, I'm not a stamper but it was that or tennis :rolleyes: one thing that I found unprofessional - a show with decent demos (thumbs up) but vital items NOT in stock!!
i.e. heat guns & brayers! It was a technique show - how can they show heat embossing and then say that there are no heat guns in stock!:eek:

Dawn 'I work so hard with the buyers' Bibby also said " I keep meaning to get an anti-static pad in a kit one day!!!! DOH! been preparing for this show for how long!!!!

Sorry for the rant (& over use of !!!!!!), but purrrleeeese! If I were a beginner I'd be put off by not being able to get all my tools/equipment in one place at one time!!!!

grrrrrrr

Jeanette
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Ann did make me laugh today. Watch this presentation, around 3 mins 25secs Ann says "that looks lovely"!!!! What is the woman on????

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=586474&country=UK

Rainbowwand
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I had this on in the background today, I'm not a stamper but it was that or tennis :rolleyes: one thing that I found unprofessional - a show with decent demos (thumbs up) but vital items NOT in stock!!
i.e. heat guns & brayers! It was a technique show - how can they show heat embossing and then say that there are no heat guns in stock!:eek:

Dawn 'I work so hard with the buyers' Bibby also said " I keep meaning to get an anti-static pad in a kit one day!!!! DOH! been preparing for this show for how long!!!!

Sorry for the rant (& over use of !!!!!!), but purrrleeeese! If I were a beginner I'd be put off by not being able to get all my tools/equipment in one place at one time!!!!

grrrrrrr

A very good point Colourac,

Rainbowwand
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Ann did make me laugh today. Watch this presentation, around 3 mins 25secs Ann says "that looks lovely"!!!! What is the woman on????

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=586474&country=UK

Silly woman, where was she looking!!! Dawn was cutting the excess rubber off for goodness sake lol

Phree
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM
...............What is the woman on????

Answer : On Auto-Pilot :D

Sandra
02-07-2008, 09:56 PM
It wasn't great that she had to cut round them though!

I agree, did make them look a bit pants.

I've actually got the cute children (I think she called them 'precious moments') and also one set of the swirly ones with tassles.... both hot tip-off's from the Temptress and I'm not sure how I'm going to store them as they are quite bulky. Am so used to unmounted stamps now.

Were the swirl/tassle ones shown on today's 2 hours? If so I blinked and missed them.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
sandra if they were new and in the two hours earlier they would be in this thread http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33&page=2 but i dont remember doing them so i dont think they have been shown yet

Jeanette
03-07-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't remember seeing them Sandra

Rentochops
03-07-2008, 06:50 AM
I don't remember seeing them Sandra

me neither!

nicecupoftea
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Did anyone see the the sample of the church with the Christmas tree? I really liked the look of it. It wasn't on the show (really hate it when they have samples and you can't find the bits they made them with). Put 'Church stamp' into the famous QVC search facility (don't know why I wasted my time) and then looked through a whole load of sections to no avail. I guess I might have to wait for Christmas Craft Day.

Sandra
03-07-2008, 09:51 AM
sandra if they were new and in the two hours earlier they would be in this thread http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33&page=2 but i dont remember doing them so i dont think they have been shown yet

Thanks SCW but it's none of those. The one I've got is 586996. Lovely stamps, great designs. Was just hoping to see some samples. I think the big corner one would look lovely stamped onto acetate and made into an overlay/overcoat.

Rainbowwand
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
wish you could pick which two you wanted, i want one from each set :(

Pam
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
The stamp sets are a pain aren't they RW. There's always at least one that I know I won't use. Wonder if it's a way to get rid of the not so popular ones. lol

Prudence2
03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Could we 'club' together and hire someone to get rid of JF? I was watching the stencils this afternoon as I was stuck in bed. I don't use stencils a lot although I do have some very lovely ones - and was looking for some tips on different ways to use them.

I could have cheerfully strangled her with my bare hands, she babbled, minced, swaned across the set and obviously thought she was 'the bees knees'. You could see Dawn and her team looking on with embarrased horror.
However many people switched off and didn't buy because of her?:eek::eek:

Phree
03-07-2008, 06:08 PM
LOL prudence, I have made this point god knows how many times about JF.... once I even phoned the Talk to the Studo phone number....when I got thru I said :

"I don't really want to talk to the studio thanks, I want to talk to YOU, because I know you can talk to the gallery and the gallery can talk into Jill Franks ear.... and can you please tell them to tell her to shut up because she is ruinng the show! We can't hear the details of the products or how to use them because of her incessant babbling and I am NOT going to buy something when I can't hear about what it is I am thinking of buying"

It seemed to work cuz she certainly toned it down shortly after that.

Marzipan
03-07-2008, 08:12 PM
wish you could pick which two you wanted, i want one from each set :(
your not allowed anything else mum dont forget!!!

Prudence2
03-07-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL prudence, I have made this point god knows how many times about JF.... once I even phoned the Talk to the Studo phone number....when I got thru I said :

"I don't really want to talk to the studio thanks, I want to talk to YOU, because I know you can talk to the gallery and the gallery can talk into Jill Franks ear.... and can you please tell them to tell her to shut up because she is ruinng the show! We can't hear the details of the products or how to use them because of her incessant babbling and I am NOT going to buy something when I can't hear about what it is I am thinking of buying"

It seemed to work cuz she certainly toned it down shortly after that.

I have to admit I was (dreaming) of hiring a hit man!!:cool::eek:

Ribbons
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I stopped watching too yesterdy what with JF and the camera work was awful when Dawn's helpers were demonstrating, I couldn't see properley so just gave up as it was so annoying. I wonder who is on this afternoon with Dawn, most of the presenters don't understand what is going on and talk over just at the crucial bits of info. And another thing, they are always telling Dawn there isn't time, well if they stopped talking, announcing, and telling us the b.......... obvious we could actually take in some information. Ahh, feel better now. :)

Little Jan
04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
JF was annoying me too
talk about pose for the camera
oh ill look to the left flick hair
oh now I'll place my hand on my hip turn slightly and show of my stick thin arms,
right front camera pose now , must get the pout right.
looked more like a model shoot then a craft show:mad:
and how many times will she say oh could you do this and that when Dawn had already said you could:mad::mad:

Rentochops
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I stopped watching too yesterdy what with JF and the camera work was awful when Dawn's helpers were demonstrating, I couldn't see properley so just gave up as it was so annoying. I wonder who is on this afternoon with Dawn, most of the presenters don't understand what is going on and talk over just at the crucial bits of info. And another thing, they are always telling Dawn there isn't time, well if they stopped talking, announcing, and telling us the b.......... obvious we could actually take in some information. Ahh, feel better now. :)

It's the HOTP woman this afternoon - a real guest! But I suppose there must be a presenter as well as Dawn!! Oh it's Catherine Huntley...

clevercat
04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought Dawn's facial expressions whilst saying nothing during the witterings spoke volumes. She did look as though she might just let rip occasionally. If Dawn ever wins the lottery I'd love to see her final show with JF, the pokey tool would be put to good use on it's own.

nicecupoftea
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Just noticed that the 'Summer Surprise' is the former TSV of the Multi Technique Floral kit. They've put it on 4 EPs now. Didn't they try to flog this as a OTO at £17.50 once? They must have stacks left still if people didn't buy it when it was that cheap. After looking in the clearance section on the website it does look like Dawn is taking up much of the warehouse at the moment.

Wellington
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Just noticed that the 'Summer Surprise' is the former TSV of the Multi Technique Floral kit. They've put it on 4 EPs now. Didn't they try to flog this as a OTO at £17.50 once? They must have stacks left still if people didn't buy it when it was that cheap. After looking in the clearance section on the website it does look like Dawn is taking up much of the warehouse at the moment.

I bought that the last time it was on 4 Easy Pays LOL Kicked myself (gently) when they later offered it for $17.50...

auntie
04-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I bought that the last time it was on 4 Easy Pays LOL Kicked myself (gently) when they later offered it for $17.50...

I got it at the O T O price and have only used a little , it is so big a package that it will do me for years , was excellent value , lovely stuff in it