PDA

View Full Version : best glue?

craftycat
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Still learning the tricks with my Cuttlebug, really enjoying it. One thing I am wondering though, some of the die cut pieces are tiny, often narrow. Any tips about the best sort of glue would be appreciated.

I use foam pads and silicone glue normally or Colall (?) if I want the shape flat. Wondering if there is a decent spray glue or is it just a case of being very careful with other products. :confused:

sugarplum
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I tend to use my xyron for small fiddly bits as it easy to pop them in and get an even sticky coating

Alice3_2009
04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I like that blue Zig(?) glue which dries clear, and you can let it dry before sticking the pieces on if you want a tacky finish, like the doors on the JS cottages. My husband opened the stable doors on his Christmas card, really wide and the card kept falling over until I "stuck" them down!

craftycat
04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
thanks folks. Don't own a xyron but do have some of those blue glue pens. Just hadn't thought of those. LOL too much craft stash probably, don't remember half I have got!

Shepherdess
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
When I'm cutting small pieces like alphabets, I stick dst on the back of the card and then cut, it rarely cuts through the backing on the dst so the small pieces just peel off ready to stick on your project.

englishminx
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Sakura quickie glue pens are fantastic for things like that, you can write where you want the glue, and it holds virtually anything ... well virtually anything!!

Anne
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Another vote for Quickie glue pens.

Wellington
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I would have gone for the Quickie glue pen option, but I'm liking Shepherdess' solution & will bare it in mind when I get my 'Bug. I am utterly determined to get one now, & will continue with quiet persistance to remind hubby of this fact.

craftycat
05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Had a quick try out with quickie pen last night and even with messy me in charge it worked well.

What a fascinating life we all lead, discussions on glues and ink types being such a huge part of the day!!!!