PDA

View Full Version : Promarkers

wacker
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy some promarkers. I know that a memento ink pad is the recommended one to use with them and Stazon is a no no, but can any other ink pads be used.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

englishminx
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I brought both versafine ink and memento to use with my copics and pro-markers. For best value both come in small sizes, which is good if you want a few colours, I brought the full set of both on ebay with free P&P and cost me about £1.30 per colour.

I personally like both the versafine and memento, both have their place, although the versafine is great for detailed stamps.

kriskros
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Can I just ask why is stazon a no no? I thought it was a good ink for a stamp if you wanted to colour the image afterwards.

Rentochops
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Can I just ask why is stazon a no no? I thought it was a good ink for a stamp if you wanted to colour the image afterwards.

Stazon is a solvent based inkpad and Promarkers are alcohol based - if used together the colours will bleed. You need a dye based ink pad not a spirit based one.

I've got loads of old Whispers ones and they work with Promarkers. You can use Versafine if you let it dry first (or use a heat gun).

Or use Adirondack on smooth, mat card.

You see stampers I was listening!

wacker
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
That's great. Thanks for the info. i was hoping I'd be able to use versafine.