PDA

View Full Version : Nestabilities ?

Phree
06-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I notice there is a Nestabilities show scheduled today (6th August) @ 11am - do these work in the Cuttlebug?

Jeanette
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes Phree they do, but do not buy your nesties from IW. They are soooo expensive even with the discount and free P&P!!!

lovepaperstroking2
06-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I get my nesties from here..http://www.ucutathome.com/shop/index.php/action/item/id/2567/

If you sign up and get the 40% discount every month it's a huge saving.My last lot of four sets cost me with p+p about £33:)and were delivered in about 9 days.Cant make my mind up which ones to get this month:D

Jeanette
06-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I have 12 sets of nesties all of which were bought from there LPS. I bought the set of 4 but found I really didn't need them all because they were so similar in size so my friend and I shared the set of 4 each time

Phree
06-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks ladies, you just saved me a fortune! I was sooooo tempted to buy one of those large sets of 4 as with club membership discount and free p&p it seemed like a good price. I guess there is the risk of getting hit for custom's duty tho buying from the USA, so I will just try to resist until December when we are allowed to spend more before duty becomes payable.

greenacres20
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
A UK seller is Joanna Sheen and it's free postage. Dawn

Phree
06-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I had found them on the JS site, but with free P&P and club discount too the sets of 4 from C&C are cheaper.....but the USA price is closer to HALF price so even JS can't compete with that.

sugarplum
06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I buy mine from u cut @home and so far have been lucky and never incurred any duty or charges

Jeanette
06-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I've never incurred any duties or charges when buying from ucut@home

Phree
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh I know lots of folks get away with the duty, and so did we at one time - we didn't realise when hubby first started buying some model kits from the USA that he might end up paying duty. Then I read about how expensive duty could be when fabyon mentioned it a long time back when we were still part of ST.com.

Anyhow long story short - Once I know that there is a down side to something - ie in this case I could get stung badly for duty my luck changes - I tend to be one of those unlucky kind of people in life - the kind that will get her parcel picked up by customs and duty charged, so as I really should not be spending anymore on craft stuff for a bit anyway I will prolly just wait till December.

gill71
06-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I think they have started a huge crackdown on customs charges recently. My OH is a postman and says there are sackfuls everyday now with charges on them...not worth the risk ATM.

blarf
06-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Can't you just buy one set at a time? They're cheap enough to be below the threshold for customs.
I've always wondered what nestabilities are, now after seeing the show I want some too, so much easier than have a box full of punches in different sizes.

gill71
06-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I quite fancied them too after seeing them this morning, they did a very good sales pitch!

Winspiration
06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Me too :D

I must rein back though, have spent too much recently and my craft room is piling up with parcels, but I can't seem to find the time to do any actual crafting just at the moment!

Sandra
06-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Me too :D

I must rein back though, have spent too much recently and my craft room is piling up with parcels, but I can't seem to find the time to do any actual crafting just at the moment!

Same here. I have been collecting nesties for a while and they are brilliant. I pretty much use them on every card I make. I also get mine from USA

Jeanette
06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Can't you just buy one set at a time?

Of course you can Sam but IMHO you really want to buy them in pairs, a plain set and the co-ordinating scalloped set.

I also that buying all 4 sets is a waste of money too as they are so similar in size. Its money that could be spent on a completely different shape:rolleyes:

Phree
06-08-2008, 05:38 PM
To be honest I really should not be buying anything even a single set at USA prices - if I had bought a set today it was going to be my Birthday present from hubby. I really have blown my craft budget for the next month or so when I was on holiday, so as my birthday is not until October I may as well wait till December when there is no need to sweat any possible custom duty.

blarf
07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
LOL, I agree, I'd have to have the scalloped too. So if the sizes are similar, do you get the small or large? I think I'd opt for the large as I think they're only 4" at most.

How much do they work out with the 40% discount? They were $23 a set weren't they? So, about $14? So if my maths serves me right (:eek:) that's £7 each? OMG that's so much cheaper than IW, you could even get two sets into the country for under £18. Oh dear, I feel a trip back to the website coming on.

blarf
07-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Oh, it turns out that the 40% is only on one item and it's off the list price but even so, that's pretty good. I just ordered the large square and the scalloped large square.

Phree
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Enjoy using your new nestabilities when they arrive blarf, I think I will definately have to have some of these when I have some pennies to spend again... it's pay day tomorrow thank goodness, but I happen to know what the next Graphicus Guild member's speical offer will be and it's a must have so craft wise I am still skint till September !

blarf
20-08-2008, 10:30 AM
My nestabilities arrived today and even though I paid $37.50 for them they marked the parcel as $18 worth of goods. No chance of getting caught by customs at that rate :)

Very impressed by cut at home's service.

On another note, there's very few instructions with the dies. It says you can cut emboss and stencil with them. I think I can figure out the cutting and stencilling bit easy enough but how do I emboss? Using the rubber mat with the cuttlebug? The one that allows you to emboss brass stencils? Off to have a play now :)

Jeanette
20-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Glad they've arrived sk!

Yes you do need a mat to emboss with the nesties. Youtube have lots of videos on embossing with the CB

missusnobby
20-08-2008, 12:24 PM
not sure if it's any help, a friend sent me this link which tells you quite a bit about nestabilities,, and there's piccies too :)
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/spellbinders_faq/index.html

lovepaperstroking2
20-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Glad your's have arrived SK:)
Still waiting on mine:(they were sent on the 8th so hopefully be here soon.

sugarplum
20-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Just been using mine this morning (only managed one day back at work after the summer hols then the school was closed today due to strike action so had to take another days holiday!) the sandwich for embossing is
white plate, die, (cutting edge up) card, Rubber embossing mat and white plate