PDA

View Full Version : Mystery man with Howard this morning

Rentochops
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I was watching the Craft Extravaganza and with Howard was an incredibly dull man stating the obvious about the products. Is Howard not allowed to work alone?

Phree
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I didn't see this mornings show, but there is an extravaganza on now with Howard. The demonstrator with him is Paul Church who normally demos with Wendy Stenton (WS Designs). When Paul is doing Wendy's templates I always think he does a pretty good job of explaining clearly what he is doing and how the templates are used to make card. Good for viewers who are unsure about how to use the templates.

Sharon Duncan
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Paul is an excellent demonstrator and very thorough and clearly describes each product without jokes and innuendoes.

The way it should be done!

He was thrown in at the deep end yesterday and was only meant to be on the 9am show but was roped in at the very last minute to do the 11am and 2pm show as Howard was under the weather. He didnt know any of the products until the show started and I think he did a great job considering.

If I ever needed a demonstrator he would be my first choice.

auntie
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I was quite impressed by Paul , nice and calm , no silly giggling , just clear explanations

crafty anne
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I must admit I thought he was dull too.

Phree
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Actually I suspect Paul's "dullness" may be more to do with the fact he is concentrating hard to make sure he gets all the information across. Certainly he is not as full of "witty banter" as some of the other guests, but I think as Sharon says he is very professional. At times the "witty banter" is allowed to get in the way of a proper and detailed explanation of how to use whatever the product is that the demonstrator is showing. This rarely happens with Paul, he makes sure he explains clearly and in detail exactly how to acheive the card he is making.

crafty anne
11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't wish to be nasty, he seems a capable demonstrator, is certainly inoffensive and people watching craft for the first time would probably benefit from him. My remark about him being dull didn't just refer to his tuition skills, but also his actual work, i.e. the cards he makes - they are dull and uninspiring.

Rentochops
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't wish to be nasty, he seems a capable demonstrator, is certainly inoffensive and people watching craft for the first time would probably benefit from him. My remark about him being dull didn't just refer to his tuition skills, but also his actual work, i.e. the cards he makes - they are dull and uninspiring.

Sorry still find him dull, I am sure he is a very nice man though! I did see him shrink plastic a post box once and it went all wonky, never mind, but the card wasn't great. I'm afraid I want it all - personality and demos! It is TV after all.