PDA

View Full Version : Garden Delights CD POTD

Wellington
13-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Um, am I being a bit slow on the uptake here? Only can someone explain why I'd want a pack of stickers & backing sheets if I was buying a CD? Can I not just print them off myself? And if the 6 designs of backing papers aren't on the CD - um, why aren't they?

Is this CD just full of single images with no backing papers?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Jeanette
13-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Definitely not for me thank goodness!

Rentochops
13-08-2008, 07:35 AM
I thought that too Welly - very odd! I have to say it looks a lot better than those My Craft Studio CD-ROM's and has a graphics package! Fed up of same stuff though, I'm off tomorrow hope some good things on!

Dips
13-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I think that this CD is by Doverbooks, I was watching last night on my bedroom TV and the image was too small to tell, but I am fairly certain that it was the design manager package that comes with every DoverBooks CD that they were using. I use DoverBooks CDs alot as they do some interesting things with Monograms and scrolls etc. The CDs from them are usually £13-£15 with free p&p but they don't usually do backing papers.

Yep, just heard Steph say that it was the Dover Design Manager programme. If anyone would like to see what other CDs that they do, click on Dover Books (http://www.doverbooks.co.uk/pcp/Images%20On%20CDROM.html). I think the POD is a good price as it appears to have more images than they usually include on a single CD. However, there is much more choice on the Dover Books site and ALL their items are P&P free and delivery is superb, usually next day if you order in the morning.

Wellington
13-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Must go & have a nosey at that site, thanks Dips.

I don't doubt the price is good, but I just find it odd to offer backing sheets with a CD! I know they did something similar with an MM POTD a few months back (or was it only weeks, they have so many these days LOL) with a CD & a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge pile of backing papers/cards, but at least the paper/card pack was foiled & not something you could print off

Pam
13-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I've just had a quick look at the POTD and think it's a great idea but I didn't see one image that I'd like to print!:(

Got better flowers in my garden. lol - No fairies though! (I think);)