PDA

View Full Version : Foil Play Design Team Challenge - thank you to Phree

Winspiration
13-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you to Phree for two gorgeous glittered cards, which I have blogged about here (http://foilplay.blogspot.com/2008/08/foil-play-dt-challenge-glittered-cards.html) :)

Anne
13-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Ooooo, love that snowflake card.

Dips
13-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Stunning cards, as usual, Phree. I especially like the idea of using glossy accents over the glittered images - I'll bet that this makes it unlikely that you have any glitter in unwanted places ;)

Wellington
13-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Fab cards - I'm just in the throes of planning my next challenge cards...

Phree
14-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks folks.

Dips, there are 2 versions of the glitter card - version 1 is the one I made for Foilplay.....however version 2 is the DIL's Revenge version..... so, when would you make a DIL's Revenge version.....read on

1) Is your MIL totally house proud with never as much as fleck of dust to be seen or a single used coffee cup sitting in the sink?

2) Does she love nothing better than to visit you and as soon as your back is turned she starts running a finger along your highest bookshelves to check for dust?

If you can answer Yes to the above, then you send "Glitter Card Mark II, DIL's Revenge" to her......

Instructions for Glitter Card Mark II

Do NOT coat glittered card with Glossy Accents
Do NOT use a strong adhesive such as the Sakura Glue pen..... use watered down cheap PVA - just enough so as the glitter will stick on long enough for you to get the card in the envelope, but no so enough to keep it there.....then you get the last laugh as soon as that annoying MIL pulls the card from the envelope the glitter should start falling off in clouds and end up EVERYWHERE :D

Jeanette
14-08-2008, 07:11 AM
then you get the last laugh as soon as that annoying MIL pulls the card from the envelope the glitter should start falling off in clouds and end up EVERYWHERE :D

OMG Phree, thats so funny! It takes me back to before I started making cards. I bought a card for my mum and put lots of glitter and confetti in it:eek:

nicecupoftea
14-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Well that's my Christmas card sorted. :D

Wellington
14-08-2008, 12:45 PM
OMG Phree, thats so funny! It takes me back to before I started making cards. I bought a card for my mum and put lots of glitter and confetti in it:eek:

Nobody appreciated the Christmas confetti I put in all the cards a few years back :( I thought it was a great idea LOL I would have done it again the year after, but as peeps complained, i still have the stuff in a drawer somewhere!

Winspiration
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you to Phree, for another gorgeous glittered card - I've blogged about it here (http://foilplay.blogspot.com/2008/09/foil-play-dt-challenge-glittered-card.html)