PDA

View Full Version : Sizzix Texturz plates

Sandra
23-08-2008, 09:36 AM
OK... so I've gone and bought a stack of Sizzix Texturz plates... how do I get them to work in my Cuttlebug or am I going to have to dig out my Big Shot and buy a Multi-platform thingy??:confused:

Jeanette
23-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I use mine in a BS but I know others that use the CB. I'm not sure of the correct sandwich but I found this on another forum Hope it helps

I use the Sizzix texture plates in my Bug with no problem.
Recipe:
A plate>sizzix texture plate>cardstock> sizzix rubber sheet (from starter kit)> plate B

Now this recipe is on the thin side and by itself usually will not make an impression. What I do is add paper to the TOP of the sandwich to make a shim. Most of the time i just grab some junkmail letter that came in the mail and stick that on top. All you need is something to make the sandwich run thru tightly so that the impression will be made

Sandra
23-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Jeanette!!:D Have ordered a starter kit, so will have to wait to play...

jeanfan
23-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Mine arrived today,been playing all afternoon.Jeanette,I think you said the Christmas ones on mirror card looked great - you were right!

Jeanette
24-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Mine arrived today,been playing all afternoon.Jeanette,I think you said the Christmas ones on mirror card looked great - you were right!

I did JF, I particularly liked the holly one on gold mirri card;) Good to hear you are enjoying them!!

Just a hint, sometimes if you add shims of paper to your sandwich, you can get a deeper impression.

jeanfan
24-08-2008, 10:58 AM
I did JF, I particularly liked the holly one on gold mirri card;) Good to hear you are enjoying them!!

Just a hint, sometimes if you add shims of paper to your sandwich, you can get a deeper impression.

Yes I like the holly,the words on gold too.I played about with different thickness for shims thanks.

Phree
24-08-2008, 03:32 PM
OK as being a noob to Cuttlebuggin' I think I am entitled to ask a dumb question :D

What are Sizzix texture plates? Are they the Sizzix version of the Cuttlebug embossing folders?

Jeanette
24-08-2008, 03:39 PM
They are similar to CB folders Phree but much bigger and cheaper!!!

Jan
24-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Does any one know the best deal on the cuttlebug I think I need one!
Thanks
Jan